Keys to the kingdom

Cool Beans Brother,
That is put very well and I will have to add to it though! :whistle:
Faith is NOT something we are to pull out and dust it off when we find we need it. NO, NO No way man it is A LIFE STYLE. You know perhaps that is why we find "THE JUST WEILL LIVE BY FAITH" !! You CAN NOT Please God with out or out side of FAITH.. I wonder what many think this means ?
Well, we know those who live "by faith" have a different language they speak. We do not speak of what we see with our physical eyes, but what we see in the realm of the spirit with our spiritual eyes. God's eternal power only works for us when we are not looking at the things seen, but at the things unseen by faith. We see the mountain removed and cast in the sea. We speak faith, see by faith, hear by faith, and we lay hold upon eternal life which is Jesus Christ.

I had the Lord tell this to me a few years ago when I was meditating on the subject of faith. He said, "Faith does not grow in quality, but in quantity"
Jesus's disciples ask him to increase their faith. They thought their faith needed to be made stronger, but Jesus said "if you had faith as a grain of mustard seed you might...." What he was telling them is it makes no difference the size of your faith, it is weather you faith or not. If you have faith in any subject, it is already at its strongest. I had a lady tell me her faith is stronger now than it was when she first got saved. I asked her, now that your faith is stronger, are you now more saved than you were before? She said no.

Ahhh may I chime in on this ? :notworthy:
Actually we do need to build up our faith. We are all given a measure of faith and it is up to us to build on it. This is why some folks Faith can get them through unto the victory and others fall short and never see the victory. Renewing your mind within the written word of God builds up our faith. Once your faith is built up it wont sway or be moved from what you are standing on.

One more thing.....just like physical muscles.......you dont use it you lose it or if you are not constantly building them, well they begin to get sloppy and weak. Faith is just the same way.

Well, we know those who live "by faith" have a different language they speak. We do not speak of what we see with our physical eyes, but what we see in the realm of the spirit with our spiritual eyes. God's eternal power only works for us when we are not looking at the things seen, but at the things unseen by faith. We see the mountain removed and cast in the sea. We speak faith, see by faith, hear by faith, and we lay hold upon eternal life which is Jesus Christ.

Wow Brother..........Wish I had said that !!
That is exactly it brother....that is it !! Amen !!

Ahhh may I chime in on this ? :notworthy:
Actually we do need to build up our faith. We are all given a measure of faith and it is up to us to build on it. This is why some folks Faith can get them through unto the victory and others fall short and never see the victory. Renewing your mind within the written word of God builds up our faith. Once your faith is built up it wont sway or be moved from what you are standing on.

One more thing.....just like physical muscles.......you dont use it you lose it or if you are not constantly building them, well they begin to get sloppy and weak. Faith is just the same way.
I see we have finally found something we both don't exactly see eye to eye, and that is OK. To me the "measure" of faith has nothing to do with a specific amount that needs growth. A "measure" has to do with the ability to "measure" something. The same word is used in Revelations when John was talking to an Angel, and the Angel had a golden rod to "measure" the Heavenly city. It is very easy to miss the grandeur of the Heavenly city if someone just said, "Wow this city is really big" Not until it was measured, do we get the grandeur and how big this city really is. 1500 miles high, 1500 mile wide, and 1500 miles deep. We don't even have space satellites that fly that high! Faith is a measuring tool used to give us understanding of spiritual things. By "faith" we "understand" that the worlds were framed by the Word of God. Not only does the measure of faith give us understanding of the worlds created, but it also gives us the ability to understand the vastness of God himself!

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

The measure of faith is the only tool that can be used to measure the "breadth", "length", depth", and height" of the Love of Christ, so we can have a understanding of the greatness of God.

Last edited:
We also see God himself using this measure of faith in creation.

Isa 40:11 He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.
Isa 40:12 Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand and marked off the heavens with a span, enclosed the dust of the earth in a measure and weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance? (ESV)

The purpose for measuring things is for "comprehension" purposes.

Isa 40:12 Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance? (KJV)

Of course these are just my beliefs. I do not force anyone to see these things my way, but I do believe I have the Spirit of God.

I see we have finally found something we both don't exactly see eye to eye, and that is OK. To me the "measure" of faith has nothing to do with a specific amount that needs growth. A "measure" has to do with the ability to "measure" something. The same word is used in Revelations when John was talking to an Angel, and the Angel had a golden rod to "measure" the Heavenly city. It is very easy to miss the grandeur of the Heavenly city if someone just said, "Wow this city is really big" Not until it was measured, do we get the grandeur and how big this city really is. 1500 miles high, 1500 mile wide, and 1500 miles deep. We don't even have space satellites that fly that high! Faith is a measuring tool used to give us understanding of spiritual things. By "faith" we "understand" that the worlds were framed by the Word of God. Not only does the measure of faith give us understanding of the worlds created, but it also gives us the ability to understand the vastness of God himself!

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

The measure of faith is the only tool that can be used to measure the "breadth", "length", depth", and height" of the Love of Christ, so we can have a understanding of the greatness of God.

Ah Brother it is not that we are not seeing eye to eye on this. We are just seeing things with a different perspective and in the end it really does not matter what I or you or the man in the moon thinks for it only matters what the word says....

