Is It 'anti-faith' To Be Prepared?

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...h-to-prepare-for-the-coming-economic-collapse
Is It “Anti-Faith” To Prepare For The Coming Economic Collapse?
By Michael Snyder, on July 5th, 2013

Does being a prepper show a lack of faith in God? Should good Christians reject prepping altogether? Yesterday, someone actually accused me of being "anti-faith" because I am encouraging people to prepare for the coming economic collapse. This person believes that if I had faith, then I would make "no provision" for what is ahead and simply trust "in God's providence alone". So is that person right? Is it really "anti-faith" to prepare for the coming economic collapse? I spent quite a bit of time thinking about these questions today.

Read the the full article with the link posted above.

Thoughts?

It probably depends on what you are preparing for and to what degree. Jesus told His disciples not to prepare beforehand what they would say when confronted by antagonistic rulers. The Holy Spirit would give them the words at just the right time. Yet, just their being with Jesus and their life of following Him was preparation.

I would say prepare, but don't rely on your preparation but rely on God.

I guess where I fall is this: I am not so much concerned for my self. (Praise be to God for His saving Grace!)

Call me selfish if you want; but my concerns fall first to my daughter and immediate family (saved and not); And equally on my Church family. As for the lost-well yes; I am concerned for them-but since I am not a 'pre-trib rapture' believer; I have a responsibility to provide and protect my home. So is Faith the ONLY preparation we make? Or do we make provision in any way to have some sort of plan in a disaster? Even as I type this out; I am concerned for the state of my own faith.

I believe the Lord will provide-but I also believe we are due for a reckoning. I guess either way I look at it; both sides are really purely out of my control. Maybe that's what scares me? Yes I know I should not be concerned for the things of this world; but I have a 5 year old dirty rotten sinner my heart breaks for-and all the children.

Perhaps it is selfishness? Guess it is time to put my money where my mouth is and step out in faith no matter how much of a crazy person that will make me appear to be. We HAVE TOO reach these souls here....

Back