Just read

DISCIPLES

(Stephen Tyng, "Practical Meditations")

"You shall be my disciples." John 15:8
This is another blessed title which connects me with my Savior. The reciprocal title to disciple, is teacher. As a disciple, the Lord Jesus is my Teacher. There is none who teaches like him. The great agent of his teaching is the Holy Spirit. He has recorded his teachings in the word of God. He takes those blessed instructions, and writes them upon the hearts of his people. Thus all his people are taught of him. The most important knowledge for me is that which he imparts. There is no school of equal consequence or worth. I would open my mind and heart to receive his truth. I would hide his truth in my heart, that the word of Christ may dwell in me richly with all wisdom. How happy is it for me, that my Savior is willing to teach me! What forbearance and patience he has with one so stupid and dull! Yet he calls me his disciple. Am I indeed a disciple of Christ?
1. A disciple should have entire CONFIDENCE in the knowledge and wisdom of his Teacher. We can learn in no other way. I must thus entirely confide in my Savior's wisdom. His instructions are certain truth upon all subjects on which he speaks. No subjects can be of equal consequence to me. He comes to reveal his Father's will, to open to me the way of safety, and to show me the path of duty and peace. He comes to teach me the entrance to eternal life. How infinite is his knowledge! All that is, or shall be, is perfectly known to him. He will teach me just what I need, and just as I am able receive it. My mind and heart must be ready for his work, yes, they shall be. I will come to him with entire confidence, and without a doubt. I will receive his word as truth forever settled in heaven. I will seek to him for that instruction in it, which he is so willing to give, and which he only can impart. This is the place for a disciple. Lord, speak, for your servant hears!
2. A disciple should highly VALUE the instruction he receives.When wisdom enters into the mind, it ought to be precious to the soul. Thus only can we learn. Why is there a price in my hand to get wisdom, if I have no heart to it? I can never learn, if I am indifferent to what I am taught. But how inestimable are the instructions which Jesus gives! How important is their subject! How plain and simple his method of teaching! How adapted are these instructions to my needs! Nothing can be so important to me. They cover all the interests of the present and the future. All that I shall ever be, or need, he teaches me. All that I can desire, he will explain to me. All that I can wish to know forever, he will teach me. What can be of equal importance to me? Better that I should be ignorant of everything besides, than of the gospel which the Savior teaches. If I have all knowledge, and understand all mysteries, and have no knowledge of Christ, it profits me nothing. I would say with Paul, I am determined not to know anything else in comparison with my crucified Lord.
3. A disciple should always have a ready and listening ear. He must be ready to hear what his teacher is willing to impart. Ah, how attentive should I be to the voice of my Gracious Teacher! He has much to say that I have never yet heard--much that I shall rejoice to hear--much that will be of inestimable worth to me. Let me eagerly catch the sound of his voice, and love the truth which he teaches. Let me delight to hear him in his word, and to listen to his voice as he speaks within my own heart. A teachable spirit much becomes me. I am of yesterday, and know nothing. I would sit down at his feet, and entreat him to tell me still more of the wonders of his own love, and of the glories of his kingdom. I will thankfully receive that which it shall please him to teach me. I can have no previous opinion of what he ought to teach me. Let him speak what seems best to him. I will open my ears to greet his blessed communications. Oh may my heart burn within me, while I listen to the wonders of his love and goodness to me!
4. A disciple should remember and improve the instruction which he receives. I should lay up the word in my heart. I should meditate upon the truth I learn, and strive to understand the great and wonderful things I hear. As the word of Christ dwells within me, it becomes a light in my darkness, a comfort in my hour of sorrow, a guide to my steps in the path of duty. The journey I have to finish will require it all. Nothing will so well prepare me for this journey as a mind established in a knowledge of the Savior's truth. I may have many scenes in life, when memory will be my chief treasure, and my chief source of comfort. I may come to the place where present means of learning are all shut out from me. Then how blessed will be the word laid up in my heart! With what joy shall I draw out of the wells of salvation which the Lord has before showed to me! Let me be a faithful disciple, and follow the Lord's gracious guidance and teaching while my opportunities are so precious and my privileges are so great!
5. I would bear with meall these marks of a faithful disciple. Confidence in my Teacher's wisdom. Love for the instructions he bestows. A listening and ready ear to gather the truth from his mouth. A teachable and humble spirit to follow it. And a faithful memory and conscience to retain his word. Thus only can I be faithful to the Lord's glory. The word must be mixed with faith in my heart, before it can bless me, or enable me to honor the name of my Divine Savior. Oh, let me thus be ever taught, and ever ready to hear and receive his heavenly teachings.
Shine on me, Lord, new life impart,
Fresh ardors kindle in my heart;
One ray of your all-giving light
Dispels the sloth and clouds of night.

