Last Adam Second Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
1Cor.15:45-47 speaks of Jesus being the Last Adam and the Second Man. What does this mean? How is Jesus the last Adam? How is He the second Man?

Quantrill

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1 Corinthians 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Perhaps from the foregoing, God will reveal His "intended message" regarding ADAM.

May I ask what sect of "christianity" you follow? I am very curious.

I am Christian. Born-again. Protestant.

In the past, I was brought up mainly Southern Baptist. After turning away from God for a while, upon my return, I trusted only the Bible for my beliefs. Though the Southern Baptists are a good group, I don't try to stay just there.

I have been part of the Presbyterian Church in America. In fact I think that is one of the best Churches I enjoyed.

I have enjoyed the non-denominational churches and other independent churches all depending on their doctrine of course.

The Plymouth Brethren Church in the past appeals to me, though Im sure there are things I would have problems with, such as their closed obsservance of the Lords Supper. And there are not any where I am.

So, basically, as I indicated in my first sentence. Christian, born-again, Protestant.

Quantrill

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1 Corinthians 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Perhaps from the foregoing, God will reveal His "intended message" regarding ADAM.

Perhaps. Have you been following what has been said?

Quantrill

The reference to Jesus Christ as the second Adam is related to representation.

Adam represented the entire human race and through him all have inherited a sinful nature. This sinful nature leads to death - the penalty of sin.
Jesus is the "new Adam" and in Him there is forgiveness of sin and eternal life.

Through one man came death, through another came eternal life.

1Co 15:21

For since death is through man, the resurrection of the dead also is through a Man.

1Co 15:22

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all will be made alive.

Jesus Christ is titled the 'Last Adam' and the 'Second Man'.

Your implication that Jesus is the 'new' Adam or 'second' Adam are incorrect.

Quantrill

I hate it when arrogance and pompous attitudes abound in these conversations.

Abound? Please.

For some reason you equate the desire to be correct in the Scripture with arrogance. And its not. I suppose you equate ignorance with spirituality and humbleness?

Quantrill

Jesus Christ is titled the 'Last Adam' and the 'Second Man'.

Your implication that Jesus is the 'new' Adam or 'second' Adam are incorrect.

Quantrill

I was not aware this was an academic essay, I thought this was a Christian forum where friendly discussion was encouraged.

If you want theological exogesis in every answer, maybe you should start with yourself and provide us all with the answer to your question in your first post, giving complete exogesis of the passage of scripture complete with academic reference.

I am not going to nit pick with you over words which are obviously one in the same in modern day english.

I am awaiting your detailed rebuttal - not one liner rebukes - a sign of spiritual arrogance.

I was not aware this was an academic essay, I thought this was a Christian forum where friendly discussion was encouraged.

If you want theological exogesis in every answer, maybe you should start with yourself and provide us all with the answer to your question in your first post, giving complete exogesis of the passage of scripture complete with academic reference.

I am not going to nit pick with you over words which are obviously one in the same in modern day english.

I am awaiting your detailed rebuttal - not one liner rebukes - a sign of spiritual arrogance.

"Bible Study". I can't help it if it doesn't take more than a line. Jesus is called the Last Adam and Second Man.

I guess it would be alright with you if we change the titles in your signature verse of Is.9:6 ? We could say, a Son is born and a Child is given. After all, we know they are both talking about Jesus.

As for a 'detailed rebuttal', I would suggest you read the thread and if you disagree then show me where it is?

Quantrill

[quote="Quantrill, post: 251175....I guess it would be alright with you if we change the titles in your signature ......, I would suggest you read the thread and if you disagree then show me where it is?

Quantrill[/quote]

My prayer for you, Q:

May God use a gentle hand when He humbles you, but whether gently or with a smack upside the head, may He indeed humble you.

This is a prayer I have prayed for myself. It is my gift to you.

Ginger

Ginger

You quote me yet leave out that which I ask Kevin to prove his incorrect statements. Yet you pray God would humble me.

So many here accuse me of arrogance, yourself included , yet the only thing I find that would cause you to say that is that I can defend what I believe is correct in the Bible. You disagree, so I am 'arrogant'. So, because I am correct in my understanding of the Bible, then I am arrogant.

Let me ask you, as I grow weary of these accusations, does God hear this prayer of yours to 'humble' me? For any and all who want to pray that God 'humbles' me, does God hear your prayers in this? The only answer is 'yes', He does. And as I stand before God this evening with my right hand in the air, I will accept any answer to your prayer that God gives.

Without a doubt, however, any influence I may have has been affected and I don't believe I could offer any more here. So, I accept your and others prayer for my being humled by God, and I take my leave. Though I change nothing I have said, nor regret anything I have said.

Quantrill

"Bible Study". I can't help it if it doesn't take more than a line. Jesus is called the Last Adam and Second Man.

I guess it would be alright with you if we change the titles in your signature verse of Is.9:6 ? We could say, a Son is born and a Child is given. After all, we know they are both talking about Jesus.

As for a 'detailed rebuttal', I would suggest you read the thread and if you disagree then show me where it is?

Quantrill

I am still waiting for your theological explanation to your first question you posted. You obviously posted the question with your own answer in mind in an attempt to teach us something because you have rebuked everyone else. On second thought dont bother, because by the way you have treated others on this forum, I have very little respect left for you but I will pray for you.

I am quite aquainted with dealing with cults - and you are no different. Maybe you havnt realised it yet, but jumping from one church to the next without actually submitting to a church to serve Jesus is a cult tendancy - the next step is actually starting a cult believing that you have the only true theology and all other Christian churches are apsotate - or maybe you have already done that...

As the topic creator has resigned from the site, I'm closing this topic. It will remain visible. If anyone wishes to reopen it for discussion, contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back