I was coming from the perspective found in Jude 1:20
KJV.....But ye, beloved, Building up your selves on your most Holy Faith, Praying in the Holy Ghost,
To me this tells me that praying in the spirit does build up my Faith just as renewing my mind in His written word. This is where I was thinking from Borther.
Well at least this is how I have come to understand this and yet I am a work in progress and learning new things or truth or revelation of His written word and I do not know it all. In fact brother I have more to learn then ther time that is left.

Keep on fellowshipping ....I look forward to finding you and a few others on line every day.
Jim

Ah Brother it is not that we are not seeing eye to eye on this. We are just seeing things with a different perspective and in the end it really does not matter what I or you or the man in the moon thinks for it only matters what the word says....

I was coming from the perspective found in Jude 1:20
KJV.....But ye, beloved, Building up your selves on your most Holy Faith, Praying in the Holy Ghost,
To me this tells me that praying in the spirit does build up my Faith just as renewing my mind in His written word. This is where I was thinking from Borther.
Well at least this is how I have come to understand this and yet I am a work in progress and learning new things or truth or revelation of His written word and I do not know it all. In fact brother I have more to learn then ther time that is left.

Keep on fellowshipping ....I look forward to finding you and a few others on line every day.
Jim
Brother Fish, did you notice what this scripture says is building up? It is building "you" up, not your faith. It is your faith that is being used to build you up, by praying in the Holy Ghost.

Brother Fish, did you notice what this scripture says is building up? It is building "you" up, not your faith. It is your faith that is being used to build you up, by praying in the Holy Ghost.

Sorry for taking so long. I got side tract here.
Yes sir I did. Now what is it then we would be building of our selves ? As you pointed out it is our Faith that is building us up....Ok then what is it that our faith is building up in us ?
What is being built up in us ? I saw it as faith.....what am I missing here Borther.puzzled.gif

Sorry for taking so long. I got side tract here.
Yes sir I did. Now what is it then we would be building of our selves ? As you pointed out it is our Faith that is building us up....Ok then what is it that our faith is building up in us ?
What is being built up in us ? I saw it as faith.....what am I missing here Borther.View attachment 1562
Brother, it is because of your "faith" you are building up your self. In what way are we being built up?

This is what our faith does for us.

It encourages and comforts us.
It allows us to speak directly to God when we do not know what to pray for.
It allows us to speak the mysteries of God. Praying for interpretation is highly recommended.
It gives us rest, and allows us to stay in the love of God.
It gives us material for which to build upon our foundation with gold, silver, and precious stones that are fire proof.

1Co 14:3 On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation.
1Co 14:4 The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church.

1Co 14:2 For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit.

Isa 28:11 For by people of strange lips and with a foreign tongue the LORD will speak to this people,
Isa 28:12 to whom he has said, "This is rest; give rest to the weary; and this is repose"; yet they would not hear.

Rom_8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

1Co 3:11 For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw—
1Co 3:13 each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.

Last edited:
Brother, it is because of your "faith" you are building up your self. In what way are we being built up?

This is what our faith does for us.

It encourages and comforts us.
It allows us to speak directly to God when we do not know what to pray for.
It allows us to speak the mysteries of God. Praying for interpretation is highly recommended.
It gives us rest, and allows us to stay in the love of God.
It gives us material for which to build upon our foundation with gold, silver, and precious stones that are fire proof.

1Co 14:3 On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation.
1Co 14:4 The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church.

1Co 14:2 For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit.

Isa 28:11 For by people of strange lips and with a foreign tongue the LORD will speak to this people,
Isa 28:12 to whom he has said, "This is rest; give rest to the weary; and this is repose"; yet they would not hear.

Rom_8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

1Co 3:11 For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw—
1Co 3:13 each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.

Still not seeing what you are saying here brother. I know you know what you are talking about and i am not disputing that at alol.
How ever Jude 1:20KJV.....But ye, beloved, Building up your selves on your most Holy Faith, Praying in the Holy Ghost,

I do see where you are coming from. You said we are building us up and used encourasgement and such. This is what I am not understanding. Can you try explaining it another way for me ? I seem to be stuck here. lol
Thaanks Brother CCW95A
Jim

Still not seeing what you are saying here brother. I know you know what you are talking about and i am not disputing that at alol.
How ever Jude 1:20KJV.....But ye, beloved, Building up your selves on your most Holy Faith, Praying in the Holy Ghost,

I do see where you are coming from. You said we are building us up and used encourasgement and such. This is what I am not understanding. Can you try explaining it another way for me ? I seem to be stuck here. lol
Thaanks Brother CCW95A
Jim
Maybe using the "Literal translation" of the Bible might make it more clear.

Jud 1:20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up by your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, (LITV)

Thaanks Brother CCW95A
Jim
I my self do not believe faith grows from a weak state to a stronger state. There is no small, medium, jumbo, sized faith. Faith does not grow "vertically" but "horizontally". The more we know and understand of the promises of God, the more our faith "expands" to those areas. My saving faith can not be used to believe for healing. I have to find those promises that say Jesus bore my sickness, and extract faith from them before I can receive healing for my body. Praying in the Spirit requires faith, as does all speaking in tongues. The inner man is strengthened by our faith as we do such things.

Back