Is God your AUTHORITY?

Why can't you just answer the question ,why is the word baptism even in the scriptures .
I do believe that you are in error concerning baptizem for the reasons that I posted .
Why am I not allowed to believe what I believe ,but you can .
REMISSION MEANS REMISSION
WASH AWAY MEAN WASH AWAY
Why do you want to change the meanings ?
I have given you several thoughts ,if they are wrong ,tell me the correct reason.

Nothing but Jesus' blood gives anyone remission of sins. The word says this:

Hebrews 9:22
And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.

Your notions are based on a poor understanding of the entire sum of scriptures that refer to baptism. Study them all, then realize that of course it is not water that cleanses us, but that baptism in water is to signify Jesus and His death, burial and resurrection and we do that because we have been saved and as the bible says, we have a clean conscience before God, having been washed of all our sin, and forgiven and put in right standing with God.

We can perform no act to make ourselves cleansed, when it was Jesus who did it all for us.

Was Ananias just being mean to Paul , he had not eaten or drank anything in 3 ,count them 3 days . Why would Ananias be so mean if it was not very important ,and if it was not to wash away Paul's sins.
If you just answer this question then I will be satisfied .

You are the only one who says that somehow Ananias was mean! Where on earth do you come up with that? He had his instructions from God and he fulfilled them.

I have been told not to point out errors that I as a child of God see anyone doing .
I believe that to the contraray is my responsibility to point out errors.
I should not do it in any mean way ,but when I see error ,God wants me to point it out . I would NOT be a Christian if I did not show the Truth of God's word .
I have been called names ,I have been TOLD not to post what I believe is error on this forum.
None of these things bother me .Every SOUL is precious ,and the Truth must be told .

Someone who is wise would heed the word, and do a little soul searching and ask Holy Spirit to point out if he is promoting error and denominational teaching, rather than the real truth of the scriptures.

@Truth Hello,
Hey you said this here
((( Truth said:
I have been told not to point out errors that I as a child of God see anyone doing .
I believe that to the contraray is my responsibility to point out errors.
I should not do it in any mean way ,but when I see error ,God wants me to point it out . I would NOT be a Christian if I did not show the Truth of God's word .
I have been called names ,I have been TOLD not to post what I believe is error on this forum.
None of these things bother me .Every SOUL is precious ,and the Truth must be told . )))

Showing the truth of Gods word is one thing and one area - pointing out the faults of others is another and scriptures warn us about this.
So just as you are seeking the truth - I ask you truth for the truth on this...Another words how do you base your claiming it is your responsibility to point out others errors and faults and so forth ?
Blessings
Jim

Yes it is true that you are REQUIRED to show me my errors.
Why can't you answer my question ,why is baptism even a word in the scriptures if it is not important .
You must be saying that the word REMISSION does not mean REMISSION ,or what Ananias told Paul was not what he should have said , but to show me that you truly believe.

My friend........baptism did NOT just start in the New Test. with the advent of Christianity.

I feel like your question has been answered several times but you do not seem to have the ability to grasp it.

Again, allow me to say that there are several Church denominations which teach that water baptism is a 'required' sacrament for Salvation. However, any such requirement in order to gain (or maintain) Salvation would qualify as a gospel predicated upon our works. Now that does not require a Doctor of theology degree. That kind of thinking this is an unbiblical if not heretical idea.

Baptism in water has no power of it's own, for there is no efficacy in literal water. Rather, water baptism is a token of the baptism (cleansing) of the Spirit which is the real power within Christians. The outward token which we apply in the ritual of baptism is to 'signify' this inward occurrence. You see, salvation is from the INSIDE OUT!

Water baptism is like the ceremonial washings in the old testament were an outward sign of the cleansing of God. Or as circumcision was an outward sign of a Covenant (promissory) relationship with God. It didn't mean everyone was righteous, but that they received the signification of the people of righteousness.

And just as circumcision made no one righteous, water baptism does nothing to make us righteous. Circumcision was the Old Covenant sign God wanted His people to apply to illustrate something infinitely more important than the literal cutting off of flesh. It was a token of the righteousness of faith wherein through the shedding of blood their sins were cut off. The ceremonial act itself was not that faith, it was the 'sign' of that faith. Romans chapter four touches on this principle as it speaks of Abraham saying, righteousness was not imputed to him by circumcision, for he was already righteous by faith before the circumcision. But his circumcision was the 'sign' of that Faith.

