John 13:4:10

Before the Passover holiday Jesus shared a meal with his Disciples. That meal was called the Feast of the Passover, and Jesus knew that when the meal was done, it would be time for him to endure his crucifixion.

Jesus wanted his disciples to remember his teachings about loving one another, so after the meal He poured water into a bowl and began to wash their feet.
Peter did not understand why his beloved teacher would do such a thing, and he did not want Jesus to wash his feet. He told Jesus he should be washing HIS feet!

Jesus insisted, telling Peter that if he wouldn't allow him to wash his feet, he would have no part with him. Peter being Peter...declared, then wash my head and my hands too!

Jesus left his disciples with a powerful lesson in humility that day. He taught them about humility and love, and what it truly meant to be a servant, and one of his followers.

God bless

He certainly did...

we have no excuse from failing to serve others in the way that Jesus taught us. He gives "grace to the humble"...Praying that the grace of God is evident and powerful in your lives today.

Thanks univac...we need to be reminded.

:groupray:

Before the Passover holiday Jesus shared a meal with his Disciples. That meal was called the Feast of the Passover, and Jesus knew that when the meal was done, it would be time for him to endure his crucifixion.

Jesus wanted his disciples to remember his teachings about loving one another, so after the meal He poured water into a bowl and began to wash their feet.
Peter did not understand why his beloved teacher would do such a thing, and he did not want Jesus to wash his feet. He told Jesus he should be washing HIS feet!

Jesus insisted, telling Peter that if he wouldn't allow him to wash his feet, he would have no part with him. Peter being Peter...declared, then wash my head and my hands too!

Jesus left his disciples with a powerful lesson in humility that day. He taught them about humility and love, and what it truly meant to be a servant, and one of his followers.

God bless

That is true humility and the question is asked .... How many people practise humility today .? They say you are a wimp if you do so.

Back