Kjv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's talk about that cartoon for a second. We have what appears to be a Catholic priest, Satan, and someone else saying "We hope you like our Bible," implying that the Catholics and Satan designed their own Bible version.

Apart from being highly offensive to Catholics, isn't it a BIT of a stretch to say that a translation of the Bible could be so off the mark that Satan himself would be endorsing it? It IS the Bible, after all.

Finally, that picture comes from the Jesus-is-savior.com website. Type it in your web browser now if you don't believe me. David J. Stewart, who runs the website, is a convicted child abuser.

http://davidjstewartexposed.blogspot.ca/

Are you really sure you want to be quoting from a website like that one?

David J stewart also breathes air and so do I... Whats your point? Im not even sure if he himself designed that cartoon but for the sake of argument lets say he did. So what? It still makes good point and has nothing to do with child abuse. And by the way if you are so concerned about child abuse you might want to take a look over in a little city in Italy. It has a giant castle and a man who claims to be the king of a busine.., er I mean religion.

The third individual in the cartoon FYI is supposed to be a businessman.

I understand your opinion but what about the facts? did you not read the verse I provided?! Something that perverse has to be inspired by satan himself! May God have mercy on you brother!

David J stewart also breathes air and so do I... Whats your point? Im not even sure if he himself designed that cartoon but for the sake of argument lets say he did. So what? It still makes good point and has nothing to do with child abuse. And by the way if you are so concerned about child abuse you might want to take a look over in a little city in Italy. It has a giant castle and a man who claims to be the king of a busine.., er I mean religion.

The third individual in the cartoon FYI is supposed to be a businessman.

I understand your opinion but what about the facts? did you not read the verse I provided?! Something that perverse has to be inspired by satan himself! May God have mercy on you brother!
Well, I just make a point of not quoting from the websites of convicted child abusers, it just somehow detracts from the trustworthiness of them. And yes, there is child abuse in the Catholic church. Statistically, it's just as bad (and some say even worse) everywhere else. Exhibit A:

http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm

I fail to see how businessmen are in cahoots with Satan and Catholics, can you explain that one?

So kindly explain why it is that you use KJV when you are studying protestantism? What is the relation in other words?

Well as a former Protestant, I used it quite a lot in my journey to the Catholic Church in comparing Protestant versions of the Bible to Catholic versions. I actually used to use it when I lead a Bible study in college back in the early 2000s.

Though I don't use it for Scriptural devotion for the same reason why you avoid the NIV -- with all due respect of course.

Well, I just make a point of not quoting from the websites of convicted child abusers, it just somehow detracts from the trustworthiness of them. And yes, there is child abuse in the Catholic church. Statistically, it's just as bad (and some say even worse) everywhere else. Exhibit A:

I fail to see how businessmen are in cahoots with Satan and Catholics, can you explain that one?

That is an ad hominem as versions of the Bible have nothing to do with pedophilia, and I think you know that. If he had a website about babysitting then you would have a point.

I sure hope you are not trying to justify bad behavior by pointing to it! I would think in a religious institution that child abuse would be lower than average, no? That is if it was actually a legitimate religious institution.

It's all about the money, follow the money my friend, follow the money. This world runs on it, and the sooner you can understand that the sooner you will be better off and be able to understand many other things that may not be so apparent on the surface.

Well as a former Protestant, I used it quite a lot in my journey to the Catholic Church in comparing Protestant versions of the Bible to Catholic versions. I actually used to use it when I lead a Bible study in college back in the early 2000s.

Though I don't use it for Scriptural devotion for the same reason why you avoid the NIV -- with all due respect of course.

Which denomination were you friend?

That is an ad hominem as versions of the Bible have nothing to do with pedophilia, and I think you know that. If he had a website about babysitting then you would have a point.

I sure hope you are not trying to justify bad behavior by pointing to it! I would think in a religious institution that child abuse would be lower than average, no? That is if it was actually a legitimate religious institution.

It's all about the money, follow the money my friend, follow the money. This world runs on it, and the sooner you can understand that the sooner you will be better off and be able to understand many other things that may not be so apparent on the surface.
Ad hominem or not, David J. Stewart is crazy. All you need to do is look at his website for two minutes and notice that the man has a problem. You almost get a headache looking at all the different headlines screaming at you and hateful conspiracies based on his own mental issues. That he is a convicted child abuser doesn't help his case.

All institutions that employ adults and children will have some kind of child abuse statistics. That's human nature, nothing at all to do with religion and even less to do with the Catholic church. That's what you get when you put the occasional very sick person in the supervision of children.

And if businesses are so evil, watch what happens without them. You'll wish them back in a hurry.

You can;t jsut
Ad hominem or not, David J. Stewart is crazy. All you need to do is look at his website for two minutes and notice that the man has a problem. You almost get a headache looking at all the different headlines screaming at you and hateful conspiracies based on his own mental issues. That he is a convicted child abuser doesn't help his case.

All institutions that employ adults and children will have some kind of child abuse statistics. That's human nature, nothing at all to do with religion and even less to do with the Catholic church. That's what you get when you put the occasional very sick person in the supervision of children.

And if businesses are so evil, watch what happens without them. You'll wish them back in a hurry.

You can't just write off an ad hominen friend! It was a personal attack that you made so that you didn't have to respond to a legitimate argument.

It sounds like you are making excuses. Religious leaders should be setting the bar higher not being satisfied with having the same average level of pedophilia as everyone else! That is disgusting, and a disgusting point to be making. I am putting this issue and you on my prayer list tonight!!

Not sure if your last point was a joke or a response to the wrong post. I never said business were evil... God bless

You can't just write off an ad hominen friend! It was a personal attack that you made so that you didn't have to respond to a legitimate argument
I DID respond. David J. Stewart is crazy. Why do you continue to defend him?

It sounds like you are making excuses. Religious leaders should be setting the bar higher not being satisfied with having the same average level of pedophilia as everyone else! That is disgusting, and a disgusting point to be making. I am putting this issue and you on my prayer list tonight!!
Why don't you pray for convicted child abuser David J. Stewart instead?

I DID respond. David J. Stewart is crazy. Why do you continue to defend him?

Why don't you pray for convicted child abuser David J. Stewart instead?

I think you mean to say why do I continue to defend a very valid point that he made. Why do you continue to defend meritocracy and pedophilia within the catholic church?

I will tell you what, I will pray for all of the catholic pedophiles, the pedophile david j stewart and the excuser of catholic pedophiles, you. Better friend?

I think you mean to say why do I continue to defend a very valid point that he made. Why do you continue to defend meritocracy and pedophilia within the catholic church?
I did nothing of the kind, and in fact I acknowledged the problem. But I also indicated it was a problem in other churches too and you failed to acknowledge THAT. Why?

I will tell you what, I will pray for all of the catholic pedophiles, the pedophile david j stewart and the excuser of catholic pedophiles, you. Better friend?
Please show me where I defended pedophilia anywhere, sir.

I did nothing of the kind, and in fact I acknowledged the problem. But I also indicated it was a problem in other churches too and you failed to acknowledge THAT. Why?

Please show me where I defended pedophilia anywhere, sir.

Which court cases are you referring too?

Check almost all of your posts on this thread to see how you defend pedophiles within the catholic church.

Which court cases are you referring too?
I'm not. I'm referring to the fact that I pointed out NON-Catholic child abuse and you didn't say a word, like this site:

Check almost all of your posts on this thread to see how you defend pedophiles within the catholic church.

OK, I just went and re-read all my posts. I didn't defend them anywhere, so why are you saying I did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back