"[SIZE=+1]I have many people in this city.[/SIZE]"
Acts 18:10

[SIZE=-1](by Spurgeon)[/SIZE]
This should be a great encouragement to try to
do good, since God has among the vilest of the
vile, the most reprobate, the most debauched
and drunken, an elect people who must be saved.
When you take the Word to them, you do so
because God has ordained you to be the
messenger of life to their souls, and they must
receive it, for so the decree of predestination
runs. They are as much redeemed by blood
as the saints before the eternal throne.
They are Christ's property, and yet perhaps they
are lovers of the ale house, and haters of holiness.
But if Jesus Christ purchased them he will have
them. God is not unfaithful to forget the price
which his Son has paid. He will not allow his
substitution to be in any case an ineffectual,
dead thing.
Tens of thousands of redeemed ones are not
regenerated yet, but regenerated they must be;
and this is our comfort when we go forth to
them with the quickening Word of God.
No, more, these ungodly ones are prayed for
by Christ before the throne. "Neither pray I
for these alone," says the great Intercessor,
"but for those also who shall believe on me
through their word." Poor, ignorant souls, they
know nothing about prayer for themselves,
but Jesus prays for them.
Their names are on his breastplate, and
before long they must bow their stubborn
knee, breathing the penitential sigh before
the throne of grace.
The predestinated moment has not struck;
but when it comes, they shall obey, for
God will have his own; they must, for the
Spirit is not to be withstood when he comes
forth with fulness of power; they must
become the willing servants of the living God. "He shall justify many. "
"He shall see of the travail of his soul."
"My people shall be willing in the day of my power."

http://www.gracegems.org/2001-1/I%20have%20many%20people.htm

Our Pilot!

[SIZE=-1]The following is from Spurgeon's sermon,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"Multitudinous Thoughts and Sacred Comforts" #883.[/SIZE]
Remember that your way is ordered by a
higher power than your will and choice.
The eternal destiny of God has fixed your
every footstep. Believe that wisdom, not
blind fate, but God's wisdom, has ordained
the bounds of your life, and fixed your
position and your condition so definitely
that no fretfulness of yours can change
it for the better.
In the decree of God, all your history is fixed,
so as to secure his glory and your soul's profit.
Your present sorrow is the bitter bud of
greater joy. Your transient loss secures
your ultimate and never ceasing gain.
How I rejoice to believe that the Lord
shall choose my inheritance for me!
All things are fixed by my Father's hand,
by no arbitrary and stern decree, but by
his wise counsel and tender wisdom. He
who loved us from before the foundations
of the world, has immutably determined
all the steps of our pilgrimage!
Why then, should you worry yourself?
There is a hand upon the helm which shall
steer your vessel safely enough between
the rocks, and by the quicksands, and away
from the shoals and the headlands, through
the mist, and through the darkness, safely
to the desired haven.
[SIZE=+1]Our Pilot never sleeps, and his[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] hand never relaxes its grasp.[/SIZE]
It is a blessed thing, after you have been
muddling and meddling as you ought not to do
with the affairs of providence, to leave them
alone and cast your burden upon the Lord. I charge you, therefore, children of God, in
times of dilemma, to roll your burdens upon
God, and he will sustain you, and make you to
rejoice in beholding his wisdom and his love.

http://www.gracegems.org/2001-1/Our%20Pilot.htm

Isaiah 24

Destruction of the Earth

1 Look! The Lord is about to destroy the earth
and make it a vast wasteland.
He devastates the surface of the earth
and scatters the people.
2 Priests and laypeople,
servants and masters,
maids and mistresses,
buyers and sellers,
lenders and borrowers,
bankers and debtors—none will be spared.
3 The earth will be completely emptied and looted.
The Lord has spoken!