I am not looking for scenarios ,I am looking for Truth .
The scenarios you give is contingent on the person never having heard the gospel, and never have been able to obey the gospel .
My whole post about baptism is on scenarios ,but you will not answer those , I believe that it is because you can't.
All I am asking for you to do to stop my posting on baptism ,is to answer my question of why Ananius was so mean to Paul when he had not eaten or had anything to drink for 3 day to require him to be baptized to wash away his sins if it was not so very important??????

You see what I mean. Even when explained simply you refuse to hear and see.

Of course the example I gave was contingent upon hearing the gospel. HOW else can a man be saved?????
Name ONE person you know who was saved and did NOT hear and accept the gospel!!!!

If you require a Bible study I am glad to do that for you. Please post the Scripture in question so that we are on the same page and the lack of said Scripture then becomes another excuse for not understanding.

Yes it is true that you are REQUIRED to show me my errors.
Why can't you answer my question ,why is baptism even a word in the scriptures if it is not important .
You must be saying that the word REMISSION does not mean REMISSION ,or what Ananias told Paul was not what he should have said , but to show me that you truly believe.

1st......Post the Scripture!!!!

2nd.....I have no need to prove to anyone that I truly believe!

3rd......What in the world does the attitude of Ananias have to do with anything?

1st......Post the Scripture!!!!

2nd.....I have no need to prove to anyone that I truly believe!

3rd......What in the world does the attitude of Ananias have to do with anything?[/QU
  1. Reply
  2. BAPTISM ,why is baptism ( emersion ) in the scriptures?
    Is it to have something to debate?
    Is it a word to fill a space ?
    Why did John the baptizer us baptism to bring in the era of Jesus Christ ,if it was to be used as symbolism, why not just sprinkle ?
    Why did the Eunuch say see hear is water ,and both Phillip and the Eunuch went down into the water,a better question is why did Phillip even mention baptism to the Eunuch? The Holy Spirit sent Phillip to the Eunuch,surely Phillip did not need proof that the Eunuch was serious about his faith.
    Why would Ananias mention baptism to Paul, and why didn't he wait until Paul was able to get something eat ? Ananias must have very unsure that Paul was sincere,and why would he tell Paul that it was to wash away his sins ,if when he believed his sins were already forgiven ,I would call that ,mean for Ananias to treat Paul that way .
    After Paul preached to the jailer, and the jailer and his house believed ,why would Paul ask the jail and his whole house be baptized in the middle of the night ,Paul must have been very sceptical of the jailers belief .
    Why in world would Peter have 3000 people to be baptized on the day of Pentecost, that seems like a look of baptizing for no reason or could it be for the reason Peter said ,for the REMISSION of their sins and he knew that it was so important that they wash away their sins,I guess it could be that he really did not trust their faith ,( no I don't think that ).
    If baptism is just something you can do ,the Holy Spirit put a lot of baptisms in the scriptures .
    I believe what the scriptures say !!
    Acts 2:38 for the remission of sins .
    Acts 22:16 to wash away your sins.
    If it isn't, then why would the word baptism even be in the scriptures .
    God is the only one who matters when it comes to your faith and I GUARANTEE you that he knows your heart and whether you are sincere .
    If you want to be baptized to prove your faith to others then you are being baptized for the wrong reason .
    You must be baptized for the remission of your sins ,not to show that you beleive.
    Those are very different reasons to be baptized .
    Baptism is not a work as many would have you to believe .
    Baptism is a requirement of God but only for the right reason ,along with faith, obedience to the end and other requirements, that are not works ,just doing what God requires .

Lets be real here for a moment shall we.
Let us ask of our selves these important questions.
Is this thread uplifting or edifying the body of Christ ?
Is this thread giving God something or a place where he can move and work in ?
Are the postin this thread teaching or equipping any one especially those who are new or seeking the truth ?

If you answer any of these with anything other then NO - well maybe it is time to examine your personality or in the manner os the spirit in which you dwell.

Scripture tells us to walk in Love and strive for peace with every one.
Scriptures tells us to avoid foolish arguments and NEVER ARGUE OVER HIS WORD.
Scripture tells us to keep our words and thoughts uplifting and edifying and praise worthy.
Not much of that in here.

