Law of the jungle

Hello. Law of the jungle states that in order to succeed in life, one must pursue one's self-interests ruthlessly. And this seems to imply that kind, considerate people actually suffer a disadvantage. Anyway, just wondering about how this principle works.

Last edited:
one must pursue one's self-interests ruthlessly.
Hello Wan
The law of the jungle is where physical superiority and brute force are leveraged for self-interest and selfish gain in the short term.

In my experience these types of people are generally the most miserable, lonely and unhappy of people because these behaviors preclude any meaningful human relationship.

There is little to no room for God or thought to His Kingdom in a life spent in ruthless pursuit of material wealth or personal enrichment. They are trading their eternal Heaven, their Heavenly reward, for temporal, earthly treasures that will rust away.

Even most ruthless people want to abandon the law of the jungle and be treated with kindness and charity when they stumble.

Matthew 7:12​

"So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

Hello. Law of the jungle states that in order to succeed in life, one must pursue one's self-interests ruthlessly. And this seems to imply that kind, considerate people actually suffer a disadvantage. Anyway, just wondering about how this principle works.
Wan the law of the jungle be many things. Some look upon the race superiority and that the less advanced culture or cultures must give way to the more superior and eventually disappear. Others look upon it as MiGHT is always right. ( Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ) according to those who are like minded on par with Alister Crowley ideology.The law of the jungle mentality has certainly been well indoctrinated to us through our schooling years. Like with who gets thrown overboard from the life boat scenario to maximise the survival of others. I guess the only problem with the process is who gets to do the choosing over the matter of life and death in that respect. There also always be someone stronger physically or mentally waiting in the winds who is willing to lay hold to the same claim to those who stand before them. More so if there be no recognition of a Divine authority that looks over the affairs of humanity as a balance.

I worked within the laws of the jungle in my previous life (the life before being born again). After the beginning of the new life, that is when I was willing to lose all in order to gain everything handed to me by our Lord. We all can agree that what comes from the Lord is of everlasting value, far in excess of anything we can gain in this world.

The things of this earth perish forever, but that which lasts forevermore comes only from the Lord. What does He get back from us what is lasting?

Our tears and our prayers. Those are what He keeps that came up before him from this life.

MM

Hello Wan;

The principle that the philosopher of law of the jungle shares never has a successful ending. Just continued chasing after it's self interest to the point of death with nothing beyond that.

As a believer my riches is in Christ, not self. I look seriously at this as a
spiritual investment in my eternal future where the reward is great and will last forever.

It's always good to see you fellowship here,
Wan. Please continue writing.

Love in Christ.
Bob

Back