Jesus is not my homeboy.

I think this thread has made it's point. Let's say we call it good to go. God knows where we stand in the heart.

Chili out.

I can just see Him smiling from ear to ear, heheeeeee:) because He knows how dense I am..but you know what!?? He forgives me for that too, heheeeeeeeee.

just because you respect and love someone doesnt mean you have to be formal with them and not being formal with them doesnt make you disrespectful

I agree with this statement.

I respect my parents to the end of the world and back, but we aren't all "formal" with each other. When I introduce my Dad to others I introduce him as my "father." But, in our personal relationship I call him Dad. Sometimes I call him Daddy. Sometimes I call him Pop. Sometimes I call him Paw Paw. But, no matter what I call him he understands that every endearment is given with great love and respect.

I also have special endearments for my brothers, my sisters, and my closest friends. And, since Jesus is a friend who sticks closer than a brother I don't believe He minds when I have a special endearment for Him in our relationship . . . as long as my attitude is one of respect.

He's my Sky Daddy. He's my Heavenly Father. He's my Pop. He's my All-in-All. He's my Provider. He's my Buddy. He's my Pal. He's my Everything.

All these endearments are very special between God and me. That's why it is called a personal relationship, and that's what makes it a personal relationship.

Respect means . . . high or special regard, and my regard for God is very high and very special.

Homeboy means . . . from one's neighborhood, hometown, or region. Well, the blood of Jesus that I have accepted has made me from His neighborhood, hometown, or region, so I believe it is okay for me to call Him my homeboy.

God knows my heart better than I do, so no matter what I call Him He knows the intention of my attitude.

This is what I believe. I do not ask anyone to agree with me. I simply ask that you respect my belief as I respect yours.

It's a city slang for" brother" or best friend. The gangs came up with it in L.A It is not disrespect to another but a respect. OOO you country gals.
Like I would call you Hey homepeach because your from GA. it goes with the area.

Chili out

ps. You call me Chilidawg!! or chiliburger. it is not disrespectful but an honor to have that title out of respect from another. That is how I look at it.

Hey she's not the only on who didn't know but being a senior ... LOL ... how would I know all this stuff .? I am just not in the groove ... he he ... Thanks Pupy for asking cause I was embarrassed to ask . And i am nbot from the country either Chili... am a big city gal .... he he

I wonder what chili would call me .... he he ... interested to know ... :smiley90:he he

Respect means . . . high or special regard, and my regard for God is very high and very special.

God knows my heart better than I do, so no matter what I call Him He knows the intention of my attitude.

This is what I believe. I do not ask anyone to agree with me. I simply ask that you respect my belief as I respect yours.

Yup .... I gottcha ... and my sentiments exactly ... God Bless . :smiley90:

I agree with this statement.

I respect my parents to the end of the world and back, but we aren't all "formal" with each other. When I introduce my Dad to others I introduce him as my "father." But, in our personal relationship I call him Dad. Sometimes I call him Daddy. Sometimes I call him Pop. Sometimes I call him Paw Paw. But, no matter what I call him he understands that every endearment is given with great love and respect.

I also have special endearments for my brothers, my sisters, and my closest friends. And, since Jesus is a friend who sticks closer than a brother I don't believe He minds when I have a special endearment for Him in our relationship . . . as long as my attitude is one of respect.

He's my Sky Daddy. He's my Heavenly Father. He's my Pop. He's my All-in-All. He's my Provider. He's my Buddy. He's my Pal. He's my Everything.

All these endearments are very special between God and me. That's why it is called a personal relationship, and that's what makes it a personal relationship.

Homeboy means . . . from one's neighborhood, hometown, or region. Well, the blood of Jesus that I have accepted has made me from His neighborhood, hometown, or region, so I believe it is okay for me to call Him my homeboy.

I agree. You don't need to be formal with God. Just the term homeboy is something I just never liked. But you're right, we don't need to be formal with God. I'm not.