You can ignore these words or even call me anything you wish and it will not change a thing.
Think about the direction all this bickering is going.......
I leave you with this scripture from JOHN 6:43

New International Version
"Stop grumbling among yourselves," Jesus answered.New Living Translation
But Jesus replied, "Stop complaining about what I said.English Standard Version
Jesus answered them, “Do not grumble among yourselves.New American Standard Bible
Jesus answered and said to them, "Do not grumble among yourselves.King James Bible
Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.Holman Christian Standard Bible
Jesus answered them, "Stop complaining among yourselves. International Standard Version
Jesus answered them, "Stop grumbling among yourselves. NET Bible
Jesus replied, "Do not complain about me to one another.Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Yeshua answered and said to them, “Do not mutter one with another.”GOD'S WORD® Translation
Jesus responded, "Stop criticizing me!Jubilee Bible 2000
Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.King James 2000 Bible
Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.American King James Version
Jesus therefore answered and said to them, Murmur not among yourselves.American Standard Version
Jesus answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.Douay-Rheims Bible
Jesus therefore answered, and said to them: Murmur not among yourselves. Darby Bible Translation
Jesus therefore answered and said to them, Murmur not among yourselves.English Revised Version
Jesus answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.Webster's Bible Translation
Jesus therefore answered and said to them, Murmur not among yourselves.Weymouth New Testament
"Do not thus find fault among yourselves," replied Jesus;World English Bible
Therefore Jesus answered them, "Don't murmur among yourselves.Young's Literal Translation
Jesus answered, therefore, and said to them, 'Murmur not one with another;

God Bless
Jim

Are the postin this thread teaching or equipping any one especially those who are new or seeking the truth ?

If you answer any of these with anything other then NO - well maybe it is time to examine your personality or in the manner os the spirit in which you dwell.

Scripture tells us to keep our words and thoughts uplifting and edifying and praise worthy.

You can ignore these words or even call me anything you wish and it will not change a thing.

Jesus answered them, “Do not grumble among yourselves.New American Standard Bible
Jesus answered and said to them, "Do not grumble among yourselves.King James Bible
Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.Holman Christian Standard Bible
Jesus answered them, "Stop complaining among yourselves. International Standard Version
Jesus replied, "Do not complain about me to one another.Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Yeshua answered and said to them, “Do not mutter one with another.”GOD'S WORD® Translation
Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.King James 2000 Bible
Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.American King James Version
Jesus therefore answered and said to them, Murmur not among yourselves.American Standard Version
Jesus answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.Douay-Rheims Bible
Jesus therefore answered, and said to them: Murmur not among yourselves. Darby Bible Translation
Jesus therefore answered and said to them, Murmur not among yourselves.English Revised Version
Jesus answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.Webster's Bible Translation
Jesus therefore answered and said to them, Murmur not among yourselves.Weymouth New Testament
Therefore Jesus answered them, "Don't murmur among yourselves.Young's Literal Translation

God Bless
Jim
This is the exact same post that I read on Paul verses James.
When you speak against someone you do not consider it to be finding fault / murmuring.
Name calling and making snide remarks about people is not in love .

There is a missing place in a person who doesn't regard the word of God as truth and who would desire to bring this discordant view to the Body of Christ. There is no love of God in that.

God Bless
Jim

I hear you Jim. I understand what you are saying, however I must say to you that adopting a Biblical attitude toward false teachers and dealing with them accordingly is never the easy or convenient thing to do. But Scripture is clear and unequivocal. The Holy Spirit leaves no room for doubt as to the Biblical course.

We (I) do not enjoy the confrontation with others over things we have seen in this thread. BUT we as believers can not allow a false doctrine of man to go unchallenged. We are ordered to be faith to the Lord Jesus Christ and his precious Word. IF a false teaching is stated and left unchallenged, then those who are children in the faith will read it and see that no one corrected that teaching so they will accept it as truth. We must respond with the Word of God in as much love and friendship as possible in that particular situation.

Following that course will have a cost. Those who stand for the truth will suffer the loss of friends. Truth and error may even divide families, much less congregations, presbyteries, or denominations, but Jesus told us this would be the case if we followed Him and only Him.

Ephesians 4:14 ............
"That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive."

