Jehovah, English or Hebrew?

"What is His name? His name is the Great I AM, Jehovah, The Only God, The Most High, Yahweh, ADONAI, Elohim, YaHuWaH (YHWH) - Being interpreted: “I am who I am” , “I shall be what I shall be”, "The One who causes to be". God, Jehovah, Yahweh - these names were given to, and made by men, so we might speak of Him in a way others might understand. He is even referred to as Allah by the people of Ishmael, who are greatly misled. But when calling on His name, let us do it in the manner He has taught us, and by the only example He, Himself, provided in His only Begotten Son, who while on the cross about the ninth hour, cried out to Him, saying, “E’loi, E’loi (My God, My God)”, which now we are commanded, in the same manner, to cry out to our God in the name of YahuShua HaMashiach (Jesus The Christ)."

YahuShua is Yahuwah!

“Yah” + “Shua” = “God’s Salvation” or “God Saves”...

If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him. ~ John 14:7

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory. ~ 1 Timothy 3:16

"Therefore, there is great power in YahShua’s name. It is the name God has given to His Son, and it is also God’s name...“I have come in My Father’s name...” (John 5:43); “Holy Father, guard them by the power of Your Name, which You have given to Me, so that they may be one, just as We are....” (John 17:11 CJB) and, “And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.” (Zechariah 14:9). When you are calling on YahShua’s name, you are calling on God, Himself. What an
amazing declaration of God’s power and infinite wisdom and righteousness!"

"The Christ has many names... Jesus, Yeshua, YahShua. His true name, however, is YahShua HaMashiach. Jesus (YahShua) knows His audience and the hearts and minds of men and women... “For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12). If someone
calls on the name of the Lord, by the only name they know of, whether it is Jesus Christ, Yeshua, YahShua, or another name they have learned (in different countries), fully recognizing Christ for His suffering and sacrifice for their salvation, then the Lord knows this and will receive them, knowing that which is in their heart and to Whom they were calling. In other languages, the Mashiach (Messiah) is called by other names also, each meaning the same thing (as long as these names are referring to the true Mashiach, YahShua, and not to false gods, etc.). And because of this, God puts no difference between a person calling on His name in English, Hebrew, or in any other language, for the Lord judges according to the hearts and minds (Revelation 2:23), and not according to one’s ignorance. The Lord is no respector of persons, nor of the language they speak (Acts 10:34-35). If this weren’t so, then only the Israelites would be saved, and the Gentiles would be lost because of their ignorance of the Hebrew language. Yet the Gentiles (non-Jewish people) who believe, who are truly converted in their hearts, are saved because of their belief and acceptance of Jesus for their salvation (Romans 1:16), even though they have no knowledge of His Hebrew name, YahShua... “For Messiah was lifted up from the earth, so He might draw ALL men to Himself “ (John 12:32). Amen.

“Yah” + “Shua” = “God’s Salvation” or “God Saves”...
The Importance of Christ’s True Name

The name, “YahShua”, holds great power. It is the name God, Himself, gave to His Son. The name, “Yah”, refers to God. “Shua” refers to salvation. Several Old Testament Scriptures reveal that God, Himself, has become our salvation:

Yah is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation. ~ Psalm 118:14 CJB

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; ‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song;
He also has become my salvation.’ “ ~ Isaiah 12:2

The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation;
He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will exalt Him. ~ Exodus 15:2

If one truly understands the majesty of Christ’s name, YahShua, then we realize something spectacular:YahShua is God, Himself, manifest in the flesh for our salvation...

Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign:Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son,
and shall call His name Immanu El. ~ Isaiah 7:14

“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son,
and they shall call His name Immanu El,” which is translated, “God with us.” ~ Matthew 1:23

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
In Him was life, and the life was the light of men... But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right
to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,
full of grace and truth. ~ John 1:1-14

I and My Father are One. ~ John 10:30"

Greetings in the name of Jesus;..:)

Using only KJV, or Torah of Hebrew. People who do not speak Hebrew, should not interpret Hebrew...For the Record, there is not One Mother tongue Hebrew speaker born in Israel ( Sabra). Who would accept YHWH, as officially Gods name. It's like in English, A Swahili African, saying " You" or " He" or " big fella" is Gods Official Name.. We are speaking about Hebrew derivations, are we not..? Yes. YHWH is two of the most common used generic terms in Hebrew, Fact...!..Not to mention it is clearly a factual truth, that Jews the Israel people, are known historically as the " people with a God of no Name". which is confirmed in Scripture. Judges 13:17-18. Where God is speaking to Manoah father of Sampson, Gods name is Secret. Fact. If Gods Name was. " I AM" in Hebrew,,. Everyone knew that phrase and words and Gods name would not be secret to Manoah.! fact. YHWH, It's not secret. But Jesus name to Come, was and is secret, and even today, is still a mystery of God to the Gentile and Jew.