And also, God looks at our heart. Just for me personally, I just don't like the term "homeboy." :)
But overall, God doesn't care about anything except for us. He loves us so much, he doesn't care about small details. If someone was to call God a homeboy, I'm sure he's not going to change his love for us.

I think a lot of you thought I was saying that we should always be formal with God. No, that's not what I meant. Lol. I just think "homeboy" is just a term that can be disrespectful. But that's just me.

And that definitely brought a smile to my face :)

Hey she's not the only on who didn't know but being a senior ... LOL ... how would I know all this stuff .? I am just not in the groove ... he he ... Thanks Pupy for asking cause I was embarrassed to ask . And i am nbot from the country either Chili... am a big city gal .... he he

I wonder what chili would call me .... he he ... interested to know ... :smiley90:he he

Since your from the north of the border hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................ICE QUEEN........not........Norgirl....ya that's it Norgirl. Dusty is my Norgirl LOLhehehe I can go on n on but I don't wanna get it out of text. I like Norgirl
Chili out

Since your from the north of the border hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................ICE QUEEN........not........Norgirl....ya that's it Norgirl. Dusty is my Norgirl LOLhehehe I can go on n on but I don't wanna get it out of text. I like Norgirl
Chili out

Hey Chili .... I like it ... thanks .... Ice Queen ...I don't think so :smiley100:

What is wrong with saying Jesus is my Homeboy?

Just recently, my grandma got upset because I said "Jesus is my Homeboy, my friend" she said he was "my savior, and don't call him 'homeboy'...just to set the record straight, Jesus, God, Him, whatever you may call him, is still a friend, or at least He is to me. I believe if Jesus was walking around in the flesh today that He would be with the "Homeboys" He would be in the hood talking to His children, hanging out with them, laughing, telling them about God, and the Kingdom of heaven...I believe He would say "Let's straight kick it with God and go tell others about Christ" I believe that in my heart, because if you already know the Lord then you should be out telling the world about your Favorite and BEST Homeboy ever, Jesus Christ, AKA J.C. Homeboy means friend, someone you can rely on, talk to, cry on there shoulder, even sacrifice your own life for that individual. It isn't meant to disrespect anyone... Isn't it the sick who need a doctor? Jesus is there doctor, just the same as He is the Homeboy to that kid that lives in the hood and trying his/her best to rely on Jesus and faith... understand no disrespect is intended when that certain word is used... Jesus is my number one Homeboy and someone I love and talk about all the time!

Just recently, my grandma got upset because I said "Jesus is my Homeboy, my friend" she said he was "my savior, and don't call him 'homeboy'...just to set the record straight, Jesus, God, Him, whatever you may call him, is still a friend, or at least He is to me. I believe if Jesus was walking around in the flesh today that He would be with the "Homeboys" He would be in the hood talking to His children, hanging out with them, laughing, telling them about God, and the Kingdom of heaven...I believe He would say "Let's straight kick it with God and go tell others about Christ" I believe that in my heart, because if you already know the Lord then you should be out telling the world about your Favorite and BEST Homeboy ever, Jesus Christ, AKA J.C. Homeboy means friend, someone you can rely on, talk to, cry on there shoulder, even sacrifice your own life for that individual. It isn't meant to disrespect anyone... Isn't it the sick who need a doctor? Jesus is there doctor, just the same as He is the Homeboy to that kid that lives in the hood and trying his/her best to rely on Jesus and faith... understand no disrespect is intended when that certain word is used... Jesus is my number one Homeboy and someone I love and talk about all the time!

that's cool :)
just everyone on here misinterpreted me.
so i just gave up. because i tried to explain. but no one would listen, lol.

What this goes to show is a lack of true revernce for the King of Kings and Lord of all Lords!
None of the apostles used any cheap names for God and what it shows is a loack of 1, reverence and 2, understanding of who he is.
If you honestly think that you would say this to his face I question your true understanding of who he is!
Blessings.

Back