4 The earth mourns and dries up,
and the crops waste away and wither.
Even the greatest people on earth waste away.
5 The earth suffers for the sins of its people,
for they have twisted God’s instructions,
violated his laws,
and broken his everlasting covenant.
6 Therefore, a curse consumes the earth.
Its people must pay the price for their sin.
They are destroyed by fire,
and only a few are left alive.
7 The grapevines waste away,
and there is no new wine.
All the merrymakers sigh and mourn.
8 The cheerful sound of tambourines is stilled;
the happy cries of celebration are heard no more.
The melodious chords of the harp are silent.
9 Gone are the joys of wine and song;
alcoholic drink turns bitter in the mouth.
10 The city writhes in chaos;
every home is locked to keep out intruders.
11 Mobs gather in the streets, crying out for wine.
Joy has turned to gloom.
Gladness has been banished from the land.
12 The city is left in ruins,
its gates battered down.
13 Throughout the earth the story is the same—
only a remnant is left,
like the stray olives left on the tree
or the few grapes left on the vine after harvest.
14 But all who are left shout and sing for joy.
Those in the west praise the Lord’s majesty.
15 In eastern lands, give glory to the Lord.
In the lands beyond the sea, praise the name of the Lord, the God of Israel.
16 We hear songs of praise from the ends of the earth,
songs that give glory to the Righteous One!
But my heart is heavy with grief.
Weep for me, for I wither away.
Deceit still prevails,
and treachery is everywhere.
17 Terror and traps and snares will be your lot,
you people of the earth.
18 Those who flee in terror will fall into a trap,
and those who escape the trap will be caught in a snare.
Destruction falls like rain from the heavens;
the foundations of the earth shake.
19 The earth has broken up.
It has utterly collapsed;
it is violently shaken.
20 The earth staggers like a drunk.
It trembles like a tent in a storm.
It falls and will not rise again,
for the guilt of its rebellion is very heavy.
21 In that day the Lord will punish the gods in the heavens
and the proud rulers of the nations on earth.
22 They will be rounded up and put in prison.
They will be shut up in prison
and will finally be punished.
23 Then the glory of the moon will wane,
and the brightness of the sun will fade,
for the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will rule on Mount Zion.
He will rule in great glory in Jerusalem,
in the sight of all the leaders of his people.

The devil will try to deceive even the elect. God gives discernment from perilous deceptions. Many have turned away from sound teaching to the doctrine of demons. Mass numbers are packing buildings to have their ears tickled by man-pleasing teachings, instead of drawing near to listen to the Word of God. Instead of reading the Bible, many are instead reading heretical new-age bestsellers, much of it disguised as Christian books. God's Word commands us to turn from sin, bow the knee and heart, and to be brought to a humbled submission and conformity to God's Will and bow to His Lordship and surrender to His Authority, and Jesus Christ is the Son of God, is God, came as God in the flesh, was briefly humbled , made the sacraficial atonement for sin, and has been exalted as Lord over all, at the right hand of God and the only mediator between man and God, the only Name under heaven by which we must be saved. He fills us with believing and gives us a saving faith in His Son out of His mercy, which we do not deserve. He gives us the gift of the Holy Spirit. Then we have been found, born again, and given His Son's righteousness instead of our own. Our own works at best is like a filthy rag-apart from Christ's perfect imputed righteousness, we could not stand as we would be in our formerly condemned state as abomnible sinners. The unconverted are at ease in their daily duties, and blind to the fact that they are dangling over an eternity of Hell, and abide under the wrath of God with the Sword of Justice hanging over their heads, unless they are saved by Christ. May God grant them repentance that leads to life. Blessed are those who take refuge in Him and are the beloved of God, accepted by His Son's death and resurection.

