Just a question

Just a question

This is just a question I've been pondering over for quite some time now and hope there already isnt a topic on this, if so could someone please redirect me to it?
Anyways, I'm somewhat interested in the supernatural. I love ghost stories and I watch scary movies all the time. What is everyone's opinion on ghosts?
But, hey I didnt post this thread without doing a little research. It seems that many times in the Bible, spirits and demons are talked about. But why are they separately named so? There is the Holy Ghost, along with spirits, demons, and mediums mentioned. Matthew claims to see a ghost out on the water when it is only Jesus. I do not at all believe in any witchcraft or psychics or anything but I just would like an explanation please about how some unexplainable things coincide with the bible.
:)

~Sarah~

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but I'll try my best to give my opinion.

I believe ghost exist. I do not think they are people who have pasted away or what they portray in movies. I think they can be demonic or angelic, I think they are part of the spiritual world. The Bible mentions them as a reality, and tells us that we are in a spiritual battle, a war not of flesh and blood. I think spiritual beings use things like ghosts, witchcraft, psychics, aliens etc to distract or deceive people from paying attention to more important things.

that is just my opinion though, I've never personally experienced ghosts, psychics or any of that other weird stuff.

im glad you asked this question. for the past five years i've been active in paranormal investigation, i have captured evp's, ive came in contact with demonic spirits. i dont know how they concide with the bible but i do believe in what GsusFrk said, i know they exist, we on earth live in just one plane, there is awhole nother world living right next to us, the spiritual world.

i also believe in aliens, aliens are not that far fetched, we live on one planet along with 9 others (i think 9), in one galaxy beside millions of other galaxy's, we're definatly not alone.

For those who wish to do a bit more research, please check into the Biblical term "Familiar Spirits". That is what they are called in numerous locations in Scripture. Use a Strong's Concordance and you will find that "Familiar Spirits" is from Hebrew word meaning #0178. It is used in the following locations:

Leviticus 19:31
Leviticus 20:6
Deuteronomy 18:11
1 Samuel 28:3
1 Samuel 28:9
2 Kings 21:6
2 Kings 23:24
Isaiah 8:19
Isaiah 19:3

just to name a few. There is a fairly comprehensive study on the topic located here:

http://www.gotquestions.org/familiar-spirits.html

`

Please wisely consider Violet's recommendation. If you wish to take a look as to WHY she made that recommendation, you can visit these verses in Scripture:

Ephesians 6:11-12

Isaiah 47:10-14

Revelation 21:8

Deuteronomy 18:10-12

2 Kings 21:6

Micah 5:12

Acts 8:11-24

Leviticus 20:27

Exodus 7:11-12

You will note that these are a mix of Old and New Testament teachings and nothing has changed in 4000+ years regarding God's orders to us concerning this topic.

there are angels and there are demons but the scripture specifically says there is a void fixed between the living and the dead.

There is only ONE true, living spirit, And that is the Holy Spirit.

Daniel, I hope you haven't got into using Wigi boards and the such like ..

An interesting and timely topic!

My 12 year old daughter has a friend of a friend. I knew that this distant friend was depressed and on medication. She has also told me that this girl hears voices. Recently, she told me that this girl also says she sees ghosts and spirits. Once in a while one of these ghosts or spirits or personalities or whatever it is (I think "its" name was Emily) will begin speaking through this girl. My daughter said it was really interesting to talk to the "person". That totally scared me because I am familiar with some of the verses Pastor Gary gave. I began explaining this to my daughter and told her that I wasn't sure if this "Emily" was one of the things that the bible warns us about. I'm assuming this girl has Schizophrenia. From what I understand, they have split personalities and can be delusional. Does anyone have a medical/physcology background to know if this "Emily" would be classified as a "familiar spirit"? Or is it something "made up" (but probably "real" to her) by this girl?

Back