1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies And Gentlemen

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Mark_18, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Ladies And Gentlemen

and gentlemen: please remember to respect eachother with a friendly humble attitude towards eachother, and try not to let your mind give into any stereotypical thinking.

Look for what God says about people, don't give yourself special treatment, love them like Jesus, and watch out for lust and selfish
    thinking. My opinion is that if your Christlike you can get along with pretty much anyone.

Lord, please give us wisdom and patience to humbly tolerate and lead others. Let us keep the bond of peace so that your Holy Spirit will be with us and heal our relationships.

Scared some of you didn't I? :p

God bless.

2. Mark...I know you mean well...but ...lust is brilliant when you are married...it makes for a great s*x life with spouse...and Christ said we are special...we as christians are set apart.:eek:

Do you mean not to be vain though? if os I totally agree and I agree about the being selfish issue...for an 18 year old that does show great maturity.:DI disagree with your opinion that because a person is Christ like they can get along with everyone...but that is based on personal experiance not relivant in detail to this topic.:fish:

You mention lead others...you have to remember only those with authority over us can lead us....and we can only lead those who we have authority over.:groupray:

As for peace...do you remember what Jesus said about that?

and ot answer your question...no...it takes more than an 18 year old lad on a message board to scare me:p

your post however do have to be approached with caution:ph34r:D:D:D:D:p
  3. Yea, when I talked about lust I was thinking particularly around friends, friends of friends, coworkers, anyone that you interract with - watching that you don't have lustful thoughts. Even when not acted upon, it negatively affects your relationship with the person cause of what it does with your mind toward them. I think it takes you further from ever bringing them to the Lord, too. How sickening is that thought!? :(

But yea I mean the bad lust of course. I wouldn't say watch out for knives in the sink, cause they might end up in your hand, cutting some veggies, and helping make dinner for your family. :p

Yea, I'm done leading people as if I know where I'm going, lol.

What exactly about peace?

Ephesians 4:3 is what I had in mind in the OP. There's lots.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. Matthew 5:9

Peace is awesome. I've made the mistake of using my brain to brilliantly bring peace, cause I'm so smart. lol. But we're so blind, we're not peaceful when we think we are. Me anyway. I'm so thankful God shows us our dirt and gives us the chance to be delivered from those ways.
  4. lust is much more than just a carnal (***) attraction....

the great Edwin Louis Cole defined love and lust (something) like this:

love is giving to others, even at the expense of self
    lust is giving to self, even at the expense of self

the words "I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.." come to mind.. :)