When men Look upon Jesus, do they see the Father, as Jesus says? And every Scripture speaking about Gods deeds, So is a corresponding exact scripture about Jesus. God Is One, and Jesus is Divine.

Isaiah 9:6. Unto us a child is born, his names shall be called, the Wonderful counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.

Who is this Child born in Isaiah 9:6-7 ? Child's names include, the Everlasting Father and mighty God.? Or, is Isaiah spreading false Rumor..? Jesus as God, Burns true to Scripture, and confirms " One God" everlasting,

If we burn all things unto the word...There is One God, who only God can forgive Sins. Of which Jesus not only forgave sins, but is eternal, Hebrews 7. And met Abraham after Lot being free...If there is One God, and Jesus this one God, " when you see Jesus, you also see the Father". Jesus and the Father are one; Where God took upon himself flesh " Jesus". And became the " Glory of God"..I know this is hard for many Gentile, or Pagan Origins to perceive, As Peter so warned. But it is True, the Messiah is God. Emanuel " God with us". Believing YHWH, and Jehovah derivations of Hebrew English redacted terms, that these are Gods name, is fiction of English middle ages pagans. Of which these terms historically are derived. The term Jehovah does come from the Middle ages.

In the sense of cooperation and peace; Let me add that if one believes Jesus is a Second God, or Little God, yet not the Father but is Salvation from God. Then you are with us. And I shall not deny or condemn.
But as Scriptures and Ten commandments so state. There is only One God, and Jesus is either this God or not. One God, Monotheism, is a Truth of God. Polytheism is a Pagan concept which lives and espoused by many today.. And As it is written.. " I have corrupted mine inheritance" so says God. We Gentiles are the corruption, whom, God loves. The Wild vines, grafted into the pure vines of God. I guess one can believe Jesus, as one can believe Jesus is a second lower God, and also still be saved by grace.

Salvation, It's not my call, but I seek only to speak to truth. Jesus is the "Child born, whos names shall be called, Wonderful counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.! Is Monotheism, a One God theology, or is the Bible wrong..?

This is the greatest secret of God...Jesus is God the Father. And the One and only God.

I pray my words do not offend, God bless all Christians in forum, and all who use it.:)
Firstly, let me say that I don't particularly like the translation "Jehovah" (mainly because of its association with JWs) and prefer to use YHWH. However, if someone wants to use "Jehovah", I don't see why it should be a problem any more than using "Jesus" instead of "Yeshu'a."

Secondly, I have never at any time suggested that Jesus is a lesser God, or a little God. Along with every other Christian, I believe absolutely that there is only one God. However, within that one God there are three separate and distinct Persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Father did not personally take on human flesh, nor did the Holy Spirit - only the Son did.

There are other threads on this forum where I have argued that Jesus is YHWH, just as the Father is YHWH and the Spirit is YHWH. What I am saying is that "Jesus" did not become His Name until He was conceived in a human body. It was not even given to Him as a name prophetically until then. And it is never, not in one single verse in the Bible, applied to the Father or the Holy Spirit.

Let me illustrate. My name is Lynn. I was Lynn when I was 10, when I was 20, when I was 30 ... right through till now when I am over 60. I have never stopped being Lynn. But when I was married, my name was Mrs Cox. Was I Mrs Cox before I married? No, that was my name only in the context of that relationship. Was Mrs Cox a different person from Lynn? No. I was still Lynn before, during and after my marriage, but the name "Mrs Cox" applied to me only for a particular time in my life.

Likewise, Father, Son and Holy Spirit all have a right to the Name YHWH, but only the Son had the Name, Jesus, and He only acquired that Name at His conception.

As to God giving YHWH as His Name, I don't think the verses I quoted earlier could say it any more clearly.

blessings,

Lynn

Firstly, let me say that I don't particularly like the translation "Jehovah" (mainly because of its association with JWs) and prefer to use YHWH. However, if someone wants to use "Jehovah", I don't see why it should be a problem any more than using "Jesus" instead of "Yeshu'a."

