Jesus is the word of god

Jesus is the word of god

What is the WORD of God? This we must establish and show how it all relates to Jesus. Psalms 119:105 “your WORD is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my feet.” With darkness all around (the depraved state of the world and sin is abounding), we would always be going around in circles, never knowing where we are or where we are going. John 8:12: tells what Jesus proclaims about himself: “I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall NOT walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”

The Bible does not just have the words of God in it. It is the Word of God; from the Old Testament to the new and including the Proverbs and Psalms. Every book is about Jesus. John 1:1 “In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God and the WORD was GOD. In John 8:56-58 Jesus told the Jews that “their father Abraham rejoiced to see his day: and he saw it and was glad.” They questioned that statement but Jesus declared: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I AM.

The Jews didn’t like that answer. They knew he was there to upset their own kingdom and didn’t want to lose their authority so they picked up stones to throw at him to kill him. It wasn’t Jesus’ time to die so he passed right through them and they didn’t even see him.

The people knew the Torah and of the answer God gave Moses when he was told he was to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Moses said that when he told them the God of their fathers sent him to them, they would ask what His name is. “What shall I say?” People would want to know.

Verse 14 “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said , You shall say unto the children of Israel, ‘I AM’ has sent me unto you.” Jesus is the same “I AM”. Jesus is the WORD of God. John 1:14 “And the WORD was made flesh and dwelt among us.” And John 10:30 “I and the Father are one”. The name God in Genesis 1 is Elohim which is plural---the Supreme God---highest in rank, power and authority. No one is greater than our creator God.

Until Jesus was born, the Father, the WORD and the spirit of God (the Holy Ghost) were all spirit. Jesus became the WORD. Philippians 2:6 “Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal to God.” Colossians 2:9 “For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.” I John 5:7 “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are ONE.”

Each had a special job to do. God the Father made all the plans and
brought them to pass. He spoke them into being, Jesus being the Word without a body as yet. But John 1:3 says: “All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.” I Colossians 1:17 “And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.” Genesis 1:2b “And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the earth.” Before God spoke, His Spirit moved, ready to give everything life.

Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. Luke 2:29 & 30 “Lord now let
your servant depart in peace, according to your WORD, for my eyes have seen your salvation. This is Simeon’s prophecy to Mary: “Behold this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel: and for a sign which will be spoken against.”

In John 17:1-26, just before he died, Jesus made a prayer to God in behalf of his apostles who carried the WORD to the world to be continued on down through the ages even to us and the future generations. (verse 3 and this is life eternal that they may know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.” Verses 4 & 5 “I have glorified you on the earth: I have finished the work you have given me to do. And now, O, Father, glorify me with your own self with the glory which I had

with you before the world was.”

He asked God to not take the apostles out of the world but to keep them from the evil in it. When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, he asks God for the
same protection for us. Not always physical protection but to keep our hearts and spirits from evil.

Revelation 1:11 “I am the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last.” Revelation 1:17 “Fear not, I am the first and the last: I am he that lives, and was dead: and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen; and have the keys of hell and death.” Jesus always was and has power over death. Revelation 19:13 “And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called “the WORD of GOD.”

There is so much to say about “The WORD of God”. This is enough to digest right now. If the Holy Spirit so leads me, I may write more. In the meantime, get a good concordance and look up all the scriptures pertaining to the WORD of GOD. You will be surprise what all you learn. God bless you as you think about all of this.

Back