Many fail to explain Repentance, when they say "Believe" or fail to explain "Lord" when they say Savior. Unless man knows what sin means, and that we are sin-bearers, and that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh who came to bear the sin that the One and Only Holy God hates, and took His wrath, punishment and the curse in the place of ungodly sinners, to pay their eternal debt, they can't understand the desperate condition they are in and thus their dire need for Him as Lord and Savior. Jesus commanded everyone to Repent and Believe, if there is one and not the other as well it is a false gospel. If the message makes man the center of the gospel and not God, it is not of God. Man should be humble and worship God, He alone is to be exalted.

We all need to prayerfully stay in the Word, the Sword of Truth, and keep it in our hearts and minds. The enemy often mentions Jesus and quotes scricpture, but twists the truth of God and teaches lies from the pit of Hell.

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
yet sinners, Christ died for us."--Romans 5:8.

"No big words of ready talkers,
No fine boastings will suffice;
Broken hearts and humble walkers,
These are dear in Jesus' eyes."

"See from his head, his hands, his feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?"

"All ye that pass by,
to Jesus draw nigh:
To you is it nothing that Jesus should die?"

"Jesus, thy blood and righteousness
My beauty are, my glorious dress;
'Midst flaming worlds in these arrayed,
With joy shall I lift up my head.
Bold shall I stand in that great day.
For who aught to my charge shall lay?
While, thro' thy blood, absolv'd I am
From sin's tremendous curse and shame."

http://www.biblebb.com/files/spurgeon/lovecomm.txt

Oneplace.com - Grace to You

Monday, January 12, 2009
The Purifying Hope
You may remember a Grace to You broadcast where John MacArthur interviewed a missionary only days after her husband and sons were murdered. Her response to that tragedy is a compelling example of Transforming Hope . . . as you'll see today on Grace to You with John MacArthur.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[SIZE=+0]Today's Verse[/SIZE]
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Psalm 100:3
[/FONT]
Psalm 100:3 Cross References

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[SIZE=+0]Daily Wisdom[/SIZE]
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus...
Hebrews 3:1
[/FONT]
Hebrews 3:1 Cross References

Please google " Sign the FOCA Petition " and please join your hearts in the nine days of prayer starting yesterday for the least of these. May God grant the usa repentance, how blood-soaked our soil. Father help, please stop these evil plans.

Proverbs 24:11-12
Proverbs 24:11-12 (New American Standard Bible)

11 Deliver those who are being taken away to death,
And those who are staggering to slaughter, Oh hold them back.
12 If you say, "See, we did not know this,"
Does He not consider it who weighs the hearts?
And does He not know it who keeps your soul?
And will He not render to man according to his work?

remember Ezekiel 7

Ezekiel 7:23-27 (New Living Translation)

23 “Prepare chains for my people,
for the land is bloodied by terrible crimes.
Jerusalem is filled with violence.
24 I will bring the most ruthless of nations
to occupy their homes.
I will break down their proud fortresses
and defile their sanctuaries.
25 Terror and trembling will overcome my people.
They will look for peace but not find it.
26 Calamity will follow calamity;
rumor will follow rumor.
They will look in vain
for a vision from the prophets.
They will receive no teaching from the priests
and no counsel from the leaders.
27 The king and the prince will stand helpless,
weeping in despair,
and the people’s hands
will tremble with fear.
I will bring on them
the evil they have done to others,
and they will receive the punishment
they so richly deserve.
Then they will know that I am the Lord.”

and let us also remember

Hosea 7

Please google " Sign the FOCA Petition " and please join your hearts in the nine days of prayer starting yesterday for the least of these. May God grant the usa repentance, how blood-soaked our soil. Father help, please stop these evil plans.

We are told we will be hated by all because we follow Him. Blessed are we when we suffer for His Namesake, and we are promised eternal life in Him, if we are in His. Let us run with endurance the race set before us. This life is merely temporary while the gift of elternal life in Jesus is forever. Let us look foreward and pray for the saints, and pray that we would pray more, and that God would use us. Ephesians 6:18 God bless

Matthew 10:22 John 15:21 Cross References
Acts 5:41 Titus 1:1-4 I Corinthians 9:18 I John 2:17
II Timothy 2:9-10 Acts 26:18 Ephesians 1:18 II Corinthians 4:6
Ephesians 1:7 Ephesians 1:11 Ephesians 4:4 Colossians 1:12