Secondly, I have never at any time suggested that Jesus is a lesser God, or a little God. Along with every other Christian, I believe absolutely that there is only one God. However, within that one God there are three separate and distinct Persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Father did not personally take on human flesh, nor did the Holy Spirit - only the Son did.

There are other threads on this forum where I have argued that Jesus is YHWH, just as the Father is YHWH and the Spirit is YHWH. What I am saying is that "Jesus" did not become His Name until He was conceived in a human body. It was not even given to Him as a name prophetically until then. And it is never, not in one single verse in the Bible, applied to the Father or the Holy Spirit.

Let me illustrate. My name is Lynn. I was Lynn when I was 10, when I was 20, when I was 30 ... right through till now when I am over 60. I have never stopped being Lynn. But when I was married, my name was Mrs Cox. Was I Mrs Cox before I married? No, that was my name only in the context of that relationship. Was Mrs Cox a different person from Lynn? No. I was still Lynn before, during and after my marriage, but the name "Mrs Cox" applied to me only for a particular time in my life.

Likewise, Father, Son and Holy Spirit all have a right to the Name YHWH, but only the Son had the Name, Jesus, and He only acquired that Name at His conception.

As to God giving YHWH as His Name, I don't think the verses I quoted earlier could say it any more clearly.

blessings,

Lynn

I think you have expressed it fairly well. To acknowledge the declaration of the Bible that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are three separate persons is NOT denying the deity of Christ or His power and authority over all things. The thing we must understand is that Christ Jesus has not made Himself equal to YHWH ... BUT YHWH HAS MADE Him equal. In other words Jesus never claimed equality with YHWH but YHWH Himself has raised Jesus up as the one who rules all things FOR him, giving Jesus all of His own power and authority to do so. The result is that Jesus does the will of the Father in the power and authority of the Father and nobody comes to the Father except by Him.

What confuses people is they have been taught to equate the word "God" with YHWH only when the Hebrew word "elohiym. " is not a specific reference to YHWH but to YHWH and to those who are of the nature of YHWH, especially the Sons of God. The elohiym are beings of what the Bible ( in English at least) calls " spirit" as opposed to man who is a being of flesh and blood.

To say the word God is a reference to YHWH is like saying that Fred Smith is a man therefore whenever you see the word " man" it is a reference to Fred Smith. Jesus is God because Jesus is elohiym. Jesus is also man because He was born of flesh and blood. that is why Jesus referred to Himself as both Son of God ( elohiym) and Son of Man ( flesh and blood human) .

There is YHWH, unique in all the universe and as Jesus declared, the only TRUE God and the God of Gods. Being spirit He is elohiym. then there are the " Sons of God" who being by nature spirit and immortal are also elohiym. Then there is Man, mortal flesh and blood. The destiny of some to perish and others to become Sons of God ( elohiym) .

We should understand that when the Bible says that "As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the Sons of God" (John 1:12) it means to become elohiym. That is the significance of Psalm 82 ( Ye are Gods) and Jesus' reference to it. By referring to Himself as the Son of God ( note Not YHWH but the son of YHWH) Jesus was declaring Himself to be elohiym, that is, also a god. That is why He was in trouble with them. It is why He justified His claim by what was written, not what they were taught to believe by the traditions of men.

But something you might be interested to know Lynn (I mention it only so that you will be aware of it) is that the name of Jesus / Jeshua / Joshua IS actually prophetically foretold in the OT quite specifically. It is in the following passage:-

Zechariah 6:11Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest; 12And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord: 13Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both"

Did you note the name of the one on whom the crowns were put and of whom was said "Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH;" Basically behold the one who has the name of the branch who is to come.

Of the many different Hebrew names and titles given to G-d representing His personality and sovereign characteristics, the only name G-d ever gave for Himself is, Ehyeh asher Ehyeh.- I Am that I Am. Amen!

Shalom!

Greetings in the name of Jesus::)

As a professed Christian; Believing Jesus Christ, is the Salvation of man. I believe all power of Heaven and earth is given unto Jesus; and the power is with and of the Name " Jesus " Or " Yashua". And as to forum rules, the Bible is the inerrant word of God. What Words? The Words of Jesus. Bible = Jesus = God. I do not equivocate here...!

I also sought to bring all things together under a Jewish Judaic Hebrew Word foundation, Jesus/God his Words, or words of God, are and were oringinally in Hebrew..!!!

