Is Jesus Your Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Jesus your foundation... your beginning and your first principles. Meaning His lifestyle and ways are where your foundation starts. His principles are your principles?
Do you make your lifestyle conform to what the Word of God says? Or do you pick Scriptures to justify living your life however you want? Which is making the Word of God fit your lifestyle.

Jesus and His way of living, and His principles, and His lifestyle of obedience to God's Word should be the foundation where our lives and walk with Christ begins. The Bible says in Ephesians 5:1 be imitators of God as beloved Children ( or in other words like a child would imitate their parents...being we are God's children...Galatians 3:26). And Paul says in 1 Corinthians 11:1 you should imitate me as i imitate Christ.

According to the grace (the special endowment for my task) of God bestowed on me, like a skillful architect and master builder I laid [the] foundation, and now another [man] is building upon it. But let each [man] be careful how he builds upon it, For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is [already] laid, which is Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). But if anyone builds upon the Foundation, whether it be with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, The work of each [one] will become [plainly, openly] known (shown for what it is); for the day [of Christ] will disclose and declare it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test and critically appraise the character and worth of the work each person has done. If the work which any person has built on this Foundation [any product of his efforts whatever] survives [this test], he will get his reward. But if any person's work is burned up [under the test], he will suffer the loss [of it all, losing his reward], though he himself will be saved, but only as [one who has passed] through fire. [Job 23:10.]
1 Corinthians 3:10‭-‬15 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/1co.3.10-15.AMPC

Jesus is (or should be) our foundation. When we build on that foundation we must be very cautious to use things of great value. For if we use things that can be easily destroyed (or burned up) as the Bible says....we will suffer great loss on judgement day. Oh we will still get into heaven, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.

Here are some things that can be easily destroyed and burned up on judgement day...meaning they won't even be considered as of any value to God.....
Idle words (non faith filled words)
Worldly ways (greed, selfishness, lying etc.)
Worthless traditions (ie..religious or fleshly rituals or practices)
Works or trying to earn your way into God's kingdom or heart (for salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ only)

God's best ways....
Walking in love
Walking by faith
Walking in forgiveness
Putting others and the church or kingdom first
Obedience to God's Word (being a doer and not just a hearer)
Tithing
Sowing
Reaping
Storing up our treasures (rewards) in heaven
Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)

Take the time to do a spiritual inventory, do a self evaluation. Which ways or habits line up with God's Word? Which ways line up with the world? And then strive to get rid of those things or ways that when tried by fire are burned up. Get rid of those ways that can be shaken, those ways that when satan comes to test you (and he will check to see if your true to your word, and all you've been saying) crumble and leave you weak and wanting or lacking in any way... spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, or financially.

Weigh against the Word of God, those things that you place a value on. Is it something God would value? Is it something that would please Him?

Seek Him to find out what puts a smile on His face, and a warmth to His heart? What is it that makes Him say "ah yes that's my child that I have been training and raising up....

You see Jesus is our example. He walked this earth as a man who at the age of 30 was Anointed by God the Father (the Holy Spirit accending upon Him in the form of a dove...Matthew 3:16), and according to Hebrews 5:8-9 He too had to be obedient in every way to God's Word. Even when He was a youngster, if He had not obeyed His parents (Luke 2:51), then He could not have fulfilled that part of the ten commandments...which in Matthew He says He came to fulfil the law...Matthew 5:17 “Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

Jesus was tempted in every way that we are. Hebrews 4:15 says
"This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin." He didn't sin because He made the choice to be obedient to the Father's will and ways. Even as a young man (12 yrs old...Luke 2:40-52), He was very content, and desired to be in the Father's house and learning the Scriptures. He did what Romans 12:2 says to do, He renewed His mind with the Word of God, which was the old testament then, and i would imagine that His parents had Him in church or the synagogue every time there was service. And they probably taught Him about the things of God, like God had instructed Moses to relay to the Israelites.

Is Jesus your foundation... your beginning and your first principles. Meaning His lifestyle and ways are where your foundation starts. His principles are your principles?
Do you make your lifestyle conform to what the Word of God says? Or do you pick Scriptures to justify living your life however you want? Which is making the Word of God fit your lifestyle.

