James 2:5-7

James 2:5-7 King James Version (KJV)
5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

James 2:5-7 The Voice (VOICE)

5 My dear brothers and sisters, listen: God has picked the poor of this world to become unfathomably rich in faith and ultimately to inherit the Kingdom, which He has pledged to those who love Him. 6 By favoring the rich, you have mocked the poor. And, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it the rich who step on you while climbing the ladder of success? And isn’t it the rich who take advantage of you and drag you into court? 7 Aren’t they the ones mocking the noble name of our God, the One calling us?

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

5 James did not consider the people he spoke to as beneath him or that he was better then them, when we speak to people we are to treat them as equals we are no better then anyone but thru Jesus and having a close fellowship with Him we could be better off then them but we are to share with them how they could be better off. Sometimes struggling with money allows us to trust in the Lord because we don’t have our own things to rely on often times wealth can make people flee away from God but losing causes trusting in Him. He is not saying that the rich don’t love the Lord but saying those who are rich in faith receives His promises.

6 They were mistreating those who stood in need for these poor men to come into the fellowship to be treated like this showed that they had faith which kept them coming their.

7 We are to remember it is Jesus who owns us, if we live this way our way is no longer a factor but we live for Him, it is to die to self realize we are His and not our own.

Back