Romans 11:29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

1 Corinthians 1:26 For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble;

Ephesians 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,

Ephesians 4:1 Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called,

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;

Philippians 3:14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

2 Thessalonians 1:11 To this end also we pray for you always, that our God will count you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith with power,

2 Timothy 1:9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity,

Hebrews 3:1 Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest of our confession;

Hebrews 7:21 (for they indeed became priests without an oath, but He with an oath through the One who said to Him, "THE LORD HAS SWORN AND WILL NOT CHANGE HIS MIND, 'YOU ARE A PRIEST FOREVER '");

2 Peter 1:10 Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble;

arrow_new.gif

Is God on America's Side? Pt. 2 #4 of 4 - 1/13/2009

arrow_new.gif

Is God on America's Side? Pt. 2 #3 of 4 - 1/12/2009

arrow_new.gif

Is God on America's Side? Pt. 2 #2 of 4 - 1/9/2009

arrow_new.gif

Is God on America's Side? Pt. 2 #1 of 4 - 1/8/2009

ERWIN LUTZER

Beloved, we are in perilous times where many believers are being led aside by the doctrine of demons, whether marketed as christian, new-age, or entertainment, we all need to guard our hearts from soul-damning lies. Please pray that our Lord would intercede for believers around the world as we know the evil one will try to deceive even the elect, if possible. While he can never snatch one out of the Father's hand, he will try to sift many like wheat, and use them to his advantage. I pray Jesus guards our hearts and makes us as schrewd as serpents in the midst of wolves. Heresy has never been so prominent in the world let alone in the church.

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16

"Now, will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them?

I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:7-8

Will not the earth be found to be in apostasy?

Wesley- "[18:8] Yet when the Son of man cometh, will he find faith upon earth - Yet notwithstanding all the instances both of his long suffering and of his justice, whenever he shall remarkably appear, against their enemies in this age or in after ages, how few true believers will be found upon earth!"

Scofield reference notes

[1] faith
The reference is not to personal faith, but to belief in the whole body of revealed truth. (Cf) Rom 1:5 1Cor 16:13 2Cor 13:5 Col 1:23 Col 2:7 Ti 1:13 Jude 1:3.

Are you confessing Christ before men?

"It is easy to talk about God today. God, purpose, fulfillment, service, meaning. None of those terms will evoke much of a negative reaction from the world. It's Jesus Christ who is the stumbling block. It is the exclusivity of the Gospel message, that is what the world hates. So if I profess with the loudest voice and clearest exposition that God made us and has a plan for us, but avoid that single point that God made us holy but that we sinned and are in rebellion to God in our natural state, we are not confessing Christ, however boldly we may claim to profess Christ. I have heard repeated claims that some of evangelicalism's biggest superstars are propagating the "Gospel". It is important to understand that there is little understanding today as to what the Gospel actually is. It is not about "opening your life to God" or "accepting his purposes for your life." It is to acknowledge that we have sinned and that we deserve the wrath and curse of God, to turn from our sin and to look to Christ alone and believe that He took that wrath of God on Himself to satisfy the just demands of God the Father on our behalf. There is no Gospel outside of an articulation of God's holy hatred for sin. There is no good news without the bad news first. The true amazing meaning of God's sovereign grace will never be understood until our true state before him outside of His grace is grasped." ---Ingrid Schlueter

...so sick of false and watered-down gospels, and orginzations that try to unite the bride of Christ to the world. They cry 'peace, peace,' when there is no peace, and do not turn the wicked from their ways, nor declare to them their sins-that's what they would do if they really cared for them, not hold their hands in some ecumenical marriage with the world. What does dark and light have in common? God purify the church!

If the salt loses its saltiness it is good for nothing, but to be thrown out!

