1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Is Muhammad mentioned as "Spirit Of Truth" in the bible?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Zee, Jan 4, 2016.

1. #1 Zee, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    Jesus says: John 16:7-14
    7"But I tell you the truth, it is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you;"
    Jesus is not talking about himself if I don't go he won't come but if I go I will send him.

If it is the "Holy Spirit"

Jesus said: "for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come" so that mean the Holy Spirit was not there with him, This helper or this comforter was not there with him because if it is the "Holy Spirit" than it doesn't make sense because in the book of :

Luke 1:41 it tells us that Elizabeth had the Holy Ghost the holy spirit because Jesus was born. Did She? than it says and John the Baptist had the Holy Ghost from his mothers womb. Did he?

than it tells us that this Holy Spirit was helping Jesus in his ministry was helping the disciples because when they went out on the mission of preaching and healing I am asking with who's help ? if not the help of the Holy Spirit.

Than before Jesus parted, he said receive ye the holy ghost. (John 20:22)

Receive mean: like I am saying receive this book but I won't give it to you. You think that's what Jesus did. He says receive ye the holy ghost did they or didn't they?

Some answered they received it on his resurrection!
    Jesus say receive now, not when you die or when you resurrected you will get this book!
    He say receive ye the holy ghost!

Did Elizabeth had the holy ghost?
    Did John the Baptist had the holy Ghost?

If our answer is YES! than it doesn't make sense again Jesus says if I don't go he won't come but it is there already with everybody. Everybody seems to have the holy ghost

In contrary Jesus says in John 16:7-14
    7"But I tell you the truth, it is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you;

Jesus is not talking about himself if I don't go he won't come but if I go I will send him.

8"And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged. 12"I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come 14"He will glorify Me..."

If we analyze this verse Jesus is not talking about the holy spirit that's what we are thinking. Jesus is talking about a person because if you analyze bible language spirit word used for prophets as well.

1 John 4:1 says:
    Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world

Isaiah 29:12
    12Then the book will be given to the one who is illiterate, saying, "Please read this." And he will say, "I cannot read."

If we analyze these verses, they fits exactly to Muhammad because this is the fulfillment of the prophecy in the Bible. If you read any biography of Muhammad written by Muslims or Non Muslims they will tell you that Muhammad can't read or write.

For instance if we believe Muhammad is the author of Quran than why did he elevate Jesus instead of himself.

(Jesus says: John 16:14 " He will Glorify me " )

Please explain this.
  2. Islam teaches that God has no Son, therefore Jesus isn't God's Son per their beliefs. Read the word of God which says Jesus is the Son of God. Understand that this is is a Christian site, not a Muslim site. The Holy Spirit is how Jesus fulfilled the Father's wishes. The Holy Spirit is how we fulfill God's wishes. Mohamed has nothing to do with God or the truth. What's the difference between Islam and Christianity? Christ gave us power, His Holy Spirit, the same Spirit that He used to do the things He did, 1 Cor 2:4-5; 1 Cor 4:19-20.
    KingJ and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  3. #3 KingJ, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    1. If the Holy Spirit is a person why does it have to be Muhammad and not one of the many other professing prophets out there?

2. Muhammad's teaching and actions did not emulate ANY of the earlier prophets in scripture...let alone come anywhere close to Jesus. He was almost a perfect opposite to Jesus's teachings and actions.

3. Islam misses the boat / point of God's word to mankind. If God's word was simply a list of rules and regulations God would have sent one person and the word of God would have been one book with all His requests of us. That person would likley have been an Abel, Abraham or Moses....not in a million years a Muhammad....only 1400 years ago....

The point of God giving us His word from so many prophets / His selecting of Abraham and Jacob / His Son dying on the cross for us..... is all when added together evidence of a plan for mankind's salvation VS a simple brain dead rule book. Anyone with half a working brain can formulate a rule book from scriptures. Starting a religion is hardly a work of genius.
  4. #4 Zee, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016

This is amazing situation we say that you must have the spirit to understand the Bible before you can understand the bible and everybody claims to have the spirit there are thousands who claim and they all got the spirit and they all go in different direction!

Now how are we going to arrive truth unless we use our God given intelligence because one man said look there is a trinity in the bible and other say there is no trinity in the bible. One say when you take this piece of bread it becomes a flesh of Jesus when you drink the wine it becomes the blood of Jesus literally in a mystical way. The other follower say no it is metaphorical now who has got the spirit? I want to know which guy are you going to believe.
  5. There is no mention of the heretic, Muhammad in scripture. He doesn't figure in anything ever written in scripture, except he may be included as one of the many false prophets who were to come. He never elevated Jesus, nor did he fulfill any prophecy. It is clear you have a very poor understanding of the Holy Spirit, who is a Person, and the third Person of the Godhead. After Jesus ascended into heaven, He sent the Holy Spirit, who has been continually working in the hearts of men---to the earth to do the works of Christ in the world through His people, and to empower them all. Before that time, Holy Spirit would only be available to certain people and for a certain time. Now, since His coming, He is available to all believers, and reveals truth to unbeli8evers, and is here in our world consistently. He is the Spirit of Christ working in the hearts of men.

6. You will never discover truth using your intelligence. Truth can only be realized through the ministration of the Holy Spirit on our hearts and minds. You have put your finger on just the kind of nonsense that happens when people resort to thinking too much and not allowing Holy Spirit to do what He was sent to do: to lead us into all truth and to teach us.

Choose to read the word and allow Holy Spirit to open its truth up to you. It will be unmistakable.

7. The Holy Spirit, also known as the Spirit of truth, is not nor was he ever called "Muhammad". That would be "blasphemy" against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven. Declaring the Holy Spirit to be something he is not is very very dangerous especially when we think him as being evil.

John 15:26.. But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 14:26.. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 14:26.. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
  8. Not every one who says they are a child of God are a child of God, neither is every one who says they have the Spirit of God, have the Spirit of God. There are many deceivers in this world as Satan deceives many into thinking what is truth when it is not true at all. Those who belong to God know without any doubt they are, and the Lord God knows them that are his. The reason why true believers know they are God's children is because they know him personally, they do not know about God, and in what he has said, but they know him face to face, as anyone would know their best friend.
    Euphemia likes this.
  9. In the Old Testament, and most of all the New Testament Gospels were written about the time in which Jesus and his disciples walked under the Old Testament.
    Under the Old Testament the Holy Spirit was upon the Prophets, and Kings anointed by the Prophets, but only "temporarily". When there mission was completed the Holy Spirit was removed. John the Baptist was born filled with the Holy Spirit so he could fulfill his mission given him by God. Once his mission was completed the Holy Spirit would have been removed, as we see while John was in prison, and his mission already being completed by confirming that Jesus Christ as the messiah, and the lamb of God, he began to doubt weather Jesus really was the messiah. This would have never happened if he was still filled with the Spirit of God.
    In the New Testament the Holy Spirit comes and makes his home "permanently" inside a believer, and will never leave them. This permanent situation could only happen after Jesus died, and being raised from the dead, there by Jesus sending forth the Holy Spirit to indwell a believer permanently. After Jesus was raised from the dead he appeared to his disciples and he "breathed" upon them and said, "receive ye the Holy Ghost"
    Being born of the Spirit of God, and being filled with the Spirit of God are two different things. One is for "salvation", the other is for "empowering for service"

John 20:22.. And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

Later Jesus told his disciples to wait in Jerusalem until they were "endured with power from on high"

Jesus said......

Luke 24:49.. And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
    Euphemia likes this.