Is this statement right or wrong?

A couple of years ago (say 3 years) I was watching this Documentary about a group of radical Christians being led by the Holy Spirit to specific places of the world to preach the gospel, pray for others including healing etc etc.

One thing (unsettling to me) was what one of these men said while witnessing to a group of non-believers:

"There are many gods but only one Jesus".

I'm not sure how to understand this sort of statement, as I believe that, Jesus is God anyway.

The Director has a series of documentaries showing the viewers different stories/testimonies of the group travelling around world, even being able to enter the Muslim temple in Jerusalem (fyi you must be Muslim to enter the temple).

Melizza Greetings,
My take is a simple one
There are many gods (little g) in this world. Many are man made However scripture tells us satan is the god of this world or world system.

Hence there are many god's as the man said.

Scripture tells us that Jesus is The Only Way To God.
None of these other so called gods can get you qualified to gain access into Heaven.

Hence but there is Only One Jesus. As the man said.
He is thee only way to the Father our creator and God.
Blessings
FCJ

Jesus' words:

John 10:34 (KJV)
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?​

the verse He references:

Psalms 82:6 (KJV)
I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.​

The word gods here is the same word for God Almighty... God of the bible: elohim. So what does elohim really mean?

In a nutshell, it means supreme ones. Therefore, ones in authority. I am the god of my house, the police are the gods of the law of the land, the judge is the god of justice, Satan is the god of the powers of the air. In Hebrew each letter has its own meaning. el (אל) is the singular form of elohim (אלהים). The letter meaning of el (אל) is "strength" (א) "authority" (ל). That's it. gods means "one in authority".

For now a quick reminder to think before you post.
This could quickly turn into a thread about is Jesus God and those tend to get argumentative quickly.

Blessings
FCJ

Wouldn't that be something worth arguing about Jim????

Please do not take this the wrong way, but CFS (Not you) has banned any conversation on Bible matters to the point that there is not a lot left to discuss except maybe how cute I am. Now I know that is a subject that would be helpful to everyone but is it actually reality?

For one, I am for talking about the important things of Scripture that applies to life and reality and gets down into the mud and blood of real life.

Wouldn't that be something worth arguing about Jim????

Please do not take this the wrong way, but CFS (Not you) has banned any conversation on Bible matters to the point that there is not a lot left to discuss except maybe how cute I am. Now I know that is a subject that would be helpful to everyone but is it actually reality?

For one, I am for talking about the important things of Scripture that applies to life and reality and gets down into the mud and blood of real life.

Hi Major,
I agree that there are too many topics banned for discussion in the open forum.

Now then sir what sets cfs apart from other so called Christian sites is that you don't find groups of members constantly arguing amongst one another or Constantly ganging up on others that speak the truth just because some are full of them selves and are always correct.

Further more it is Not the staff of cfs that decides what gets banned and what does not. No Sir it is the members.

After so many warnings about proper Christian Conduct are issued and some members feal they just have to be heard and ignore staff warnings over and over on a paticular subject, well sir it gets heavily moderated and or closed and frowned on.

Once I became part of the cfs team I began to understand this much clearer and changed how I viewed certain topics posted in the open forum.

Discussing things us Awesome but bickering and arguing only brings strife and where there is strife there us also all kinds of evil and nothing more can be gained or learned after this point.

So yes sir I agree I would also enjoy discussing more things but if members turn to constant bickering on certain topics then is it not better to simply not talk about them or allow them and fill the forum with fleshly attitudes and push away those who truly want to grow in Christian ?

Have a very blessed day
FCJ

Hi Major,
I agree that there are too many topics banned for discussion in the open forum.

Now then sir what sets cfs apart from other so called Christian sites is that you don't find groups of members constantly arguing amongst one another or Constantly ganging up on others that speak the truth just because some are full of them selves and are always correct.

Further more it is Not the staff of cfs that decides what gets banned and what does not. No Sir it is the members.

After so many warnings about proper Christian Conduct are issued and some members feal they just have to be heard and ignore staff warnings over and over on a paticular subject, well sir it gets heavily moderated and or closed and frowned on.

