1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Is God Restoring My Relationship Or Am I Imagining Things?

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by ChangingMyself, Aug 2, 2013.

1. I feel bad for typing that title it just sounds wrong. At the beginning of the year an ex of mine and me reunited. We fought a lot before our break up. I can be very difficult to get along with and just super sensitive and overbearing and negative to the max. Well he came back professing he loved me and wanted to work on getting married etc. Well his brother was diagnosed with cancer shortly after and things fell apart again because I was still angry with him. We fought a lot and again 2 weeks ago he broke up with me :(

Well I have been praying because i feel bad for the ways I have been. I was not very understanding to his situations and mean and stuff. Well I been praying because my ex said it was over and I wanted God to restore my relationship. After a long weekend of me suffering and asking God for help suddenly on Sunday evening my ex transferred money into my account stating he knew I needed help a few weeks back and so he sent me some money to help. After that I thanked God and still doubted him even though I prayed for restoration. I thought my ex was just being nice. Then a couple nights ago I completely fell apart and prayed to God WHY WHY WHY help me please show me if this is the one for me! On top of my break up I have a few health issues and I just was calling out to God to help in some way or another. Then the next evening my ex emailed me again saying he was checking on me to see how I was doing. I told him I missed him and he said he missed him too. Then we went back and forth a few times and he went on to say how he feels weak and he's hurting. Then that was the last time I heard from him. I'm feeling doubtful again. I keep seeking God. I'm praying. Listening to sermons...reading my bible. I fell apart again last night. Crying and fell asleep listening to the word. :( I'm lost.
  2. I think we all struggle with making God a 'human' type deity; we are created in the image of God-but we are NOT holy like God. Though that is our goal-to be more like Him. That being said-we have a tendency to think of God as the 'cleaner upper' of our messes. God does not do that. He let's us stew in the consequences of our sin. We are responsible for getting our hearts tied up in all sorts of messes-then expect God to get us out. It doesn't work like that.

If you want to receive blessings from God, first we must have faith; second, we must be obedient; third, we must be good stewards and mindful of His law (the way he wants things done-not the way we think they should be done) and fourth; any blessing worth having from God requires some sort of sacrifice on our part. EXAMPLE: If you want to have a blessed relationship-you need to do it God's way and set the physical and emotional desires out of the way and seek the spiritual aspects of getting into a marriage relationship.

God wants us to put spiritual things first-then He will bless the physical; which is why 'boyfriend -girlfriend' relationships are not condoned (Nor is dating/ 'hooking up'). God is all about commitment: courting as an engaged couple while keeping your hands, mouths and any other body part off of each other; and then a healthy (physical) marriage. A union of two fleshes if you will. Once you 'give up your virgin' you have given away the prize meant for any spouse that God may have prepared for you. (This includes both men and women)

If you want God to first Bless and then Honor your relationship with anyone; you have to learn how to do it His way-and then DO IT!

As many of us do, we often confuse our warm gooey feelings as something God is smiling upon-nine times out of ten it is our flesh fooling us. Love is not a feeling-it is an act of your will to follow God and to 'do good' in all circumstances-especially when we don't want too...
  3. I don't think of God as a human type deity I also don't expect him to clean up my mess. Never have. I just wanted to clear that up. Thanks
  4. Good to know... :)
    ChangingMyself likes this.
  5. Wondrously, the Lord Jesus is perfectly man and perfectly God, the Word Who became flesh. He died at the Cross for sinners and rose again and is able to sympathize perfectly with the human condition, sin apart. Those who love Him and trust Him can say: "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:15-16)
  6. I believe only God knows my heart what I'm going through. I believe he understands how I feel. I believe he is trying to help me because I have been through so much pain.
  7. That probably is true-but God-Jesus Christ, is more concerned with getting your heart straight with Him first, therefore enhancing your other relationships.

God wants to be your #1 relationship (He is a 'jealous' God); so when you and He are walking the same path, He will guide you in your other relationships along the way.

He is the Great Physician for your 'heart condition...(But you have to follow the Doctor's prescription)...
  8. #8 aha, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013

It made me wonder before why Paul need to use ”submit/ respect for the wife instead of using the same word “love “ for the husband.

