Jesus, My Savior

"So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." ~ 2 Timothy 1:8-10​

Truly God’s love for us is unending! Amen! His love for us sent Jesus Christ to the cross to die a cruel death so that we could be set free from slavery to sin and so we could have eternal life with God in glory. His love for us sustains us and holds us together. He loves us so much that he gave us his Holy Spirit to live in us to guide, lead, counsel, encourage, comfort and urge us in the ways of the Lord.

My Lord not only died so that I could be free from slavery to sin, but he died so that I would no longer live for myself but for him who gave himself up for me. And, not only did he die, but he lived on this earth as a human being so that he suffered like we suffer, and so he was tempted in all ways in which we are tempted, yet without sin. He did this so that he could sympathize with us in our weaknesses, and so we would know his compassion, comfort and healing.

Jesus, My Savior / An Original Work / May 7, 2011

Jesus, my Savior, my Master and friend;
His love will guide me; of which there’s no end.
Saving and keeping and cleansing within;
Jesus, Messiah, my Lord and my King.
He died for me on Calv’ry’s tree.
Saved me from sin; made pure within.
Jesus, my Savior, my Master and friend;
His love will guide me; of which there’s no end.

Jesus, our God, our Creator; I AM;
He came to earth, born of God as a man.
He suffered so He could be our High Priest,
In love, compassion, and great sympathy.
He bore our sin; sin died with Him.
He conquered hell; with Him we dwell.
Jesus, our God, our Creator; I AM;
He came to earth, born of God as a man.

Jesus, Redeemer, His blood set us free.
He purchased our pardon, so we’d believe.
He loves us so, and He wants us to know
His love redeemed us; out from us should flow.
Repent of sin. Be whole within.
Follow His ways all of our days.
Jesus, Redeemer, His blood set us free
He purchased our pardon, so we’d believe.

Back