Is Jesus "in" The Godhead Or Is The Godhead "in Jesus" ?

Sadly the prefix CO- was introduced by Athanasius and then taken way out of context by some, to imply three beings in one corporate unity, instead of Him being essentially One as three. But the summation of Athanasius' message (read it for yourself) was that they are not three as one, but One who has revealed Himself in three distinct persona...The Father is Lord, the Son is Lord, the Spirit is Lord, but there are not three Lords but one...He uses the same for eternal...the Father is eternal, the Son is eternal, the Spirit is eternal, but there are not three eternals, only one...the Father is God, the Son is God, the Spirit is God, but not three Gods, etc....

In other words it is the one God Himself who reveals Himself as these three in the God breathed word. If they take it wrong and separate God (dividing His essence) such that they make His threeness the primary essences in unity, they missed the whole point.

Again, we worship the one God in His self revealed threeness , and secondarily are we to see the threeness in Unity (not to confuse this order)...He is essentially one as three, not three as one.

Also only the subordinationalists (deemed a heretical perspective) describe the Divinity (called the Godhead in that one and only passage) as Father head and Son and Spirit subordinate (which led to many abberations, even the Jehovah's witnesses)...they also don't get it...the Son is only subordinate in some things according to role or function, but in "nature" is fully the one and ONLY God (there is no division of substance, majesty, etc.) who took the human nature to Himself...

So let us agree to disagree as neither of us can stray from where the Spirit has brought us

Zechariah 2:10-11 has YHVH speaking of a time He will dwell WITH His people and He says..."Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord. And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

Again YHVH sends YHVH sent...Himself separating the persona in figure...explain this...(there are more from the OT but now I have given you about three or four...I hardly think we can ignore this...)

Since no one has EVER seen the Father at any time, neither have they heard His voice (John 5:37) who is the YHVH Moses saw and heard who was/is THE GOD of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob...The Angel of YHVH (Exodus 3:2)...THE YHVH but yet not the Father who IS YHVH...Hmmm?

God's threeness ? Not Biblical.......God is ONE.
Scripture declares this in one form or another in over 300 verses. Where does God call Himself the Holy Three ?

Good enough, I did not think you could explain what I have shown in the very word of God...Yes...I know and also believe there is only one God (made that perfectly clear)...

All the fullness of the Godhead dwelleth in HIM......Not them.
Where is there explicit Bible verses that use the word "persons" in refering to the ONE God Jesus Christ.
He is the Father.....He is the Son.....He is the Holy Ghost
These are not any more separate persons that because I am a son, a father, and a husband.

When Jesus was asked in Mark chapter 12 what was the first commandment, He could have explained this mysterious doctrine the main stream calls the "trinity".... Perhaps saying that He was the second person of a triunity (or something similar). He could have stressed the importance of God's "threeness" (like I've actually heard other professing Christians say). Instead, He strengthened and affirmed the Jews believe of God as far as strict monotheism is concerned.......

Mark 12:28-30
King James Version (KJV)
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

YHVH is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, but the Father is not the Son or the Spirit, nether is the Son the Father or the Spirit, neither od the Spirit the Father or the Son...they each have separate functions and ministries...the Son glorifies the Father, the Spirit glorifies the Son...only the Son became incarnate and was named Jesus and was crucified as our sin offering, only the Spirit baptizes us onto Christ, only the Father knows the day and time of Christs return, etc...modalism is heresy...

The shema "Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord" in Hebrew reads "Hear of Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one" (echad not yachid)...

YHVH is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, but the Father is not the Son or the Spirit, nether is the Son the Father or the Spirit, neither od the Spirit the Father or the Son...they each have separate functions and ministries...the Son glorifies the Father, the Spirit glorifies the Son...only the Son became incarnate and was named Jesus and was crucified as our sin offering, only the Spirit baptizes us onto Christ, only the Father knows the day and time of Christs return, etc...modalism is heresy...

The shema "Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord" in Hebrew reads "Hear of Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one" (echad not yachid)...

Now, now Paul watch the heresy name calling again (it is getting quite old you know).......
Don't you know that it was the Father that was in Christ ? Or that Jesus as the incarnate man was the express image of the invisible God?
Who is the "head" of your trinity ? Who do you pray to ?
How many thrones will there be in heaven ? (3 ?)

Now, now Paul watch the heresy name calling again (it is getting quite old you know).......
Don't you know that it was the Father that was in Christ ? Or that Jesus as the incarnate man was the express image of the invisible God?
Who is the "head" of your trinity ? Who do you pray to ?
How many thrones will there be in heaven ? (3 ?)

Christ is the head of the body...my trinity (?) as you called it, has no head...the one and only God revealed Himself as three...the Son is not a subordinate...your argument is not with me its with Him...the Father is in the Son and the Son is on the Father....YHVH-Elohim is the Lord God. When I pray I sometimes pray to the Father and sometimes to the Lord Jesus (the God-man), and sometimes I even call on the Holy Spirit for guidance or help...what's your point?