It is our Christian duty, in love, to share with them what we know.

Jude 1:3 tells us to ..............
"earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."

If I saw someone teaching something that was not aligned with God's Word I would tell them, and of course, I would back it up with Scripture-I would want someone to do it for me, so I'll do it for other people.

"The defense of the gospel is no indifferent matter, to be left to a few "specialists", but one to which all believers should be trained and committed."

This is the exact same post that I read on Paul verses James.
When you speak against someone you do not consider it to be finding fault / murmuring.
Name calling and making snide remarks about people is not in love .

Exactly correct!!!!

The Lord Jesus said to make your Yes's yes and your no's, no. IMO that has been done to you.

I have specifically said to you that your theology is the theology of a Judiazer. That is direct and clear and I did not say it in hate or anger. I said it as a clear comment on what you are espousing as a Bible doctrine when it is in fact NOT a Bile doctrine at all that you espouse. I have not "murmured" or spoken indirectly but instead I have directed my comments straight to YOU.

Judiazer is not name calling. It is an identification of the theology you are involved in. It is the act of adding works and rituals to the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins and that my friend is exactly why Paul wrote the letter to the Galatians. You are welcome to call me an "Old Fashioned Fuddy Duddy" because that identifies me with exactly what I post and think.

Exactly correct!!!!

The Lord Jesus said to make your Yes's yes and your no's, no. IMO that has been done to you.

I have specifically said to you that your theology is the theology of a Judiazer. That is direct and clear and I did not say it in hate or anger. I said it as a clear comment on what you are espousing as a Bible doctrine when it is in fact NOT a Bile doctrine at all that you espouse. I have not "murmured" or spoken indirectly but instead I have directed my comments straight to YOU.

Judiazer is not name calling. It is an identification of the theology you are involved in. It is the act of adding works and rituals to the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins and that my friend is exactly why Paul wrote the letter to the Galatians. You are welcome to call me an "Old Fashioned Fuddy Duddy" because that identifies me with exactly what I post and think.
Thanks so much for your comments!!!
You are right when you say ,that we are to point out error .
Baptism is for remission of sins Acts 2:38
Baptism is to wash away sins Acts 22:16 .

Thanks so much for your comments!!!
You are right when you say ,that we are to point out error .
Baptism is for remission of sins Acts 2:38
Baptism is to wash away sins Acts 22:16 .

Acts 2:38..........
"Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

This is one of the most controversial verses in Scripture without a doubt and it is always used by those who insist the baptism must accompany salvation. For you to understand it you must remember that it was originally stated as a message to Israel concerning their national crime of murdering their Messiah.

It is very much an error to link baptism with the remission of sins for salvation because nowhere do the Scriptures teach that salvation is dependent on water baptism.

Paul clearly tells us what the gospel is and water baptism is not included.

1 Corinthians 1:17............
"For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect."

1 Corinthians 15:1-4...........
"Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures."

Water baptism would have been the evidence that they had repented and had come to Christ and trusted Him. When you insist on water baptism as regeneration you are literally robing Paul to pay Peter.

2 Peter 3:15-16.........
"and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures."

Acts 22:16.........
"Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name."

My dear brother, where in that verse do YOU see WATER baptism??????
All we see is the word BAPTIZED, which is followed by ...."And wash away your sins".

Do you really believe that means WATER BAPTISM?????

One must look elsewhere to discover the only agent that can “wash away” the sins that will bring eternal condemnation, if not forgiven.

Jesus “poured out” His blood for remission of the sins of mankind in Mat. 26:28.

We are redeemed by Jesus’ blood 1 Pet. 1:18–19.

He “washed us from our sins in his own blood” as stated in Rev. 1:5; cf. 7:14.

The old hymn asks, “What can wash away my sin?” and flawlessly answers: “Nothing but the blood of Jesus.”

Unless one applies Jesus’ blood to his sins he will be eternally lost.

What, then, does Acts 22:16 teach? Not what washes away sins, but when one’s sins are “washed away.” The “what” as noted above is the blood of Jesus.

The Bible says in Romans 6:3 explicitly makes baptism the access to Jesus’ blood by saying one is “baptized into his death.”

The Scriptural conclusions are unavoidable and that is the reason I have said to you that more STUDY in the Word of God is needed.