Once I became part of the cfs team I began to understand this much clearer and changed how I viewed certain topics posted in the open forum.

Discussing things us Awesome but bickering and arguing only brings strife and where there is strife there us also all kinds of evil and nothing more can be gained or learned after this point.

So yes sir I agree I would also enjoy discussing more things but if members turn to constant bickering on certain topics then is it not better to simply not talk about them or allow them and fill the forum with fleshly attitudes and push away those who truly want to grow in Christian ?

Have a very blessed day
FCJ

Thanks Jim.

A couple of years ago (say 3 years) I was watching this Documentary about a group of radical Christians being led by the Holy Spirit to specific places of the world to preach the gospel, pray for others including healing etc etc.

One thing (unsettling to me) was what one of these men said while witnessing to a group of non-believers:

I'm not sure how to understand this sort of statement, as I believe that, Jesus is God anyway.

The Director has a series of documentaries showing the viewers different stories/testimonies of the group travelling around world, even being able to enter the Muslim temple in Jerusalem (fyi you must be Muslim to enter the temple).
I see nothing wrong with the statements. There are many gods (small g). But only one Jesus, who is true God (capital G, emphasis being only true God)

Honestly, I think the word god is used too much; a lot of the time it is used in a way which is blaspheming.
The word God isn't spread enough I feel, however that just me view. ;)

Well, we could get into the history of the word "god" which has fuzzy Germanic, Anglo-saxon roots, was not a word known by the Jews or the early Christians, and the exact origin and meaning is debated....OR we could fairly take into consideration what a person means when they say it. (Context.)
I think it is screamingly clear that the person meant nothing bad by what they said and were trying to lead folks to the one true God and Savior.

It would appear that IS what they meant by the statement.

Honestly, I think the word god is used too much; a lot of the time it is used in a way which is blaspheming.
The word God isn't spread enough I feel, however that just me view. ;)
I agree and call you one step deeper. lol sounds like we are playing poker.

Any way what I wanted to say was that anytime we as people put things ahead of God making them the most important things in our lives we have made them as god in our lives.

Easy example.....Money....
Some folks wrap their entire life around money. Making money comes before anything including God and His ways.

Scripture tells us we can not serve both God and money (not a true quote)
Any way I will stop here before I take this thread in a different direction
Blessings
FCJ

I agree and call you one step deeper. lol sounds like we are playing poker.

Any way what I wanted to say was that anytime we as people put things ahead of God making them the most important things in our lives we have made them as god in our lives.

Easy example.....Money....
Some folks wrap their entire life around money. Making money comes before anything including God and His ways.

Scripture tells us we can not serve both God and money (not a true quote)
Any way I will stop here before I take this thread in a different direction
Blessings
FCJ
Amen to that brother. (y)

Now confused even greater than before.
The Spirit of God is not one of confusion.
So my dear sister, listen to what you wrote and drive out that spirit of confusion.

Now on my end it's easy.
I took a piece, a little part , not the complete wording and made the point to point this fact out. Pretty simple really.
BLessings

crownoflife, I think Fish Catcher Jim is trying to say he has adapted a passage to make a point rather the write the passage out in full.
I see what he has done...Jim, for crownoflife's benefit, could you post the passage you adapted to ease confusion? :)

crownoflife, I think Fish Catcher Jim is trying to say he has adapted a passage to make a point rather the write the passage out in full.
I see what he has done...Jim, for crownoflife's benefit, could you post the passage you adapted to ease confusion? :)
crownoflife
Matthew 6:24
No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Luke 6:13
No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

Blessings
FCJ

crownoflife
Matthew 6:24
No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Luke 6:13
No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

Blessings
FCJ
Great passages; its sad that the world resolves around money - we must always put God above all. This is a vital reminder. (y)

Great passages; its sad that the world resolves around money - we must always put God above all. This is a vital reminder. (y)
God knows we need money here on this earth and has no problem with us having it.

That is why it is said The Love Of Money is the root of all evil.
Money is neither bad or good and it all depends on how it is used.
Blessings
FCJ

Back