1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Just a thought

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Cturtle, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Is there any way for an alert to come to everyone when a new post is made to the staff alerts? It dawned on me that if its something important for everyone to read then i would enjoy an alert so that i know when something is new.

God bless you all!
  2. As far as we can tell, the Staff Announcement area is configured the same as all other Forum locations. There is no way to automatically have the software generate a member alert. However, when a new Announcement is placed in the Forum, the main topic header turns to a bold highlighted darker font. When a highlighted header in any posting area is shown, it means that new posts are present in that area. We are also sending an inquiry to the software developers by way of our webmaster regarding this possibility.

Thank you for the inquiry and if a way of doing this is ever found, we will make an "Announcement".... :D
  3. That's a good idea.
    Cturtle likes this.
  4. For me the new anouncements or responses are not highlighted boldly. So i just have to keep a mental note to see if anything is new. So if the webmaster can do that it would be great for me at least :) and maybe i missed this in the rules, but i thought that the staff announcements were for just the staff for a long time, after about 1 year of being here did i realize that they were for us and that is one of the ways you all communicated with us.

Thanks for the feedback and response

God bless
    JG27_chili likes this.
  5. At the top, I hover over FORMS and then select New Posts at the bottom of the popup. That's how I keep track of what's been read or not.
    Cturtle likes this.
  6. Thanks i will have to remember that :)
    Abdicate likes this.