Imo, if that is the design: it will work best as designed……

Ephesians 5

Instructions for Christian Households

21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[c] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband
  9. One aspect of faith is not trying to push God the way you want Him to go. It's easier to recognize someone else doing it than you doing it yourself.

To desire your relationship with your ex be restored is good, but are you sure that is what God wants for you right now? God may saying wait because you and/or he are not ready to be together yet. You say you broke up with him again recently due to a fight. That may be a sign you two are not ready yet.

Ask God to point out any problem areas in your life that might be hindering the relationship, and deal with what He reveals. Pray for your ex also.

Trust God. If He wants you two to be back together, He will do it at the proper time. Wait on Him. Chomping at the bit or going on ahead will just lead to frustration and trouble.
  10. I don't think that God can tell you whether or not you love this man, but one thing is for sure: you need each other right now. He needs your support just as much as you need his. However, I think you should reconsider your behavior in this relationship. Fix what's in your head (this article can help http://www.askwiki.net/How-to-Fix-a-Relationship) and try to be nice to him.
  11. "He's just not that into you"

Relationships where the person has to be given a chance to make up their minds are completely draining. Apart from having a low success rate.

You deserve someone who is fully committed - into you.

The "back and forthness" is sometimes a very long beginning of the end.

Take time to take care of yourself, your relationship in Christ. Once your heart and your head are clear, it is usually in this space that you find good things.

You deseve the Best!
  12. Hi...

I just thought to share with you a vision i recently had of Jesus Christ

a Vision I had was a few months ago. I spent two weeks fasting and praying night and day. as I needed god desperately as I had suffered too much pain recently and I could not bare it. I also had many questions in my heart, I wanted to know who Jesus really was, if he was the son of god, or if he was god, and I also had questions of my life.
    after two weeks of praying and fasting. I was taken into a vision into the highest mountains that were so beautiful and my eye site was perfect. I was there in my spiritual body, as I could not be there in my physical body.
    I carried in my spirit the questions that I had for god. He then proceeded to answer every one of them without words that can be heard by the physical body, but by the spiritual body.

I then was shown the most humble man I ever saw before. he was wearing humble brown robes and a beard. He was showing me how he came to earth, and showed the way of peace, and how he came to earth and he was so kind to the people. I wanted to know who this man was, and I asked god why this man was so kind to the people, and that I wanted to know him. God then shone a light upon this man...and god said this "I came to earth as a man, because it was the only way".
    I then saw Jesus showing me how he came to earth as a man and not a woman for a specific reason to fullfull all richousness. he showed me how he trains the men to be soldiers of god, he trains their spirits to run up mountains towards him. he then explained that if he did not come to earth as man, men would be weak (femenine or homosexuals) and that woman are made to serve there husbands as this is appropriate richousness for a woman to serve god. a woman is not to be like a man (femenism or lesbionism).

God then showed me his face close up. I tried to draw this when I awoke from the vision but I was not allowed to, only my memory is allowed to see him, for it is sin to draw his face as it can be used as an idol.
    When I saw this man face to face...it was the first time I met the most beautiful creation I could ever meet, and I knew I just met Jesus Christ, as the holy spirit of the one god, confirmed this in my spirit.
    when I looked upon jesus, he was full of laughter, happyness, eternal life. He carried with himself, three things. Strength, Child-likeness, Love. He then proceeded to show me his form, which I saw was The father God, the son Jesus and the holy spirit. His hair color was rather amazing, as I saw the roots of his hair were brown and youthfulness represented eternal life and halfway down his long hair, the ends were grey which represented the father god who has been their from the beggining, I then saw his spirit which was the holy spirit of god that held these three things (Strength, Childlike, love). I then saw him put on a joker hat at the end, which had three colors (Red, Blue, white) which represented how the father, the son and the holy spirit are one. He then showed me, how he is the "Joker" of the universe and that he tests peoples hearts. he then smiled such an amazing smile like a child and turned around and ran away and turned into a child running into the distance. I then immediately awoke and was amazed.