Law Enforcement Security Advisory

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
Law Enforcement Security Advisory

This information came to me by way of an active duty Deputy Sheriff in Alabama. This information has been confirmed as being correct by Snopes:

How to Lock Your Car Properly and Why -

I locked my car --- as I walked away I heard my car door unlock I went back and locked my car again three times. I looked around and there were two guys sitting in a car in the fire lane next to the store. When I looked straight at them they did not unlock my car again.

How to lock your car safely -

While traveling, my son stopped at a roadside park. He came out to his car less than 4-5 minutes later and found someone had gotten into his car, and stolen his cell phone, laptop computer, GPS navigator, briefcase.....you name it....

He called the State Police and since there were no signs of his car being broken into - the Trooper told him that there is a device that robbers are using now to clone your vehicle lock system security code when you lock your doors on your car using your key-chain locking device.

They sit a distance away and watch for their next victim. They know you are going inside of the store, restaurant, or bathroom and have a few minutes to steal and run. The State Police officer said to manually lock your car door - by hitting the manual lock button inside the car, that way if there is someone sitting in a parking lot watching for their next victim it will not be you.

When you hit the lock button in your car upon exiting... it does not send the security code, but if you walk away and use the door lock on your key chain - it sends the code through the airwaves where it can be monitored and stolen. Something totally new to us... and real.

Be aware of this and please pass this note on... look how many times we all lock our doors with our remote... just to be sure we remembered to lock them... and bingo someone has our code... and whatever was in the car can be stolen.

[ Details Snopes Approved. Please share with everyone you know... ]

why do you need locks.?i,m sure God has the situation under control.

Possibly, Michael, but God also gave us the brain power and abilities to protect ourselves and our families from harm. It would be a rebuking of God's creation (us) if we ignored His gifts and just let everyone or anyone walk over us as if Christians are second class citizens.

Please go over 1 Timothy 5:8 (NLT) regarding taking care of our loved ones. Thank you. :)

Back