1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

July 12 - Potential Severe Weather Central and South Central US

Discussion in 'Severe Weather' started by Pastor Gary, Jul 12, 2009.

1. July 12 - Potential Severe Weather Central and South Central US

We don't normally do any type of postings concerning INLAND US storms, but our weather software just red-screen alerted us to a potential significant severe thunderstorm and tornado possibility throughout the central and south central US today... especially central and southeastern Kansas.

Please use the link below for active watches and warnings as they are issued by the National Weather Service and the National Severe Storms Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma.

"THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL ADVISORY. These updates and advisories are based upon information from our own computer models, NOAA, Local Weather Data Centers, deep water Buoy Data, and other publicly available sources. FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR PROPERTY AND PERSON, please refer to your Local, State, and Federal Authority updates for Official Advisories and Orders. For up to the minute advisories and official updates, it is essential that you monitor your local Emergency Government, NOAA and Local Media Broadcasts. Please do not make personal safety decisions based upon information presented here in this Unofficial Advisory."

2. Sunspot Activity Impact on Weather

Dear Pastor Gary,

My work has been posted on nationalforestlawblog.com under global warming, my name and a misspelled version Pierret.

It may have slipped off the main page now but if you could link to it, it might be a great review.

I also did a short paper on Adam living in the last ice age and Moses surviving a glacier lake scenario.

It may be a while before I can post that to you. Maybe I can do a copy and paste.

Paul Pierett

3. Pastor Gary
    You are so multi-talented. You're even our weatherman :smiley90:
  4. Thank you for the compliment...

My Chapel venue in Orange Beach, Alabama, was moved 3/10 of a mile inland in small pieces during Hurricane Ivan in Mid September, 2004.

It was around that same time that I was able to use my previous environmental training and education to volunteer as a Tropical Systems weather analyst for the non-profit, "Tropical Storm Research Center" in Gulf Shores, Alabama.

We post UNOFFICIAL updates during significant named tropical storm events and our track record of landfall predictions and intensity is a bit better than NOAA. We are proud of that fact... because our information is obtained the same way that NOAA get's their information, it's just that we refine our computer modeling minute by minute while NOAA does theirs less often.

For instance - At 12 hours out, we had Tropical Storm IDA's landfall predicted to be along a 21 mile area of southern Alabama. At 12 hours out, NOAA had a cone of predition that was roughly 145 miles wide stretching from south central Mississippi to near Panama City, Florida. The storm's lowest barometric pressure center came ashore at the mouth of Mobile Bay, Alabama, - right in the middle of our prediction area.

Again, thanks for the compliment, but it is just another of my duties to help out our brothers and sisters who are occasionally in harms way.

Pastor Gary