Is this true???

Hi friends,

“Always trust in your Jesus Christ. He cares for you and fulfils all your needs,” I read this from GoodNews. What do you say?

Hi,Marcy, and thanks for the interesting question!
In my Bible study time this morning, I was thinking of the Children of Israel wandering around in the desert for forty years.During that time, God led them with a pillar of cloud during the day and a pillar of fire by night. We know that the Israelites were frequently difficult to control. I
was wondering what would have happened if the average Jew,or Moses himself decided that the cloud was too slow, or going the wrong way and tried to PASS! It was never recorded that this happened,but I feel quite sure judgement would have been QUICK!
Likewise,this is a good thought for the modern Christian. Trying to lead ourselves,by going ahead of Jesus ,or going another way, or grumbling (another Israelite problem) about the direction is dangerous.
The Bible says "All things work together for good,to them that love God; to them that are called according to His purpose." Marcy, this verse may seem like a lie at times,but our problem as humans is that we don't think like God ("Your ways are not my ways;neither are your thoughts my thoughts"). Therefore, our view of "good" is not the same as God's.
What would you want in your life to make it "good"? (Like the Pledge of Allegience says"the pursuit of happiness")
You would want good health, good relationships, adequate amounts of money to live a comfortable life; in a word,PEACE!
Jesus said that He brought not peace into the world but a sword! If I understand the Scriptures, Jesus Christ is more interested in your Holiness
than your Happiness. That means,if you have given Him your life by faith and repentence, He wants "good" for you. He wants you to follow Him, and be like Him. The Apostle Paul said "That I may know Him;and the power of His resurrection,and the fellowship of His suffering, being made conformable unto His death." God's plan is to mold your life into the One He loves best...His Son,Jesus! To do that , you are going to be changed by Him ,by suffering ,by obedience,by temptation, into conforming to the Image of Christ.
Think of ALL the Christians,REAL CHRISTIANS, that you know. Are any of them without pain or illness all the time? Are they financially comfortable? Are all their relationships good? Are they ever "down"? Of course. "And all that will live godly in Christ Jesus SHALL
SUFFER PERSECUTION!" The reason that this teaching is not popular in the modern church is that they have no intention of suffering or doing without,or complete obedience to the Will of God. The crowds would go "ZIP"! The parking lot would clear in a hurry.
So ,Marcy, the answer is that this statement from the GoodNews is correct, if you understand the question. Your job,as Christian, is Christ following. That comes through Bible study,church attendance,prayer,and godly living. Your expectation should be that,yes,He cares for you more than you can ever know, but He wants what is best for you,not what you think is best for you.To that end, Jesus has promised to take care of all your needs that are going to help you grow into the Image of Christ.
The book,Marcy, that helped me understand all this was " God Has a Wonderful Plan for your Life" by Ray Comfort. That book was being given away free on his website.They were even paying shipping and handling! Rather than breaking site rules, if interested,you should "Google" up "God has a wonderful plan for your life" by Ray Comfort.

God bless, and hang in there!
Julian of York
"And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness,quietness and assurance forever." Isaiah 32:17

Hi friends,

“Always trust in your Jesus Christ. He cares for you and fulfils all your needs,” I read this from GoodNews. What do you say?
Yeah, I would say it's true, but I also agree with Julian. What God thinks we need isn't always the same thing that we think we need.

Back