Jesus and His way of living, and His principles, and His lifestyle of obedience to God's Word should be the foundation where our lives and walk with Christ begins. The Bible says in Ephesians 5:1 be imitators of God as beloved Children ( or in other words like a child would imitate their parents...being we are God's children...Galatians 3:26). And Paul says in 1 Corinthians 11:1 you should imitate me as i imitate Christ.

According to the grace (the special endowment for my task) of God bestowed on me, like a skillful architect and master builder I laid [the] foundation, and now another [man] is building upon it. But let each [man] be careful how he builds upon it, For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is [already] laid, which is Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). But if anyone builds upon the Foundation, whether it be with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, The work of each [one] will become [plainly, openly] known (shown for what it is); for the day [of Christ] will disclose and declare it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test and critically appraise the character and worth of the work each person has done. If the work which any person has built on this Foundation [any product of his efforts whatever] survives [this test], he will get his reward. But if any person's work is burned up [under the test], he will suffer the loss [of it all, losing his reward], though he himself will be saved, but only as [one who has passed] through fire. [Job 23:10.]

Jesus is (or should be) our foundation. When we build on that foundation we must be very cautious to use things of great value. For if we use things that can be easily destroyed (or burned up) as the Bible says....we will suffer great loss on judgement day. Oh we will still get into heaven, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.

Here are some things that can be easily destroyed and burned up on judgement day...meaning they won't even be considered as of any value to God.....
Works or trying to earn your way into God's kingdom or heart (for salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ only)

God's best ways....
Walking in love
Walking by faith
Walking in forgiveness
Tithing
Sowing
Reaping

Take the time to do a spiritual inventory, do a self evaluation. Which ways or habits line up with God's Word? Which ways line up with the world? And then strive to get rid of those things or ways that when tried by fire are burned up. Get rid of those ways that can be shaken, those ways that when satan comes to test you (and he will check to see if your true to your word, and all you've been saying) crumble and leave you weak and wanting or lacking in any way... spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, or financially.

Weigh against the Word of God, those things that you place a value on. Is it something God would value? Is it something that would please Him?

Seek Him to find out what puts a smile on His face, and a warmth to His heart? What is it that makes Him say "ah yes that's my child that I have been training and raising up....

You see Jesus is our example. He walked this earth as a man who at the age of 30 was Anointed by God the Father (the Holy Spirit accending upon Him in the form of a dove...Matthew 3:16), and according to Hebrews 5:8-9 He too had to be obedient in every way to God's Word. Even when He was a youngster, if He had not obeyed His parents (Luke 2:51), then He could not have fulfilled that part of the ten commandments...which in Matthew He says He came to fulfil the law...Matthew 5:17 “Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

"This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin." He didn't sin because He made the choice to be obedient to the Father's will and ways. Even as a young man (12 yrs old...Luke 2:40-52), He was very content, and desired to be in the Father's house and learning the Scriptures. He did what Romans 12:2 says to do, He renewed His mind with the Word of God, which was the old testament then, and i would imagine that His parents had Him in church or the synagogue every time there was service. And they probably taught Him about the things of God, like God had instructed Moses to relay to the Israelites.

Amen!

1 Corth. 3:11
"For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."

Acts 4:12.....
"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

I am sure that you just like me have seen right here on this web site as well as the others where truth is elusive. Because of our opinions we have seen that Truth is a difficult thing to define, especially in an era when it’s been turned into a choose your own adventure story based on TV shows and mystery novels. The bottom line is that when we pick our own truth the ending will always be the same------terrible.

We don’t get to define truth or select it. Instead we must recognize and adhere to it. If all we did was look around and determine truth by what we saw or what we experienced, we would end up exactly where are, in a society where truth shifts, morphs, changes, and loses credibility and value each day. Instead we must recognize that truth expresses reality as it ought to be according to the Word of God. It is the standard for reality not just a reflection of what currently exists and happens or what we want to happen.

So then truth is exactly what you just described.........Jesus is the blazing center of reality and the foundation of our existence and anything less than that is a lie.

Colossians 1:16...........
"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him."

God bless you and keep up getting out the truth of God's Word. YOU are doing a great work!!!!

Amen!

1 Corth. 3:11
"For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."

Acts 4:12.....
"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

I am sure that you just like me have seen right here on this web site as well as the others where truth is elusive. Because of our opinions we have seen that Truth is a difficult thing to define, especially in an era when it’s been turned into a choose your own adventure story based on TV shows and mystery novels. The bottom line is that when we pick our own truth the ending will always be the same------terrible.