When in translated to English we then Interject and translate back to Hebrew words, they can be altered and changed... Jesus Christ, as Yashua Ha-meshiach; Which is Jesus the Messiah. Christ is a derivation from Greek Christos, then Roman Christos. Christ originally was the equivalent of Messiah: Messiah = Christ.. But I don't think that is accurate any more. That is another linguistic derivation story.

As to Post # 23, I totally agree with this perspective. Even the perspective of Jehovah. Which I only point out the Truth, that Jehovah is not a Jewish or Hebrew word, but a English word redacted from the Hebrew word YHWH. Jehovah has not written history, before the middle ages. Not of Hebrew derivation, but an English Addition to Hebrew.

As to every Hebrew Speaking Judaic believer before Jesus . Exodus 6:3. "I appeared unto Abraham, Unto, Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, (Elohym), but by my (the) name Jehovah (YHWH) was I not known to them.".. To Jesus and all the prophets and Jews. This translates as " YHWH was not used or Known as my name to the People".. The Names ; Almighty God or Elohym or Adoniah was known and used. God is not the Author of confusion. And the name YHWH, is not a name used, but a descriptive term, translating to " I AM" or " God is", more complete as " God exists"..Which clearly says, " not known" as name. Does the (Bible) words speak and spread false rumor...? no.

God used the term.." I AM"... or God IS" for a reason.... English speakers can know Jesus and or God as " You" or " Him" or " The Big enchilada"....If we worship God, and acknowledge him; Then your with those of God.......BUT....

The Only name which has power and Glory, Is " Jesus". let me not equivocate on this...

Many on Judgment day shall say Lord, Lord, We cast out demons in thy name ( Jesus), And Jesus will answer, yea but I knew you not, better it is that you are either hot or cold, if you are but luke warm, I shall spew you out.

What is the name of God in Power ? which one casts out demons....? I say scriptures say, without doubt " Jesus"..... If someone claims Gods name of Power is " Jehovah" or " YHWH",,, from a Hebrew word derivation, I have a problem of accepting this, as one being a " Christian"..

If you think Gods Name of Power, Is Jehovah;..Then your a Jehovite or a Witness for Jehovah believer... If you think Gods name of Power is Jesus. Then your a Christians.

The concept that Jesus, God, and Spirit are some how separate yet one, That is not a Hebrew or early Christian concept. They are different names and manifestations of the one God, but not separate..! Why..?

If God is all Powerful, and Omnipotent, you cannot have separate. All powerful, is all encompassing. Jesus is the " God made flesh" made " As Grass". and all human, yet part and one of the all encompassing God. Which this Part, is given all power and authority of God...

A One all powerful God, Cannot be separated....I repeat, God Cannot be separated and be one God almighty.

As to having two Gods...father Jehovah, and Son Jesus,,, Yes,,,Jehovah Witnesses, and Mormons so believe this...Ask them....? Jesus is not the Father to Mormons or J W's.. Many other Christians faiths actually separate the two...! When you see Jesus, do we also see the Father..? I say yes.

Remember the name of Power and Glory, is Jesus....When Judgement day comes....Peter shall ask, what is your faith...J W, Mormon, Protestant, Catholic...? I will answer..Christian...!!!,, When asked who is your God, and what is his Name...? I shall answer....." Jesus "..!!!! Of this I have no doubt...No other name shall one be saved by...!!!! No one shall enter into heaven except by me...Saith Jesus...!!!

I pray my words do not offend, God bless all Christians in forum, and all who use it.:)

As a professed Christian; Believing Jesus Christ, is the Salvation of man. I believe all power of Heaven and earth is given unto Jesus; and the power is with and of the Name " Jesus " Or " Yashua". And as to forum rules, the Bible is the inerrant word of God. What Words? The Words of Jesus. Bible = Jesus = God. I do not equivocate here...!

I also sought to bring all things together under a Jewish Judaic Hebrew Word foundation, Jesus/God his Words, or words of God, are and were oringinally in Hebrew..!!!

When in translated to English we then Interject and translate back to Hebrew words, they can be altered and changed... Jesus Christ, as Yashua Ha-meshiach; Which is Jesus the Messiah. Christ is a derivation from Greek Christos, then Roman Christos. Christ originally was the equivalent of Messiah: Messiah = Christ.. But I don't think that is accurate any more. That is another linguistic derivation story.

As to Post # 23, I totally agree with this perspective. Even the perspective of Jehovah. Which I only point out the Truth, that Jehovah is not a Jewish or Hebrew word, but a English word redacted from the Hebrew word YHWH. Jehovah has not written history, before the middle ages. Not of Hebrew derivation, but an English Addition to Hebrew.

