Jesus

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by th1bill, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Did Jesus teach before or after His death? Why did Jesus come to earth?

2. Both. He taught before and his death and and after his resurrection. Post resurrection Luke 24:27 "And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself."

Why did Jesus come to be our Passover sacrifice? For you and for me and for all humanity. To erase the certificate of debt of our sins. That was one reason, there are many more. But how are you going to understand Jesus's sacrifice, if you don't understand the sacrificial system? And in the original Hebrew text, the only time the word sacrifice is used, is with the Passover Lamb. The rest of the sacrificial system they were called "oblations" or "korban" offerings.

And no, Paul was not risen up to begin Christianity. Paul was and remained a Jew and Pharisee throughout his life. If Jesus was starting Christianity, why didn't the Apostles, do so? The ones who actually walked and talked with the Messiah? Why did Paul have to rise up to start a new movement and religion?

3. First we MUST grasp that the significance of Jesus coming to earth was NOT to preach...it was to be a sacrifice for our sins. God had prophets, disciples / 'Paul's' to preach. Secondly we MUST grasp that if Jesus were to come now He would preach from the entire bible / word of God. OT and NT!! The 4 gospels and Paul's teaching....have!! because of His sacrifice ''replaced the OT and its laws'' NOT done away with but improved them by enabling us to better know the heart of God behind them....We can now add to them / definitely obey them, hence a 'new' covenant. Look how Paul says when questioned on marriage 'In my opinion as one entrusted by God to give an opinion'.

Hence, it is GOOD that you study the Torah!! BUT you WILL do BETTER!!! to study the NT!!!

and with this I am out, nice talking to you Ryan :) .

Gal 5:1
    Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Col 2:14
    Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Heb 9:15
    And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance

Major likes this.
  4. Don't know how you can improve on this...
    Leviticus 19:18 " Do not seek revengeor bear a grudgeagainst anyone among your people,but love your neighboras yourself.I am the Lord."
    Mark 12:31 "The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
    The great thing about studying the Torah is that there is a reading from the Torah, a reading from the prophets, and then a reading from the Gospels. You get 3 in 1! But I digress. I won't change your mind anytime soon, and that's fine.

You too and God bless.

5. Just to add Ryan that we have One God who realeased us from the bondadge of the law which nobody can keep and therefore ALL are guilty and unrighteous in the sight of God and to reach out to Jesus Christ (God on earth) who offered salvation to all those who believe in his death and ressurection, for it is Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth and the life. John 14:6

Amen and God bless.

Major likes this.
  6. Very Good reply 1an to Ryan Lepko's post...have you been reading my posts on Romans chapters 6-8 in the Bible study forum? There is a lot of good information there for the edification of the church of God.

7. Not yet William but Saul is an excellent exponent of the word of God, he obviously knows the Old Testament inside out and there is no-one better qualified in my view to lead his fellow countrymen into a saving knowledge of Almighty God. May God bless you. :)

8. something fishy here.
    Nothing to add. Release from bondage to the law is not the same thing as release from the law
    have a care what you say.
    Wasn't Saul the first king of Israel who was deposed by David the King?
    I think you mean Paul the Apostle. have a care what you say.

9. I thought Ryan, whose Bible is the Old Testament might appreciate the teaching of Saul of Tarsus who bridges the gap between the Old Testament and the New Covenant. This is why I used the name. The same man also confirms we are not under law but are under Grace but even so that is no excuse to sin, saying as he did, "What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid." Romans 6:15

10. Oh little minnow little minnow why do you bid me swim in these brackish waters again?
    The smolt that you seek to harass has shown you that there is more to sustain him than you perceive.
    Look again at his message of peace above. Does he not swim in the Torah and the Good news both? Why do you seek to devour and destroy?

The writer of the book you think justifies your attacks, who does he introduce himself as? Is he to be known as saul? No. He has a new name to mark out his new life. You should show much respect for the appointed servants of the Most High God. Oh these brackish waters! I understand the Lord's aversion to lukewarmness Neither hot nor cold. Neither salt nor fresh. I go.

11. I would say to you sir that ...........that by observation of your comments:
    "Let your speech be alwys with grace seasoned with salt that ye may know how you ought to answer every man"
    Col. 4:6.

12. November 29th is an important anniversary for the Palestinians trying to find a country. Go to watch.org for the details. On November 29th at the UN the United States is sticking their nose into the matter again. If they do something stupid again, taken as a curse on Israel and it isn't gonna be pretty in the US somewhere. We will see.
    Obama and every congressman has been personally handed a copy of Eye to Eye so we will know they know. This is not the first time though, and it is hard to believe they didn't try it just to see if it was true. They did and it was.