Is It A Sin To Not Be Affectionate?

Sounds like you have a lot of empathy but struggle to express it. Better off than I am; I struggle just with the empathy part. Nothing wrong with being reserved but if you think there are some unresolved issues from your past affecting you negatively I would suggest therapy of some kind.
Yea Im gonna go have a one on one conversation with my priest on Sunday ... I want to see his opinion on this and than get further help if needed

Yea Im gonna go have a one on one conversation with my priest on Sunday ... I want to see his opinion on this and than get further help if needed

Keep in mind, depending on the severity of the problem, mentors (religious or otherwise) could offer all the counseling you need. Professional help isn't always necessary.

I'm a strong faithed Christian. I love people so much. I even love my atheists friends whom are starting to like some Christians because they see me as a good example from my kindness and actions. I get along with everyone. But for some reason I cant say things like "I love you" to my mom or brother or dad. But they know I do love them which I do so much. Also I dont get all affectionate with girls like I went out on a date and this girl held my hands , kept putting her head on my shoulders and kissing me in public.... I kept backing off a little. Whats wrong with me? Is this a sin? I get along with my family great always helping each other out but I cant like hug my family or kiss them on the cheek. It makes me wonder.

Don't feel guilt for being uncomfortable with saccharine Christianity. You're a man, you don't need to run around emoting "I love you" to various people. There's no biblical record of Jesus ever saying "I love you" to a person!

Jesus once said, "I have loved you" (John 15:12) but that's nothing close to the phrase "I love you." The word "you" that Jesus used is plural, meaning the body of Christians, not anyone personally. The word "love" that Jesus used is "agape", a righteous love, which never carries a sexual or emotional meaning as does the English word "love." Jesus also used the word "love" in the past tense, making it passive, and so more manly.

Back