As to every Hebrew Speaking Judaic believer before Jesus . Exodus 6:3. "I appeared unto Abraham, Unto, Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, (Elohym), but by my (the) name Jehovah (YHWH) was I not known to them.".. To Jesus and all the prophets and Jews. This translates as " YHWH was not used or Known as my name to the People".. The Names ; Almighty God or Elohym or Adoniah was known and used. God is not the Author of confusion. And the name YHWH, is not a name used, but a descriptive term, translating to " I AM" or " God is", more complete as " God exists"..Which clearly says, " not known" as name. Does the (Bible) words speak and spread false rumor...? no.

God used the term.." I AM"... or God IS" for a reason.... English speakers can know Jesus and or God as " You" or " Him" or " The Big enchilada"....If we worship God, and acknowledge him; Then your with those of God.......BUT....

The Only name which has power and Glory, Is " Jesus". let me not equivocate on this...

Many on Judgment day shall say Lord, Lord, We cast out demons in thy name ( Jesus), And Jesus will answer, yea but I knew you not, better it is that you are either hot or cold, if you are but luke warm, I shall spew you out.

What is the name of God in Power ? which one casts out demons....? I say scriptures say, without doubt " Jesus"..... If someone claims Gods name of Power is " Jehovah" or " YHWH",,, from a Hebrew word derivation, I have a problem of accepting this, as one being a " Christian"..

If you think Gods Name of Power, Is Jehovah;..Then your a Jehovite or a Witness for Jehovah believer... If you think Gods name of Power is Jesus. Then your a Christians.

The concept that Jesus, God, and Spirit are some how separate yet one, That is not a Hebrew or early Christian concept. They are different names and manifestations of the one God, but not separate..! Why..?

If God is all Powerful, and Omnipotent, you cannot have separate. All powerful, is all encompassing. Jesus is the " God made flesh" made " As Grass". and all human, yet part and one of the all encompassing God. Which this Part, is given all power and authority of God...

A One all powerful God, Cannot be separated....I repeat, God Cannot be separated and be one God almighty.

As to having two Gods...father Jehovah, and Son Jesus,,, Yes,,,Jehovah Witnesses, and Mormons so believe this...Ask them....? Jesus is not the Father to Mormons or J W's.. Many other Christians faiths actually separate the two...! When you see Jesus, do we also see the Father..? I say yes.

Remember the name of Power and Glory, is Jesus....When Judgement day comes....Peter shall ask, what is your faith...J W, Mormon, Protestant, Catholic...? I will answer..Christian...!!!,, When asked who is your God, and what is his Name...? I shall answer....." Jesus "..!!!! Of this I have no doubt...No other name shall one be saved by...!!!! No one shall enter into heaven except by me...Saith Jesus...!!!

SoP, you seem determined to attribute to people things they have not said. As I and other responders here have already said, we do not believe in several Gods, but in one God. Within that one God are three distinct Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. In the words of the ancient Church Fathers those Three are "of the same substance", but they are distinct in personality and function. That is the traditional Christian belief of the Trinity, and is part of the Statement of Faith of this site - a statement with which you declared agreement when you signed up to become a member.

To use an illustration I have employed elsewhere, look at a rose bush. Every cell of that rose bush has exactly the same DNA, but the roots are different from the leaves are different from the flowers. We call every part of that rose bush "rose", but we do not call the roots a "rose flower" and we do not call the flowers "rose leaves." Whilst any illustration that uses the finite to try to explain the infinite will be inadequate, I believe this is a reasonably good picture of God. All three Persons of the Trinity have the same "God DNA", but the Father is different from the Son is different from the Spirit.

Yes, I - and I am sure every other person who is responding here - believe totally that the Name of Jesus is the only one by which we may be saved ... because it was Jesus (not the Father, nor the Holy Spirit) who went to the Cross to pay the penalty for our sin. That still does not make "Jesus" the Name of God, but only the Name of God the Son in His role as Saviour of mankind.

Incidentally, when we stand before judgement, it will not be Peter asking the questions, but the Lord! And the question will not be, "What is your faith?" but, "Is your name in the Lamb's book of life?"

blessings,

Lynn

Whether the person uses the name Yeshua, Yehweh, Jesus, Heysus, Adonai, is unimportant. What is important is the true gospel message received into the heart, in whatever language the person may understand. Remember it was YHVH Himself which gave to us a diversity of languages; are we to be so foolish as to believe that He only gave one acceptable language for all men by which to call upon His name? My Bible both B’rit Ha-da-shah and Torah, New and Old Testament; says that "it is not God's will that any should perish." This tells me that YHVH has provided an acceptable name for all peoples, in whatever language He has ordained for them to speak. Shabbat Shalom!

