Kids and God

When have I ever put down someone, excluding the so-called servants of God?
I am not going to point fingers here Juk but if I had to say a number it would be alot.
This is not meant to put you down. You asked and honest question and I gave you an honest answer with no filler or sugar coating. ;)

You talk ill of your church and your dads church and your parents and brother and kids at school and the unsaved and those on the atheist site and this pastor and that pastor and on and on. Again Juk I mean no disrespect for you are my brother and friend. No One can build a relationship with the Father or get closer to Him with an attitude like this.

Go ahead and ask me what makes me so sure of this ? Because that was ME many moons ago and I learned it the long and hard drawn out way called stubborness. Hint- it is up to us how long something like this last and NOT God.
Blessings
Jim

I am not going to point fingers here Juk but if I had to say a number it would be alot.
This is not meant to put you down. You asked and honest question and I gave you an honest answer with no filler or sugar coating. ;)

You talk ill of your church and your dads church and your parents and brother and kids at school and the unsaved and those on the atheist site and this pastor and that pastor and on and on. Again Juk I mean no disrespect for you are my brother and friend. No One can build a relationship with the Father or get closer to Him with an attitude like this.

Go ahead and ask me what makes me so sure of this ? Because that was ME many moons ago and I learned it the long and hard drawn out way called stubborness. Hint- it is up to us how long something like this last and NOT God.
Blessings
Jim
I say what I see. And I can't talk ill of my dad's church, because I dont understand the language.

I say what I see. And I can't talk ill of my dad's church, because I dont understand the language.
Thats just it Juk. The big key here is what Juks see's or how Juk see's things. That is what gets us into trouble. That is total oposite of faith and love.

The point is - How does God command us to see and speak and act. That ALWAYS over rules what we see or think or say. Not being mean at all here Juk. We tend to fall into habits and fail to see the true outcome and sometimes it takes an out sider to show you so you can turn it around.

Here is an easy rule - if we can not say something good or positive about it - keep our big mouths shut - or dont say anything. ;)
God Bless
Jim

Are deep, intimate relationships with God not meant for young adults and children? Does God wait for adulthood?
I don't know Juk.. Sometimes I feel kids are more closer to God than adults! Often I feel my 3 year old daughter is closer to God than me :) She is more prompt in praying and listening to her Bible stories than me praying and reading/watching sermons.. And probably she was even closer to God when she was younger since she did not know the wordly pleasures of TV, games and so on.. I sometimes feel kids are closest to God and they drift away as they grow old.. Then comes a point when they have an encounter with God and make a choice to whether reconcile the relationship with God or keep on drifting away. When they make the positive choice, then they work through reminder of their lifetime to get drawn closer to God just like how they were at the time of birth. And they attain it completely at the time of death :) When they are united with God forever. May be that's why Jesus said kingdom of God belongs to people like the little ones..

Reactions: Juk
I say that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the propitation for our sins, the risen Lord. The firstborn of all creation, and the Creator and sustainer of this world. And more that I don't remember right now.

Then why would you say............
"Because I don't have an intimate relationship with God."

You have considered who He is in your heart and have admitted that with your mouth.

Have you asked this Jesus Christ which you just admitted to into your heart to forgive you of your sin and allow HIm to live through you????

Then why would you say............
"Because I don't have an intimate relationship with God."

You have considered who He is in your heart and have admitted that with your mouth.

Have you asked this Jesus Christ which you just admitted to into your heart to forgive you of your sin and allow HIm to live through you????
Multiple times.

Multiple times.

Juk, It reads to me as if you are having a rough ride.

Don't ask me to give you the answers (I've some maybe 30 years of bouncing backwards and forwards and going astray to my (dis?) credit)

It seems a useless statement but hang in there mate.

All I can do is to pray for you.

Reactions: Juk
Juk, It reads to me as if you are having a rough ride.

Don't ask me to give you the answers (I've some maybe 30 years of bouncing backwards and forwards and going astray to my (dis?) credit)

It seems a useless statement but hang in there mate.

All I can do is to pray for you.
Thank you.

Back