I've lost the plot

Mr Botardy, you have been kind to me, and I would help if I hada solution. I can pray for you, and since I am Catholic, I will light a candle. I hope that a member will say or know something that will help. I know the magic words, which my father uses when Murphy's Law comes to town. I can't repeat them here.

Mr Botardy, you have been kind to me, and I would help if I hada solution. I can pray for you, and since I am Catholic, I will light a candle. I hope that a member will say or know something that will help. I know the magic words, which my father uses when Murphy's Law comes to town. I can't repeat them here.

I've enjoyed our conversations Ghid. I hope that we all manage to show kindness but really my own motivation I see in that words thread is that you have been fun and interesting to talk to - I certainly don't see myself as making some effort to be kind.

Thanks for the prayer thoughts, they are appreciated. As for me btw, I place myself in one of those "non denominational" areas. I'm most likely to get to an Anglican church and sometimes can have difficulty with some things RC (although some of my relations through family marriages are RC) but I suppose I kind of figure Christ is greater than what often seems to me to be man made differences in belief.

As for me and other things, I really am thinking it is time for me to move on from here. Not so much this thread but with other things. It's quite hard round here being slightly left leaning on the social side of things (eg. if I could apply it, I'd be more Acts 2-45) when things often seem to be so highly politically charged from a right wing (often US) perspective. Then on top of that there is the realisation that none of our political systems will match God's, that plus I'm coming more and more to the belief that we can all to easily create God in our own political visions (so, yes, even my own left leaning is not going to be right...).

So all in all, I try (how often in my life have I tried to do something but find myself doing something else...) to make that move now. If I do manage it, it's been nice knowing you (and others here). If I don't, I guess I'll have to see and hope I don't get into trouble again.

Jon

I've enjoyed our conversations Ghid. I hope that we all manage to show kindness but really my own motivation I see in that words thread is that you have been fun and interesting to talk to - I certainly don't see myself as making some effort to be kind.

Thanks for the prayer thoughts, they are appreciated. As for me btw, I place myself in one of those "non denominational" areas. I'm most likely to get to an Anglican church and sometimes can have difficulty with some things RC (although some of my relations through family marriages are RC) but I suppose I kind of figure Christ is greater than what often seems to me to be man made differences in belief.

As for me and other things, I really am thinking it is time for me to move on from here. Not so much this thread but with other things. It's quite hard round here being slightly left leaning on the social side of things (eg. if I could apply it, I'd be more Acts 2-45) when things often seem to be so highly politically charged from a right wing (often US) perspective. Then on top of that there is the realisation that none of our political systems will match God's, that plus I'm coming more and more to the belief that we can all to easily create God in our own political visions (so, yes, even my own left leaning is not going to be right...).

So all in all, I try (how often in my life have I tried to do something but find myself doing something else...) to make that move now. If I do manage it, it's been nice knowing you (and others here). If I don't, I guess I'll have to see and hope I don't get into trouble again.

Jon

Yes, we have had great conversations. I have learned so much from you. I will miss you if you stop posting. Acts 2:45 is the biography of men like John D Rockfeller and Andrew Carnegie. They sold their possessions, and they gave to the poor. Acts 2:44 is interesting. Do you suppose they shared the women? :)

My aunt just called. I need to go get her at the bus stop. I hope we can continue this conversation.;)

Jon

People in my family deal with addictions along the spectrum from alcohol, drugs, and gambling. I like the smell of stale whiskey and tobacco because my dad’s dad was one of my off-and-on babysitters. My two first books in English were a children’s bible and the Racing Form. They call themselves drunks or addicts. Some of them can’t get driver’s licenses because of too many DUI convictions. At least four have been in jail. Family gossip speculates about how some killed in car wrecks were high or drunk. I’m lucky. I have never had to deal with any on that except that my aunt became my little sister when both her parents were in jail.

My dad has a saying, “If you fall into a toilet, look around for a gold watch.” Somehow I definitely got the gold watch.

With so many sober relatives, I should be an expert on addiction, but I don’t know much about it. I know that they belong to support groups, NA, AA, etc. They use direct language, “I am Joe, and I am a drunk. “I am Josephine and I am an addict.” They have sponsors, who are addicts or drunks who know the situation. They take one day at a time. They deal with the immediate situation, and they change the things that they can. If they can’t change it, then so be it. I have sometimes heard, “If I can’t change it, well f..k it.” OMG TMI.

Now I’m off the Mass for the second time in two days. I will light your candle.

Jon

I forgot to say one thing. My parents trusted my father's father to babysit for his grandchildren. He is an addict, but he is a good person. He has the addiction, but I think he only hurt himself. He certainly never hurt me, and besides he let me read the Racing Form, and he explained the meaning of all the strange words and symbols. :)

Back