Greetings in the name of Jesus;:)

Dear Revlynn:

If I may I would ask you to quote the phase or statement by me where I did " Attribute to people, things they have not said".... I could be wrong, but I am very careful about not using first person phrases, opposed to third person general statements... Other then ask questions, I cannot remember addressing any one personally or in the first person. I am sure some people take my general statements as personal.

Please quote it for me, if you please ?...that I may seek forgiveness and correct and delete the attributed phrase...Thank you...

One more request from anyone; about God, Jesus, Holy spirit being " Separate"...I know one may infer this, but I have never read it actually being spoken as a scripture truth by the Bible...."Separate", if anyone can find that verse for me. Thanks.

I pray my words do not offend, God bless all Christians in forum, and all those who use it.:)

"The Only name which has power and Glory, Is " Jesus". let me not equivocate on this...

If you think Gods Name of Power, Is Jehovah;..Then your a Jehovite or a Witness for Jehovah believer... If you think Gods name of Power is Jesus. Then your a Christians."

This is the same as saying that YHVH will not accept someone which uses a German name for YHVH, or Spanish name, or French name, or Irish name, etc. As if YHVH was not able to know the thoughts of the persons heart. Shalom!

I believe that during the middle ages, it was argued amongst theologians about the number of angels that could perch upon the point of a pin. Man throughout the ages has argued and postulated on many issues theologically. Now I have a simple analogy for your consideration.....

Man (and woman, child, or children) is comprised of 3 parts and yet is one being. Man has a 1) soul, 2) body, 3) and spirit. While man is living, his soul is that portion of him that communes with God (or not to communicate with God). He has a body that exists in the world as a living being as long as he lives. He has a spirit that is the breath of life that God breathes into man.

This is a simply analogy that shows how God created man - the highest creation of God - after His own image. God is a three-in-one being being Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And the creation of man reflects that trinity.

Please note: this is not THEOLOGY. It is simply an analogy to demonstrate the trinity of God and the triune being that man is.

I will not nor never say " What God will do as to salvation" Or as to deny German, English, French or Angolan reverence for God. But people are known by their fruits, if you bear fruits about something such as Jehovah. Then that is how you shall be known... NO embellishments please. I profess Jesus, Who is Christ/ Messiah.

I take issue, with calling God. a three part God or God is three....I have not a problem with man knowing God by three ways, which are one God...But any one who claims God is three....!!! Is to then " quantify God" in heaven and on earth, which God cannot be quantified, being Omnipotent. God is One, or many, including three. Scriptures say, God bears witness of man in heaven in three ways...Meaning Man knows and of witness of the Omnipotent God in three ways. Since Mans wisdom is limited, so is his wisdom of God and Heavenly things; Man should not quantify God by mans Limited wisdom of God.

In Heaven, with the Host of Heaven, God can be three, Four, ten or a Million if God so chooses, since God Is Omnipotent. God cannot be limited to three manifestations of God by man, if he could, he would not then be then Omnipotent. Man can, as I do, claim Knowledge of God in three ways Father,Son and Holy spirit, with a " Trinity of Knowledge of God therein". but to quantify God as three in Heaven, is to limit God in Heaven, which knowledge and Power man cannot do, and adding to Scripture, to then, by mans word, to limit the Omnipotent God: which then boarders on and could be termed Blasphemy. (adding to the word)... Be careful what you lay at the door of God and his word.

What is wisdom of Heaven, is then heavenly wisdom, which is not as earthly wisdom ? Man has problems understanding and receiving the Earthly things of God. Man hears earthly things of God, and believes not; why should he be able to heed or even know the heavenly things of God.

And it is true, God Judges the hearts of men; "but lest man be born again, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

I pray my words do not offend, God bless all Christians in forum and all who use it...:)

As to every Hebrew Speaking Judaic believer before Jesus . Exodus 6:3. "I appeared unto Abraham, Unto, Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, (Elohym), but by my (the) name Jehovah (YHWH) was I not known to them.".. To Jesus and all the prophets and Jews. This translates as " YHWH was not used or Known as my name to the People"..

SpiritofProphecy I think Lynn has covered it quite well so I am going to direct you to her last posting for most of my response. I am not out to win an argument with you but rather to help you seek the truth as all who follow Christ seek to do.

