Jesus' tomb opened: sign of end times?

Concerning Matthew 24:15....context, my friend, context. The only way one could interpret this as a tomb would be to not look at what it says and to also take it out of context.
Do not remove v.15 from everything else He said, and look at what He says about where the abomination will happen.
The abomination occurs in the "holy place." Not the "holy place" for the Catholic or Orthodox church...but THE holy place that Jesus would have known. Since Jesus was Jewish, speaking to other 1st century Jews, there is only one, logical, reasonable understanding of that...it is the holy place of (inside) the temple. (That is what they called it and knew it as.)
Food for thought...it is believed (with good reason) by many Jewish (and non-Jewish) scholars and historians that the old holy place of the temple is now inside of the Al- Sakhra Mosque (Dome of the Rock.) Coincidence?

Agreed, excellent point.

My brain just doesn't work the way it used to. I thought this was the thread where that was mentioned...but it wasn't...I miss my mind. No wonder what I typed didn't make much sense...arrgh! I'm sorry.
The way I am now days it doesn't matter if I do know someone's name...there's no telling what I'll say.
I have a given name on my birth certificate. But my wife calls me "hon," my kids call me "Dad," and my grandkids call me "papa. Different folks address me according to how they relate with me (they all have a relationship with me) ...but they all refer to me...I know it....there is no error nor offense. No disrespect is meant nor intended.
"First, no Jew, Karaite or Rabbinical will tell you how to pronounce it. It's been lost because of the traditions of man."
(I have heard and read the correct way might be Yah-weh (Yah-way) but...who knows?)
That's just it...exactly what to call Him or how to address Him...who knows? Jesus called Him "Father" and encourages us to address Him the same way.
Moses asked God when people ask about Him...what is His name...I tend to see God's response as not being along the line of just having a proper name like Bob or Bill or Frank, etc. If you worship multiple deities like the Egyptians then they'd all need different names. I see the Lord's response to Moses as (in essence) "Name? I am! I am who I am!"
There is no other.

God bless you brother. I am exactly on the same place.

Of all the things that I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

I'm sure you've read it by now: Jesus's Tomb was opened for the first time in centuries.

I wonder if this is another sign of the end times. Aren't tombs supposed to be sacred? Could this be an offense to Our Lord Jesus? Maybe the abomination of desolation (Matthew 24:15)?

More on this:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/10/jesus-tomb-opened-church-holy-sepulchre/

Personally I do not see how this event ties in with Christ coming again.

It has been 2000 years since Christ was in that tomb and nothing has changed. He is still not there because He is risen from the dead and has gone to sit by the Father's right hand in heaven.

As for the "abomination of desolation"......No. That is going to be the re-built temple where the A/C will stand and declare himself to be God.

Matthew 24:15 .........
So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand.”

This is referring to Daniel 9:27.......
“He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.'

In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And in a part of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”

In 167 B.C. a Greek ruler by the name of Antiochus Epiphanies set up an altar to Zeus over the altar of burnt offerings in the Jewish temple in Jerusalem. He also sacrificed a pig on the altar in the Temple in Jerusalem. This event is known as the abomination of desolation.

In Matthew 24:15, Jesus was speaking some 200 years after the abomination of desolation described above had already occurred. So, Jesus must have been prophesying that some time in the future another abomination of desolation would occur in a Jewish temple in Jerusalem.

Most Bible prophecy interpreters believe that Jesus was referring to the Antichrist who will do something very similar to what Antiochus Epiphanies did. This is confirmed by the fact that some of what Daniel prophesied in Daniel 9:27 did not occur in 167 B.C. with Antiochus Epiphanies. Antiochus did not confirm a covenant with Israel for seven years. It is the Antichrist who, in the end times, will establish a covenant with Israel for seven years and then break it by doing something similar to the abomination of desolation in the Jewish temple in Jerusalem.

Back