Just a hello!

Just a hello!

Hi all,

Just thought I would introduce myself, I am very new to all this and quite nervous about it so please forgive any mistakes I might make, I have never posted in a forum like this before!!

I am from England, and was reborn only a few days ago. I opened my eyes to God when I was in a dark and lonely place and there didn't seem to be any way out of the mire of addictions and vices I was struggling with. I didn't think there was any way I could escape them or change how I lived my life. I wasn't strong enough to resist temptation and evil. I don't know what happened even now, all I know is that I gave my life over to God and prayed for His forgiveness and help and since that moment I have felt like I am no longer alone, and the things that held me in their grip so strongly before now have no power over me. It isn't easy, I am taking one day at a time and I can feel those things lurking, waiting for me to allow them back into my life. When I feel that I pray and know I am no longer alone and have been blessed. This site and some things that have happened to me recently have opened my eyes, and opened my life to God and for that I will always feel the luckiest man alive.

Before this, I was without God and lost, and had never even opened a bible with any kind of serious intentions, my mind and heart were horrible places, now I feel like my life has been given back to me. I can see that this forum is filled with nice people and knowledge and experience and I hope to find guidance and help here in this new world I find myself in.

Sorry for talking so much, I only wanted to say hello!!!

morningsunrise, welcome to our small community. Im happy you're taking refuge in Jesus. Christian life is progressive and it may take time to get used to a new environment. Happiness is here is like nothing else. God knows you very well and even before you were born, He had plans for you and thats why you where you are.

Hope you have a good time here! :cool03:

God bless. :angel:
pm me or ask anyone for help.

Hello morningsunrise! There is absolutely nothing like the experience of being set free! I am so excited for you. And the angels had a party in your honor! As you study God's word and get to know Him, you'll find that there's always so much more to learn. And its all great! Alleluia! God loves you, and knows all about the temptations that "lurk". That's why He has given you the Holy Spirit, living in you, to help you find the strength you need. If you read the Psalms, you'll find that David struggled with temptations. You might be able to identify with Psalm 40:1-3.

Psalm 40
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.

May many blessings be yours, especially the peace that only God can give.

Morningsunrise,

Welcome! Glad you are here. Don't worry about any "mistakes", no one is perfect here!

Back