1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Is Masturbation Normal?

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Damaris, Feb 19, 2014.

1. I am a Christian girl, and I've traditionally had a negative view of masturbation. However, my best friend (a non-Christian guy) tells me that ALL guys masturbate and that it's a necessary biological function for maintaining good health. So here's my question for Christian men: from your honest experience, is this true?
  2. I agree. I'm a married man with a very willing wife and I still feel the need sometimes. It is possible to not masturbate, but it becomes almost impossible for us to control our lustful thoughts, and it actually changes the way that we think. The Bible mentions that lusting for a woman is considered the same as actually committing adultry, so I have often seen masturbation as a way to clear my mind and prevent me from falling into temptation.

The urge for us men is overpowering, but if we wait long enough, we will have a wet dream. A wet dream is a sexually themed dream during which we actually orgasm in the real world. I've generally found that waiting that long causes my thoughts to become very corrupted, and I've found myself doing things that are clearly wrong.

The Bible doesn't even mention masturbation. The closest reference is the ceremonial cleanliness that was an important part of Israel's laws. The Bible states the process for dealing with ceremonial uncleanliness after having a discharge (even in your sleep). In my opinion, even then it wasn't considered a sin, and I don't believe that ceremonial cleanliness applies to us; I believe that Jesus changed a lot for us.

Is there anything else you wanted to know?
    Damaris likes this.
  3. Gal_6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Rom_8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom_7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

What Paul find to fix this?

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
    Rom_8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The flesh likes to Masturbate. What scripture say to do?

Jesus did not make a way to follow after the flesh and things continue to be OK. He made a way through the Spirit to over come the flesh.

Continuing to follow after the lust of our flesh, and giving in will just make it more hungry and make us weaker in spiritual things. I pick the things of the Spirit.
  4. Your opinion is very noble, and I respect you for that.

However, from my point of view, by the same token, one could use such verses to discourage other desires of the flesh, such as enjoying delicious food, or enjoying a relaxing back massage. Are those harmless delights wrong because they are also desires of the flesh? The Bible is very efficient at listing and discouraging the many sins that humanity delights in. Considering that masturbation is something that (I presume) almost everyone experiences or thinks about, it makes sense that the Bible would directly forbid it.

I have come to believe that masturbation is possible without succumbing to lusting after a woman (which is forbidden). I believe that it can be performed without sinning......
  5. I never called Masturbation a sin.
    Jesus never said lusting after a women was sin.

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Jesus said the sin is committed where?

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
    (Jas 1:15)

Jesus was speaking of the first step, drawn and enticed. The adultery is in the heart, If that is allowed to capture, or take hold (conceived) Then it can bring fourth sin. It's when the sin is finished, that is the bad part as all sin leads to death.

Jesus went on to say that instead of that happening, it best to take out your eye, before that is brought fourth and finished unto death.

Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

The eye looking at and lusting after the women part offend you by having adultery started in your heart then Jesus said best to remove the eye. The sin finished part is where Hell comes into play.

I would rather have Duct tape over the eyes until they behave.

Any provision for the flesh, even good things is still walking after the flesh. There should be a warning sign there.

Apple Pie is good, but the whole Pie, not so good.
  6. I think that I might be missing the points that you are making, could you extrapolate?
  7. Idk
    I wouldn't have responded to the OP
  8. Practice not letting the flesh not dictate action. Do I seek a great foot rub as opposed to being thankful someone offered me one.

Like the guy that will drive 5 miles at 3am because he ran out of cigarets is something controlling us. We have to eat or things needful for the body, but allowing things to pull on the flesh and giving in is not the best option.

Is my 40,000 dollar bass boat make me want to fish all the time, or can I just enjoy it without the pull. Each persons conscience would determine a whole lot of things and we should not judge.

Also don't give them your e-mail whatever that means.
    God_be_with_you likes this.
  9. (y):)
  10. To get a little more in depth, can you expound on your negative view?
  11. Well, the Bible doesn't mention masturbation, and maybe masturbation without sexual thoughts is okay, as sometimes if you are single or you can't have sex you can't handle, and if you handle too much, you'll get very stressed and anxious.
  12. I agree with you, Polly.......
  13. Is she saying she Masturbates to much that causes her Stress or is she saying Not Masturbating causes her stress. I did not understand her wording here.
  14. Why not?
  15. Handling the sexual arousal and not doing anything to that thing causes anxiety and stress. That's what I mean.
  16. Just so we're clear; you're saying:

Handling the sexual urge through masturbation relieves the sexual stress and NOT doing so increases the sexual urge/stress?
  17. No. Handling means that you don't do anything to the sexual urge. No sex, no masturbation, nothing.
  18. Okay, thank you for clarifying. :)
  19. You're welcome.
  20. OK, I think what Polly was saying is that She likes to Masturbate. Glad that got clarified.

I guess my question to Polly is........... is there any guilt for Masturbating or you OK with it? The original OP was not so sure.

Keep in mind my stance is that everything we get control over the flesh on, the better off we are. I am not judgeing on way or the other. I think we all need to strive to give in less and less to the flesh.

I don't believe in this right or wrong wanking yourself off theory. I believe God wants us to get stronger and be more spirit minded and less flesh minded as we walk with Christ.
    AllieWi likes this.