Kirk Cameron's Unstoppable

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with being anti-gay? I'm just curious. We shouldn't support gay, love them yes, but support them no. I like science, when it's not trying to disprove God's existence.
I don't know about Catholic's beliefs much, I have to study it.
Still, you don't have to attack them. I don't think that's what Jesus called on anyone to do, beat people up with scripture.

Since he has a different belief than you, shouldn't you just "agree to disagree" with him instead of calling him a disgrace? ;)
He's not a disgrace because of one single belief, but the entire package. But it seems strange to have to defend my position since it's shared by practically everyone in the solar system. The name "Kirk Cameron" is pretty much synonymous with "off his rocker Christian".

Still, you don't have to attack them. I don't think that's what Jesus called on anyone to do, beat people up with scripture.

We shouldn't beat people with scripture. You're right. But we are to correct with love. But where did Kirk Cameron beat people with scripture? Man, I missed a lot of his shows.

Thought this thread was about a movie? I guess i am anti gay because i refuse to support it. Christians should speak out more about things society says is ok that goes against the Bible. I guess Christians can beat around the bush when asked certain questions that aren't politically correct like some tv ministers

Thought this thread was about a movie? I guess i am anti gay because i refuse to support it. Christians should speak out more about things society says is ok that goes against the Bible. I guess Christians can beat around the bush when asked certain questions that aren't politically correct like some tv ministers
Look, is it REALLY necessary to use the Bible to beat up on gay people? All it does is create more division and unhappiness, and we are told not to judge.

I've always found a strategy that really works well is this: Don't like homosexuality? Then don't be gay. Problem solved.

Well you do understand that under this standard all most every group has harmed others...and none would qualify for tolerance. As far as trying to restrict the speech of others, this is a slippery slope at best...and is contrary to the ideals that we uphold here in America. The Nazis have been proven to be killers...I don't think a charge like that can be made against WBC even as vile as they are...they have free-speech.

Protesting at dead soldier's funerals is not free speech. If people have the right to be obnoxious, then people should have the right to punch them in the throat.

Same for the Nazis. And some wacko was trying to put up a statue of Satan. I'm all for free speech and what not, but if your going to be an idiot about things just take a hike. I think its a very weak-kneed liberal response to say that those things are permissible.

Look, is it REALLY necessary to use the Bible to beat up on gay people? All it does is create more division and unhappiness, and we are told not to judge.

I've always found a strategy that really works well is this: Don't like homosexuality? Then don't be gay. Problem solved.

No we shouldn't beat them up with scriptures. But we need to preach the truth. We got to call them out. I think gay topic is an issue because they're pushing for laws to be passed and for us to accept them. We have to tell them the truth in love.

I must admit that I am always surprised at believers who think they are not supposed to judge, when there are so many Scriptures that say we are to judge....
I'm no longer surprised. Many people have ripped this passage out of context, however. Jesus warns us not to assume God's prerogative to condemn the guilty; he is not warning us not to discern truth from error. Further, Jesus does not oppose offering correction, but only offering correction in the wrong spirit. Not everyone is off the bottle and eating meat.

No we shouldn't beat them up with scriptures. But we need to preach the truth. We got to call them out. I think gay topic is an issue because they're pushing for laws to be passed and for us to accept them. We have to tell them the truth in love.
But those laws don't affect you at all.
They don't want special rights, just equal rights.
And if you are going to condemn homosexuality, then are you going to condemn eating shellfish, mixing textiles, and divorcing? All those things are no-nos. Why enforce one but not the others?

But those laws don't affect you at all.
They don't want special rights, just equal rights.
And if you are going to condemn homosexuality, then are you going to condemn eating shellfish, mixing textiles, and divorcing? All those things are no-nos. Why enforce one but not the others?

We mustn't condone sin. But I didn't know eating shellfish and mixing textiles were wrong? Where's that in the scriptures?

I know the bible says there are certain things we shouldn't eat in the old testament. But we're free from the law, so we can eat shellfish.

I can't remember that scripture where it says if someone believes we shouldn't eat some meat that others that eat said meet shouldn't argue...? anyone knows that one?

I'm no longer surprised. Many people have ripped this passage out of context, however. Jesus warns us not to assume God's prerogative to condemn the guilty; he is not warning us not to discern truth from error. Further, Jesus does not oppose offering correction, but only offering correction in the wrong spirit. Not everyone is off the bottle and eating meat.
Unfurtnely this idea, that becouse God is love He have to tolerate everything we do....to the extent that we dont need to renew our minds and correct our behaviors according to the Scripture...we dont want to judge becouse we dont want to be corrected....we want to keep sinnig as if God is all permissible becouse He is love...Lots of people using to much the NIV...LOL[emoji4]

Protesting at dead soldier's funerals is not free speech. If people have the right to be obnoxious, then people should have the right to punch them in the throat.

Same for the Nazis. And some wacko was trying to put up a statue of Satan. I'm all for free speech and what not, but if your going to be an idiot about things just take a hike. I think its a very weak-kneed liberal response to say that those things are permissible.
I can tell you are a real Christian and have this all figured out....lol

When these people end up in hell, and we have not told them the truth...it will be partly our fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back