Acts22:16 arise and be baptized to wash away your sins,calling on the name of the Lord.
Acts 2:38 Repent and be baptized EVERYONE of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins .

I hear you Jim. I understand what you are saying, however I must say to you that adopting a Biblical attitude toward false teachers and dealing with them accordingly is never the easy or convenient thing to do. But Scripture is clear and unequivocal. The Holy Spirit leaves no room for doubt as to the Biblical course.

We (I) do not enjoy the confrontation with others over things we have seen in this thread. BUT we as believers can not allow a false doctrine of man to go unchallenged. We are ordered to be faith to the Lord Jesus Christ and his precious Word. IF a false teaching is stated and left unchallenged, then those who are children in the faith will read it and see that no one corrected that teaching so they will accept it as truth. We must respond with the Word of God in as much love and friendship as possible in that particular situation.

Following that course will have a cost. Those who stand for the truth will suffer the loss of friends. Truth and error may even divide families, much less congregations, presbyteries, or denominations, but Jesus told us this would be the case if we followed Him and only Him.

Ephesians 4:14 ............

"That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive."

It is our Christian duty, in love, to share with them what we know.

Jude 1:3 tells us to ..............

"earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."

If I saw someone teaching something that was not aligned with God's Word I would tell them, and of course, I would back it up with Scripture-I would want someone to do it for me, so I'll do it for other people.

"The defense of the gospel is no indifferent matter, to be left to a few "specialists", but one to which all believers should be trained and committed."

Major Hello,
This is all true and yet there is a fine line that we must adhere to. We can show some one an error and pray about it. It is NOT our job to stay there and go on and on and on about it.
The only only thing we have going for us is that we might say something good to where it will help the other.

Then there is YET another way - speak the truth of the word and show the word - pray and WALK AWAY and let the word work. That is what the word is good at - working but if we keep our opinions and thoughts going on and on and on we are just noise in the back ground and eventually fuel some flesh along the way.

People tend to take this it is my responsibility to correct others or show them their errors into a brand new county out side of the written word of God. We speak the word and pray and walk away trusting His written word to work.

To go back and forth like this is NOT going to settle a thing. I will check back in a year on it.
ROFL
God Bless Major
Jim

Acts22:16 arise and be baptized to wash away your sins,calling on the name of the Lord.
Acts 2:38 Repent and be baptized EVERYONE of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins .

In other words, the bible is telling us to repent, come to Christ for salvation and then be baptized, for it is because of our sins being remitted we should do this...to show that we identify with Christ.

Keep studying, and praying for wisdom and guidance from the Holy Spirit, and you will come to the truth.

In other words, the bible is telling us to repent, come to Christ for salvation and then be baptized, for it is because of our sins being remitted we should do this...to show that we identify with Christ.

Keep studying, and praying for wisdom and guidance from the Holy Spirit, and you will come to the truth.
I will and I am praying that you will also.

Acts 2:38Repent andbe baptized EVERYONE of you in thename of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins.

Major Hello,
This is all true and yet there is a fine line that we must adhere to. We can show some one an error and pray about it. It is NOT our job to stay there and go on and on and on about it.
The only only thing we have going for us is that we might say something good to where it will help the other.

Then there is YET another way - speak the truth of the word and show the word - pray and WALK AWAY and let the word work. That is what the word is good at - working but if we keep our opinions and thoughts going on and on and on we are just noise in the back ground and eventually fuel some flesh along the way.

People tend to take this it is my responsibility to correct others or show them their errors into a brand new county out side of the written word of God. We speak the word and pray and walk away trusting His written word to work.

To go back and forth like this is NOT going to settle a thing. I will check back in a year on it.
ROFL
God Bless Major
Jim

A really good thought. In many ways I agree with you and in some ways I have to disagree. Then again I remember some of the back and forth postings that you and I were involved in and neither one of us said ONE thing and walked away allowing it to be the last word.

When someone is in error Biblically, and keeps repeating the same thing over and over it is the calling of some people to make sure that the error being stated is answered with the truth of God's Word.....IMO. NOT to make it confrontational personally or in an angry manner but in a way of Christian teaching so that person can learn and grow.

1 Peter 3:15.........
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear".

That tells me that we are supposed to know more than just a little bit about the Bible AND be prepared to defend it when approached.

Back