1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Is Jesus God?

Discussion in 'Doctrinal Discussions' started by Juk, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopefully this can be moved to doctrinal discussions soon.

Anyway, I've been reading about the trinity (which is not of the Bible, by the way) and how it is not right. And this made me think. Is Jesus God? Or is Jesus Lord? Or is He both?
  2. HE is both. John 1:14, The word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld HIS glory,the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. and John 10:30, I and the Father are one
    Cturtle, Juk and Major says Amen and like this.
  3. This is one of the most confusing topics in Christianity to me.
  4. Also JUK , John 14:7 If you had known ME , you would have known MY Father also; and from now on you know HIM and have seen HIM.
    That looks like Jesus is claiming to be GOD also. I totally agree with Jesus
    Juk and Major say Amen and like this.
  5. He proved that He was God multiple times.
    JG27_chili and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  6. Man is three parts: body, soul, spirit. We are the image of God: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Let's take one example: Who raised Jesus from the dead according to the scriptures?

(1) The Father raised the Lord Jesus

Acts 3:26
    Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.
    1 Thessalonians 1:10
    And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come. ​

(2) The Lord Jesus raised Himself

John 2:19,21
    Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up....But he spake of the temple of his body.​

(3) The Holy Spirit raised the Lord Jesus

Romans 8:11
    But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.​

These verses show that the Father raised the Lord Jesus, the Lord Jesus raised Himself, and the Holy Spirit raised the Lord Jesus. The Trinity is shown in the resurrection.

I have a lot more, but suffice it to say, point made, right? Right! :D
    Euphemia and LanceA say Amen and like this.
  7. I think Isiah 48:16 will show that God is spirit and the Son therefore three in one.
    Juk likes this.
  8. Hi Juk,

Many are confused today about what the Trinity is. In the fifth century there was a teaching that entered the church from men who had converted to Christianity from other philosophies. It says that there is one God which consists of three persons. While technically this correct, it is commonly misunderstood. Since the Scritpures refer to God as "He" man today conclude that There is a being called God that consists of three other beings called, the Father, Son, And Holy Spirit. Now, when questioned they will usually deny this, but when asked to explain they have no logical response and will typically say it is a mystery of some sort. This understanding is found in the Anthanasian Creed and says that there is one God who consists of three persons all co-equal and co-eternal. However, when this idea is put to the test of Scripture we find problems with it and those who hold it will usually have to modify what the Scriptures say to accommodate this teaching.

However, when we go back in history prior to the fifth century to the original teaching of the Trinity and what it was, not only does it make sense, it also fits nicely with all of Scripture. There is no need to modify what the Scriptures say. It is a Trinity that is not confusing and is relatively easy (in my opinion) to understand.
    Major likes this.
  9. Has anyone read my thoughts at the link I posted above?
  10. hm...
  11. That was the best confirmation so far in my opinion. Thanks! (y)
    Abdicate likes this.
  12. I checked some of it out. It made sense.
    Relentless likes this.
  13. Yes my dear sister, I surely did. I am very much in agreement with what you worked hard to establish and I am very impressed with
    your thesis and Biblical facts.

You exhibit a wonderful Christian example of correct Bible doctrine.
    Relentless likes this.
  14. The answer is YES!
  15. Thank you. :)
  16. All were present in Genesis 1 << from the beginning......... Little brother start reading Genesis 1 the Spirit of God moved across the water pay attention to the words our and us. Then open the Gospel of John and get to know Jesus.
    Major, JG27_chili and Waggles says Amen and like this.
  17. #18 Butch5, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    Hi Juk,

The original teaching of the Trinity is that Jesus is God in substance or essence. God begot a Son, so, whatever God is the Son is also. Like a human begets a human, God begets God. However, the Son is not the Father and the Father not the Son. Contrary to what is believed today that there are three co-equal beings the original teaching of the Trinity agreed with the apostle Paul who said,

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. (1Co 8:6 KJV)

and Jesus,

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
    2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
    3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (Joh 17:1-3 KJV)

We can see what they believed by looking at the creed that they established when this whole issue if the nature of Jesus was debated. The Nicene Creed says,

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.
    And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

As you can see this is almost word for word what Paul said. If we go back further we can see the same thing in the Apostles Creed.

1. I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:

2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord

Again this is what Paul said.

It isn't until the 5th century that we see the idea that there are three co-equals and three almighties. The second of which doesn't even seem to make sense. How can there be three almighties? The word by it's definition indicates one being.
    Major and Juk say Amen and like this.
  18. Isaiah 9:6
    For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
    Major likes this.
  19. That makes a lot of sense now. So Jesus is NOT the same as Yahweh?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.