We don’t get to define truth or select it. Instead we must recognize and adhere to it. If all we did was look around and determine truth by what we saw or what we experienced, we would end up exactly where are, in a society where truth shifts, morphs, changes, and loses credibility and value each day. Instead we must recognize that truth expresses reality as it ought to be according to the Word of God. It is the standard for reality not just a reflection of what currently exists and happens or what we want to happen.

So then truth is exactly what you just described.........Jesus is the blazing center of reality and the foundation of our existence and anything less than that is a lie.

Colossians 1:16...........
"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him."

God bless you and keep up getting out the truth of God's Word. YOU are doing a great work!!!!

Thank You for your kind words.
Blessings to you

As you have therefore received Christ, [even] Jesus the Lord, [so] walk (regulate your lives and conduct yourselves) in union with and conformity to Him. Have the roots [of your being] firmly and deeply planted [in Him, fixed and founded in Him], being continually built up in Him, becoming increasingly more confirmed and established in the faith, just as you were taught, and abounding and overflowing in it with thanksgiving.
Colossians 2:6‭-‬7 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/col.2.6-7.AMPC

God's best ways....
Walking in love
Walking by faith
Walking in forgiveness
Tithing
Sowing
Reaping

1 Corin. 3:11.............

When we came to Christ, we came with nothing in our hands and no works to help us. The bottom line is that we came bringing nothing to receive everything.
It was then that we were placed on that Rock which is Christ. Now that we have done that and He is our foundation, now we can begin to build on Him.

This my sister is where good works come in.

We do not and can work to be saved....but we will want to work to receive a reward for the good things we do after we are saved.

If those things we do are not done because of the Lord Jesus Christ, they will be burned up and blown away.

Major.... as I do agree with you, I just thought I would bring up the Scriptures that you were.referring to in what you said and then I also found a couple of notes I had in my Bible app with those Scriptures. Thanks for the great reply!

Eph 2:8 — Eph 2:10
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Every person is God's workmanship. And as we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we become His new creation (if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone and the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17) the spirit becomes new but the flesh (our old ways of doing things, and reacting) needs to be trained to walk in the ways of the Savior. Hence the reason why we need to constantly renew our minds to the things of God ~ That's why Matthew 6:33 says to seek first the Kingdom of God (His way of doing and being right) and all the things that we need will be added unto us. He richly gives us all things to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17) and those things meet our needs. He gives us those things cuz He loves us and if we are constantly seeking Him, He will make sure we have the things we need.

I think the other way to seek first His kingdom and His ways, is also inquiring of Him if we are to this thing or that. I do understand and agree that He gives us free will, and that some choices are ours to make, however if a person is totally connected with the Spirit, and our desire is to constantly please Him, then we will want to know if whatever we're trying to do is in His will or not. And being that He knows everything then He can tell us if even the food choices we make are good ones. I guess it all depends upon how involved in our life we want Him to be. How much do we want to be accountable to Him, and how much of our life do we want to be submitted to Him?

James 2:26
Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without good works.

1Co 3:12 — 1Co 3:15
Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials—gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value. If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.

The fire and the tests are the things that the enemy throws our way to try to trip us up. If our armor is not on and our shield up and our sword sharpened then we will fall in defeat. Because the things that we used to build with were not the Word of God. When we try to build with things other than the Word we get burnt,because the fire that is used to purify our faith, will rip through what was sown.
When I try to resist the enemy with my own strength, i will fall because it doesn't come from God. Jesus is our solid foundation, not us.

So you claim Jesus is your foundation.
Good!

Do you have grudges against any?
Oops your foundation has cracks

Are there those you won't forgive?
Oops your foundation has cracks.

Are you offended often by others and have to speak out against some one?

Walking in Love and Forgiveness toward All, is this something you do some times?

Do you question God's promises

When things happen . .... do you loose your joy and peace and faith?

I could go on and on here but I believe you the reader understand where I am going with this.

Its easy to make the claim that Jesus is your foundation but what happens when our enemy the devil comes by to test that foundation and believe me he will ?!?!

Think about that the next time you tell your self that Jesus is your foundation and you have built well upon it.........
Blessings
FCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back