Is the bible anti?

Kia Ora Everyone!

Just wanted to share something and ask everyone's opinions as I have no clue about this matter, but a friend of mine that likes the same sex was sent an email from a Pastor/Bishop pretty much telling him to commit suicide because it was against gods wishes and the bible?

Is this true? Thoughts?10844798_10203991525760718_1267633204_o.jpg

Highly complex matters they face :LOL:. L = submitting to flesh, not spirit. G = submitting to flesh, not spirit. B = submitting to flesh, not spirit. T = submitting to flesh, not spirit. Help them = Rom 8:13...not a 'full book' :giggle: :rolleyes:.

Kia Ora Everyone!

Just wanted to share something and ask everyone's opinions as I have no clue about this matter, but a friend of mine that likes the same sex was sent an email from a Pastor/Bishop pretty much telling him to commit suicide because it was against gods wishes and the bible?

Is this true? Thoughts?
Your friend is the gay Christian who wrote the book?

I don't like his choice of words but in a nutshell he is not far wrong as....if you want to continue in a mortal sin after knowing the truth and then want to write a book about it to encourage many to do likewise...you are better off killing yourself then having God get hold of you. Matt 18:6 If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

You have to try understand things from the pastors perspective. He and I see your friend as a false teacher. Is there a worse person on this planet? Someone preaching tripe whilst knowing better / the truth / scripture. That is exactly what the devil does. How is it not? Eternal hell > torture or death on earth. They are the absolute worst of the worst enemy.

Rom 16:17-18 I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naïve.

Matt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

2 John 1:10-11 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

2 Pet 2:1-22 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment; if he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard) if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority.

Last edited:
While homosexually is sin, sin is not won with hate but with love which should not be confused with acceptance, this one who wrote this letter was in the wrong.

This "pastor" is committing a far more grievous sin of direct hate against his own brother. He slandered him and told him to kill himself -- and he cursed God's name in the process of doing all of this.

I had to research Pastor Logan Robertson.

Anyway, is what he said right? He is clearly missing the point of the gospel. To begin, while the scriptures speak directly on homosexuality, it says nothing about promoting homophobia. And in fact, the point homosexuality being wrong is because it's a disruption of God's sacrament of matrimony. Homosexuality isn't the only disruption for it -- polygamy, incest, divorce, open marriages, abuse, etc. etc. -- these are all things the scriptures speak against directly because of matrimony. And the main reason why marriage is meant to be preserved under God's blueprint is for Godly charity, not hate of those who disrupt it.

This pastor is being a major hypocrite because 1) he doesn't understand why this passage says what it says, he only knows what it says. 2) As a pastor, he has an obligation to live a devoutly charitable, manly, and wise life. Instead, he responded as a hateful and childish fool. 3) There is a such thing as tough love -- you say exactly what needs to be said knowing it may hurt and even create division, but you do with the hope that it may sink in and help the other person. I wouldn't be surprised if he was masking this statement as "tough love." It's not. It was hate. And to tell someone to kill himself, you may as well say this to Christ himself, because our love for mankind is supposed to be caused by our initial love for Christ. I have seen, so many times, people demeaning others and saying absolutely horrid things and claiming it as tough love. "Well, Jesus tossed over tables and yelled at the heretics and peddlers." This sort of false justification for speaking hatefully without filter is such a problem.

Pastor Logan Robertson, if he hasn't resigned or been kicked out of the pastorate, he absolutely needs to because he does not have his act together. Can you imagine someone like this leading a flock?

Last edited:
This makes me quite upset.

So, some of my friends went to an Old Paths baptist church and it was so hateful that they had to leave.

This pastor is out of line. He can still speak truth, but he's got to walk in grace as well. You never see someone becoming a Christian when someone shows them hate. In fact, it pushes them farther away from God. When I was atheist, I was told this by pastors and Christians all the time: Just kill yourself. Simply because I didn't believe in a god. This didn't make me want to know this God that they served, because if Christians, who are supposed to present God act like that, then God must act like that.

However, when we judge this pastor, it's not going to prove anything or help the situation. We must pray and ask God to open up His eyes to love others.

It's sad and upsetting knowing that this happened.

This sort of thing worries me... I really don't like it when folks come on here to scandalize churches - no matter how good or bad their motives may be....

Do we need to have compassion for LGBT folks because we recognize the depths of sin within our own hearts? Yes, absolutely. We must have compassion because God has granted ME forgiveness, grace, and mercy to cover what lives within my own heart.....

Do we need to take action to empower more people to seek out LGBT or to have focus groups to help people feel better about their chosen lifestyle?

No... See... When we seek to make people happy where they are by making Sin into Not-sin... We also shut the door on Repentance and leaning HARD on God continually.... We shut the door on Overcoming....

Yes - the daily overcoming of the sin in our lives is extremely difficult. It's an every single day struggle... but it's critically important... AND... That's why it's critically important not to blind ourselves to the sin that lives within us... One reason it's so hard is that at it's root is our own "Self-will"... We want to do what we want to do.... and we don't like it when people say "That's not God's way".....

Thanks

I would say, as other posters have said, that the Pastor is more in the wrong. Apparently he has not read what will happen to him (Pastor) when he passes.

This sort of thing worries me... I really don't like it when folks come on here to scandalize churches - no matter how good or bad their motives may be....

Do we need to have compassion for LGBT folks because we recognize the depths of sin within our own hearts? Yes, absolutely. We must have compassion because God has granted ME forgiveness, grace, and mercy to cover what lives within my own heart.....

Do we need to take action to empower more people to seek out LGBT or to have focus groups to help people feel better about their chosen lifestyle?

No... See... When we seek to make people happy where they are by making Sin into Not-sin... We also shut the door on Repentance and leaning HARD on God continually.... We shut the door on Overcoming....

Yes - the daily overcoming of the sin in our lives is extremely difficult. It's an every single day struggle... but it's critically important... AND... That's why it's critically important not to blind ourselves to the sin that lives within us... One reason it's so hard is that at it's root is our own "Self-will"... We want to do what we want to do.... and we don't like it when people say "That's not God's way".....

Thanks

We do need compassion on everyone, but not false compassion. The other extreme is suggesting that the LGBT crowd is doing nothing wrong in embracing their struggle as something OK. I've also seen people apologizing to the LGBT crowd on behalf of Christians for being bigoted and following up with "There's nothing wrong with you."

The answer is...yes, there is. We're all sinners, and each of us struggle with something different. Having same-sex attraction isn't in itself the sin (though I know people disagree), but pursuing it, even mentally (ie, lustful thoughts, etc.) is in itself the problem. The individual really has to reject it, pray for mercy and help, work toward closeness with God. That applies to every single one of us, especially since we all struggle with lust to some degree. We're all guilty of that. But it doesn't permit that it's OK if we pursue it. That's a real problem.

Last edited:
Back