One of the earliest leaders of the churches established by the Apostles is a chap called Ignatius, (a.d. 30–107) said to have been taught by the Apostle John himself alongside Polycarp. Listen to what Ignatius wrote to the Trallians warning them of the heretical teachings that were being circulated by those who were NOT of Christ:-
The Epistle of Ignatius to the Trallians
Chapter VI.—Abstain from the poison of heretics.

They (that is, the HERETICS) introduce God as a Being unknown; they suppose Christ to be unbegotten; and as to the Spirit, they do not admit that He exists. Some of them say that the Son is a mere man, and that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are but the same person, and that the creation is the work of God, not by Christ, but by some other strange power.

It is not without authority that I say that the teaching of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit all being the same person was heretical to the churches of the Apostles and obviously to the Apostles themselves.

Regarding your comment I have quoted above it is important to understand that "God Almighty" is not a name but a description. Basically it means the almighty / supreme Elohiym, " elohiym" being a certain TYPE of being in the same way " man" is used to denote a certain type of flesh and blood being. When YHWH says He was known only as the almighty (that is, supreme) elohiym He is saying they did NOT know His name but referred to Him by description only.

I note you have made several references to YHWH meaning I AM or I AM THAT I AM. What you need to appreciate is that all through the Bible it is often explained what a persons name means. BUT it does not stop it being their REAL name.

The only other thing I think I need to mention is that like all followers of Christ I believe Jesus when He says HE is the way, the truth and the life and NOBODY comes to the Father except by Him. BUT I ALSO believe Jesus when HE says there is only one true God ... And it is not HIM but His Father in Heaven.

Dear Revlynn:

If I may I would ask you to quote the phase or statement by me where I did " Attribute to people, things they have not said".... I could be wrong, but I am very careful about not using first person phrases, opposed to third person general statements... Other then ask questions, I cannot remember addressing any one personally or in the first person. I am sure some people take my general statements as personal.

Please quote it for me, if you please ?...that I may seek forgiveness and correct and delete the attributed phrase...Thank you...

One more request from anyone; about God, Jesus, Holy spirit being " Separate"...I know one may infer this, but I have never read it actually being spoken as a scripture truth by the Bible...."Separate", if anyone can find that verse for me. Thanks.

I pray my words do not offend, God bless all Christians in forum, and all those who use it.:)

I have already given 2 scriptural quotes in comments #15 and #16 which can only be true if Jesus and YHWH are not the same person. But the Bible is full of such passages that can ONLY be true if Jesus and YHWH are not the same person. They are not hard to find which is why I find the persistence of the erroneous belief among so many that they are the same person to be so amazing.

Greetings in the name of Jesus;

Excuse me Mr. Mistmann:

Personally I think your words about Jesus are blasphemy. And I also have been condemned in third person. None of your verses say what you claim..But My verses hold absolute truth of Jesus as " Wonderful counselor, Mighty God, everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Including the consensus Judaic Messiah interpretation. So I shall do the Christian thing, since you refuse to answer my question, about your faith roots and origin as to Doctrinal foundation..... What Christian thing?...I shall claim Love for you; and then ask you.. In Jesus name I ask.." do not post me again"..!

I find your interpretations as trite, without the spirit leading you. Giving A monk and Heretics comment...What non Scripture Blasphemy....I shall be a Heretic then and Join Galileo and Copernicus, and also my truth shall be confirmed by History...

Jesus did not say " It is not him" This is a addition, and a form to quote Jesus as saying this, is Blasphemy...The everlasting Father in heaven, Is Jesus..." Isaiah 9:6. This is the Only definitive scripture on the subject " Child born names shall be called, everlasting Father" case closed....! Gods peace to you; If you are of honor and of God, you will not post me again...! In my opinion...You broke forum rules, about the inerrant word. You Claim something, which exists not. And in my opinion. only a fool of denominational teaching believes this... I asked and had wondered what denomination that is, but it must be secret...? I shall not ask again.. But for the Record,,, I know Jesus is Lord and God. And "YHWH" ( I am), and Jehovah is just what I said it was, not by assumption or poor interpretation by "Precepts of men" you have turned Gods truth " Up side down"...Isaiah 29.

I pray my words do not offend, yet have, God bless all Christians in forum, and all who use it.

Whether the person uses the name Yeshua, Yehweh, Jesus, Heysus, Adonai, is unimportant. What is important is the true gospel message received into the heart, in whatever language the person may understand.
This post already has a big significance in this thread. I agree with it.