EZEKIEL 7

Punishment for Wickedness Foretold

Moreover, the word of the LORD came to me saying, “And you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD to the land of Israel, ‘An end! The end is coming on the four corners of the land. ‘Now the end is upon you, and I will send My anger against you; I will judge you according to your ways and bring all your abominations upon you. ‘For My eye will have no pity on you, nor will I spare you, but I will bring your ways upon you, and your abominations will be among you; then you will know that I am the LORD!’
“Thus says the Lord GOD, ‘A disaster, unique disaster, behold it is coming! ‘An end is coming; the end has come! It has awakened against you; behold, it has come! ‘Your doom has come to you, O inhabitant of the land. The time has come, the day is near—tumult rather than joyful shouting on the mountains. ‘Now I will shortly pour out My wrath on you and spend My anger against you; judge you according to your ways and bring on you all your abominations. ‘My eye will show no pity nor will I spare. I will repay you according to your ways, while your abominations are in your midst; then you will know that I, the LORD, do the smiting.
‘Behold, the day! Behold, it is coming! Your doom has gone forth; the rod has budded, arrogance has blossomed. ‘Violence has grown into a rod of wickedness. None of them shall remain, none of their people, none of their wealth, nor anything eminent among them. ‘The time has come, the day has arrived. Let not the buyer rejoice nor the seller mourn; for wrath is against all their multitude. ‘Indeed, the seller will not regain what he sold as long as they both live; for the vision regarding all their multitude will not be averted, nor will any of them maintain his life by his iniquity.
‘They have blown the trumpet and made everything ready, but no one is going to the battle, for My wrath is against all their multitude. ‘The sword is outside and the plague and the famine are within. He who is in the field will die by the sword; famine and the plague will also consume those in the city. ‘Even when their survivors escape, they will be on the mountains like doves of the valleys, all of them mourning, each over his own iniquity. ‘All hands will hang limp and all knees will become like water. ‘They will gird themselves with sackcloth and shuddering will overwhelm them; and shame will be on all faces and baldness on all their heads. ‘They will fling their silver into the streets and their gold will become an abhorrent thing; their silver and their gold will not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD. They cannot satisfy their appetite nor can they fill their stomachs, for their iniquity has become an occasion of stumbling.
The Temple Profaned ‘They transformed the beauty of His ornaments into pride, and they made the images of their abominations and their detestable things with it; therefore I will make it an abhorrent thing to them. ‘I will give it into the hands of the foreigners as plunder and to the wicked of the earth as spoil, and they will profane it. ‘I will also turn My face from them, and they will profane My secret place; then robbers will enter and profane it.
‘Make the chain, for the land is full of bloody crimes and the city is full of violence. ‘Therefore, I will bring the worst of the nations, and they will possess their houses. I will also make the pride of the strong ones cease, and their holy places will be profaned. ‘When anguish comes, they will seek peace, but there will be none. ‘Disaster will come upon disaster and rumor will be added to rumor; then they will seek a vision from a prophet, but the law will be lost from the priest and counsel from the elders. ‘The king will mourn, the prince will be clothed with horror, and the hands of the people of the land will tremble. According to their conduct I will deal with them, and by their judgments I will judge them. And they will know that I am the LORD.’”

Comm. Ezek. 7

"The end of all things is at hand; and Jerusalem's last end was a type of the end of the world, Mt. 24:3. Oh that we could all see that end of time and days very near, and the end of our own time and days much nearer, that we may secure a happy lot at the end of the days! Dan. 12:13. This end comes upon the four corners of the land. The ruin, as it shall be final, so it shall be total; no part of the land shall escape; no, not that which lies most remote. Such will the destruction of the world be; all these things shall be dissolved. Such will the destruction of sinners be; none can avoid it. Oh that the wickedness of the wicked might come to an end, before it bring them to an end!" Matthew Henry

146:1 Hallelujah. Praise the LORD, O my soul.

146:1 Hallelujah. Praise the LORD, O my soul.

146:2 I will praise the LORD while I live; I will sing praises unto my God while I have my being.

146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his dust; in that very day his thoughts perish.

146:5 Happy is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God,

146:6 Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is; who keepeth truth for ever;

146:7 Who executeth justice for the oppressed; who giveth bread to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners;

146:8 The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind; the LORD raiseth up them that are bowed down; the LORD loveth the righteous;

146:9 The LORD preserveth the strangers; He upholdeth the fatherless and the widow; but the way of the wicked He maketh crooked.

146:10 The LORD will reign for ever, Thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Hallelujah.

Back