Is Judas Iscariot In Heaven.

If the Lord has to say, "yes" to everything, before man or Satan can do anything, then there would be no such a thing as free choice. Even angels have free choice. Satan entered Judas because Judas let him in, not because the Lord allowed him to.

John 13:2= And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;

John 13:27= And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
John 13:28= Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.

Luke 22:2= And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.
Luke 22:3= Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.
Luke 22:4= And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.
Luke 22:5= And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money.
Luke 22:6= And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them in the absence of the multitude.

If God gives the approval for Satan to enter Judas, and since Jesus is God, why would God (Jesus) be troubled in his Spirit because of what Judas was about to do?

John 13:21= When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

Let's look at the troubled spirit of Judas.

One he did not really believe in the divinity of Jesus.
Two he was of old wine and still believed in the authority of the human priests over Jesus, because he did not believe Jesus to be God.
Three Jesus did not come to smite the romans and free the jews, hence Judas realised he was not the desired messiah.

This was troubling his soul.

Now as for the enemy to interact with you you look at Job. In it God allows the adversary to test him.
When he did it again to Jesus, Jesus rebuked him over and over; but that temptation was allowed to happen.

The enemy is ONLY given power to interact by the sovereign authority of God within his plans of Glory.

Same as with the angels can ONLY interact if given permission from their liege. If the enemy or the angels could go willy nilly and do as they pleased, God would not be a King.

Acts 1:24. And they prayed and said, "You, Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which one of these two you have chosen
Acts 1:25. to take the place in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place."
So, depending on our understanding of hell, it could be that either Judas is in hell or, a special place of torment other than the usual place......solitary confinement?

Acts 1:24. And they prayed and said, "You, Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which one of these two you have chosen
Acts 1:25. to take the place in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place."
So, depending on our understanding of hell, it could be that either Judas is in hell or, a special place of torment other than the usual place......solitary confinement?

I would say hades until the time for the judgement.

Two he was of old wine and still believed in the authority of the human priests over Jesus, because he did not believe Jesus to be God.
Three Jesus did not come to smite the romans and free the jews, hence Judas realised he was not the desired messiah.

Now as for the enemy to interact with you you look at Job. In it God allows the adversary to test him.
When he did it again to Jesus, Jesus rebuked him over and over; but that temptation was allowed to happen.

The enemy is ONLY given power to interact by the sovereign authority of God within his plans of Glory.

Same as with the angels can ONLY interact if given permission from their liege. If the enemy or the angels could go willy nilly and do as they pleased, God would not be a King.

Are you trying to suggest that it was "Judas" who was troubled in spirit?

John 13:21= After he had said this, Jesus was troubled in spirit and testified, "Very truly I tell you, one of you is going to betray me." (KJV)

If all that was required of God to destroy the works of Satan is by just saying "no" to him, then it seems like Jesus went through whole lot of suffering for nothing.

Jesus (God) told Satan not to tempt the Lord thy God, and yet he keep tempting him. Did God (Jesus) give Satan permission to tempt him?

Mat 4:7= Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Mat 4:8= Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9= And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Mat 4:10= Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Evidently Satan is not a very good listener. No wonder he is a liar, and does not abide in the truth.

Last edited:
He probably would have made a great martyr if he had seen the resurrection.

I'm not so sure every single baby that dies goes to heaven. Everyone is tested before god.

What does a baby have to be tested? The only way I can see a baby going to hell is if God predestined it to go to hell. Babies don't even know what sin is, or what God is so I don't see how they could be held accountable.

What does a baby have to be tested? The only way I can see a baby going to hell is if God predestined it to go to hell. Babies don't even know what sin is, or what God is so I don't see how they could be held accountable.
This fits in with my view of hell and the after life. Also catholic theology suggests a state of limbo. Imagine if Hitler died as a baby...would he be in heaven or would God maybe have another way of testing him?

All that is just not scriptural...

Fascinating 6 word response. That completely shook my world.
sarcasm.jpg

If Hitler died as a baby he wouldn't have done any evil deeds.

But the whole point is that he would have if he lived longer. So potentially any baby can grow up to become evil.

Fascinating 6 word response. That completely shook my world.
sarcasm.jpg

But the whole point is that he would have if he lived longer. So potentially any baby can grow up to become evil.
Yes, but he didn't. So he'd be judged for deeds he didn't do and not accepting Christ, which he never had the chance to do? That seems strange.

I'm not trying to be rude but I don't understand your position. Can you explain?

You said "Same as with the angels can ONLY interact if given permission from their liege. If the enemy or the angels could go willy nilly and do as they pleased, God would not be a King"

I don't understand your thinking. So why did Lucifer rebel and 1/3 of the angels rebelled against God? Was this not their choice?

And for those who don't believe in free will. Why? I don't think Jesus would die for people who He predestined to go to hell...

Yes, but he didn't. So he'd be judged for deeds he didn't do and not accepting Christ, which he never had the chance to do? That seems strange.

I'm not trying to be rude but I don't understand your position. Can you explain?

OK so two views, the babies that die are all part of god's plan and are all saved. This leaves some problems, first babies have no chance to grow up and to be tested. So the easy way to go to heaven is to get killed as a baby. Even if the person would grow up to be a serial killer, they would still be saved. That's the only part that bothers me.

Theory two babies are allowed to grow after they die and are tested by god to see what they will do. This is a special exception or if you're catholic limbo.

OK so two views, the babies that die are all part of god's plan and are all saved. This leaves some problems, first babies have no chance to grow up and to be tested. So the easy way to go to heaven is to get killed as a baby. Even if the person would grow up to be a serial killer, they would still be saved. That's the only part that bothers me.

Theory two babies are allowed to grow after they die and are tested by god to see what they will do. This is a special exception or if you're catholic limbo.
Does salvation play any role in this? If a person grew up and became a serial killer he could still be saved and go to heaven if he accepted Jesus and changed his ways. I don't see how your view would account for that.

I mean, for all we know Hitler is in heaven.

Does salvation play any role in this? If a person grew up and became a serial killer he could still be saved and go to heaven if he accepted Jesus and changed his ways. I don't see how your view would account for that.

I mean, for all we know Hitler is in heaven.

"hitler was in heaven" Two things Christianity is more than believing and remember true believers bear GOOD FRUIT.
I dunno - I think the catholics gave up on Limbo....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo I remember in the 70's that limbo was dropped not that I see it in the first link until the end part (modern era)

Ok you are correct there. The belief of limbo has been dropped.

"hitler was in heaven" Two things Christianity is more than believing and remember true believers bear GOOD FRUIT.

Ok you are correct there. The belief of limbo has been dropped.
I would agree but I believe a true change of heart and the intention to do good can lead to Salvation. Otherwise recently saved people who die will go to hell, which I don't believe is accurate.

Back