There's just a misunderstanding between you both.

REVELATION 19:
12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Greetings in the name of Jesus;

Excuse me Mr. Mistmann:

Personally I think your words about Jesus are blasphemy. And I also have been condemned in third person. None of your verses say what you claim..But My verses hold absolute truth of Jesus as " Wonderful counselor, Mighty God, everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Including the consensus Judaic Messiah interpretation. So I shall do the Christian thing, since you refuse to answer my question, about your faith roots and origin as to Doctrinal foundation..... What Christian thing?...I shall claim Love for you; and then ask you.. In Jesus name I ask.." do not post me again"..!

I find your interpretations as trite, without the spirit leading you. Giving A monk and Heretics comment...What non Scripture Blasphemy....I shall be a Heretic then and Join Galileo and Copernicus, and also my truth shall be confirmed by History...

Jesus did not say " It is not him" This is a addition, and a form to quote Jesus as saying this, is Blasphemy...The everlasting Father in heaven, Is Jesus..." Isaiah 9:6. This is the Only definitive scripture on the subject " Child born names shall be called, everlasting Father" case closed....! Gods peace to you; If you are of honor and of God, you will not post me again...! In my opinion...You broke forum rules, about the inerrant word. You Claim something, which exists not. And in my opinion. only a fool of denominational teaching believes this... I asked and had wondered what denomination that is, but it must be secret...? I shall not ask again.. But for the Record,,, I know Jesus is Lord and God. And "YHWH" ( I am), and Jehovah is just what I said it was, not by assumption or poor interpretation by "Precepts of men" you have turned Gods truth " Up side down"...Isaiah 29.

I pray my words do not offend, yet have, God bless all Christians in forum, and all who use it.

I know you have asked me not to respond but it seems in oversight I did not answer a question you had asked. My apologies I was not aware I had not done so. So you question does not remain unanswered I do not belong to an earthly religion. My allegiance is only to the one to whom all power and authority in Heaven and on Earth has been given, namely Christ Jesus. HE is my Saviour Lord and Sovereign King and Son of YHWH ,God Almighty.

I do not believe the traditions of men where they are contrary to the word of God. I am what some call "Sola Scriptura" in that I hold the word of the Lord in higher authority than the word of any man, church, or religious organisation.

I will also take the opportunity to again verify from the scriptures themselves that Jesus did indeed declare His Father to be the only true God and not Himself for He spoke TO and OF the one who sent Him addressing Him in the THIRD person as one does when one is not talking to one's self but to somebody else.

John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent"

These are the words from the mouth of Jesus Himself and I will believe HIM above the word of all others.

As I have said you are free to believe as you will, I am merely pointing out some facts you might want to consider. Whether you do or not is up to you. I will not stop you from responding, as it is not my place to tell you what you can and cannot do but if you do not want to respond that is OK also.

Sincere regards Misty

Dear Revlynn:

SoP, I did not suggest you were speaking to individuals, but in general you have suggested several times that those who defend the traditional doctrine of the Trinity are seeing Jesus as a "little god", or are saying that there is more than one god. None of us has said that.

You ask for Scriptures about the distinction between Father, Son and Holy Spirit. There are a number, but two that come quickly to mind are:
* Jesus' baptism (Matt 3:16-17) where Jesus is in the water, the Holy Spirit comes upon Him as a dove, and the Father speaks from heaven. Unless we see the three as distinct and separate Persons (but all equally God) this passage makes absolutely no sense.
* Jesus death, where He cried out to the Father "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" Again, unless we see the Father and Jesus as distinct, separate Persons, (but both equally the One God) this verse comes down nonsense.

Finally, (and for this I am donning my Moderator's hat) accusing another member of blasphemy is behaviour that is totally unacceptable in this forum. You say at the bottom of each of your posts that you hope your words do not offend, but it would be just about impossible for anyone not to be offended by such a statement. Kindly refrain from such behaviour in future.

blessings,

Lynn

The Doctrine of the Trinity is part of the required Statement of Faith for this site. While I personally tend to view it as 1) true and 2) non-essential for Salvation, it is part of our site rules. Any violation of the Statement of Faith invalidates membership and results in an automatic ban.

That being said, this thread is dangerously close to being shut down due to the rude and confrontational environment. There are many, many sites on the Internet for that type of debate, but that is not our mission here. We must always be careful how we attack the understandings of other believers, wherever we go. I am constantly surprised by how mean some who claim the blood can be in their dealings with other believers.

Back