Christ is the head of the body...my trinity (?) as you called it, has no head...the one and only God revealed Himself as three...the Son is not a subordinate...your argument is not with me its with Him...the Father is in the Son and the Son is on the Father....YHVH-Elohim is the Lord God. When I pray I sometimes pray to the Father and sometimes to the Lord Jesus (the God-man), and sometimes I even call on the Holy Spirit for guidance or help...what's your point?

Paul, you can elevate yourself all you want in your pompous man- made doctrines, I am sure glad I know who Jesus is !! You, my clever friend worship THREE Gods....

Trithesim......or Poly theism, call me a follower of heresies all you want.....I pray to Jesus He alone is God.

Also, calling Sebellianism a heresy is not wrong, incorrect, or unfair, because it is...it would be like saying I cannot call the NWT an intentionally distorted Bible translation...but I can because it is the truth (simple). That is not to say those who have been taught this doctrine are all damned or anything (they cannot help what they have been persuaded of)...nobody just reading the Bible for what it says comes to the modalist position (or the position of Calvinistic double predestination for that matter)....if the Mods wish to ban me for this that is fine as I cannot NOT defend the truth

You, my clever friend worship THREE Gods...

You need to understand the concept of hypostasis...you are right, there is only one God and you are right, the Son (who is God) became Jesus and so Jesus is God (but not the Father or the Holy Spirit, each of whom are also the one and only God)...One God alone (who is yachid and echad simultaneously)

Also, calling Sebellianism a heresy is not wrong, incorrect, or unfair, because it is...it would be like saying I cannot call the NWT an intentionally distorted Bible translation...but I can because it is the truth (simple). That is not to say those who have been taught this doctrine are all damned or anything (they cannot help what they have been persuaded of)...nobody just reading the Bible for what it says comes to the modalist position (or the position of Calvinistic double predestination for that matter)....if the Mods wish to ban me for this that is fine as I cannot NOT defend the truth

There really seems to be safety in numbers for many Paul........Tertullianism is the way of most even though his later teachings directly contradicted the teachings of the Apostles. Tertullian was the "father" of your trinity, he coined the phase and brought forth the concept of God in THREE persons.

There really seems to be safety in numbers for many Paul........Tertullianism is the way of most even though his later teachings directly contradicted the teachings of the Apostles. Tertullian was the "father" of your trinity, he coined the phase and brought forth the concept of God in THREE persons.

No sir, he was not...he was the father of the term for what they already had been taught by the Apostles or those that the Apostles themselves had taught and appointed to positions of leadership...by the way I never quote from Tertullian of Origen nor does any doctrine I adhere to rely on them

Once again (though I have given ample examples) exegete Isaiah 48:16 in context and explain the YHVH who sends, the YHVH who is sent, with His Spirit? Thanks...seriously get back to me on this...Clearly there is only one YHVH, so what is this distinction the Holy Spirit drew when He breathed these words?

Last edited:
No sir, he was not...he was the father of the term for what they already had been taught by the Apostles or those that the Apostles themselves had taught and appointed to positions of leadership...by the way I never quote from Tertullian of Origen nor does any doctrine I adhere to rely on them

Once again (though I have given ample examples) exegete Isaiah 48:16 in context and explain the YHVH who sends, the YHVH who is sent, with His Spirit? Thanks...seriously get back to me on this...Clearly there is only one YHVH, so what is this distinction the Holy Spirit drew when He breathed these words?

Where is the Apostles or Jesus' teaching of "trinity" "triune God" or "God in three persons" in the Bible ?

You are the one that labeled me- Sabellianism / Modalism, but you are quick to deny your own association with Tertullianism.
Are you in denial that Tertullian is the first to use the word "trinity" ?

Where is the Apostles or Jesus' teaching of "trinity" "triune God" or "God in three persons" in the Bible ?

You are the one that labeled me- Sabellianism / Modalism, but you are quick to deny your own association with Tertullianism.
Are you in denial that Tertullian is the first to use the word "trinity" ?

Re-read...I just clarified that he was the first to use that term but he was not the first to distinguish between the Father, the Son, and the H0ly Spirit...did you look at Isaiah 48:16 where YHVH Himself is speaking?

Also consider this...Hippolytus (a disciples of Irenaeus) points out that if Sebellius is correct then the Father was crucified on the cross. Acts 20:28"Feed the church of GOD, which he hath purchased with HIS OWN BLOOD" in modalism would imply though God being only one God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all shed their blood, but the Bible does not support this view. Only the Son incarnate (though fully God) shed His blood (the Father not being incarnate, the Spirit not being incarnate)...explain this after you exegete Isaiah 48:16 where YHVH is speaking...

Thanks...and no, nothing I believe rests on Tertullian or Origen...Just say'n

brother Paul

Back