Is God Concerned with our every word we speak ?

1. I said words have nothing to do with our faith. You then reply with nothing but examples of how we can brainwash ourselves. You need to try again....as brainwashing is from the pits of hell....and I am not exaggerating...

2. How so? We are to have more then just faith in Jesus?

3. Please explain.

4. Dig deeper into what? Words having power? Like God?

5. Accusing me of this, being closed to correction / critical inquiry and proposing that I need to learn more are warning signs of a mind control leader.

Warning Signs of a Harmful Leader:

1. Totalitarian: Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
2. Little tolerance: No place for questions or critical inquiry.
3. Unreasonable fears.
4. Never good enough: Followers feel they can never be good enough.
5. No reason to leave: Former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

I said Please be open to the chance............you turned it into something else.

Please keep sharing F
I want to start a thread on the power of words and how important are our words even unto our faith.

So feel free to jump in and post your thoughts and we will bring in scripture and shine up some truth about the biblical concept on words.....
Thank You and May God bless us all richly with His wisdom as we explore His take on words.
Jim
Please keep sharing, please, please!!!!!

Pro 13:3.. He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.

Pro 10:19.. In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.

Pro 21:23.. Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

Psa 39:1.. To the chief Musician, even to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.

Jas 1:26.. If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Pro 13:2.. A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth: but the soul of the transgressors shall eat violence.

Last edited:
Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

We see that in the Greek text the word Power - is Hand
And they that Love it - is Holding It

So then the verse can read...........Death and life are in the "Hand of the tongue" and they that "Hold the tongue" shall eat the fruit there of.
Before we even look into what James has said - I want to expound on this one verse for a while.

Lets look at it is in your hands..............
I ask you to help me out down at the store. I tell you that I have a truck coming in and the manifest was printed wrong and do not have time to change it.

I explain to you that the first 5 pages go in truck number 2 and not truck number 22. I also let you know that everything but the last page is going to the back ware house and not on truck 33 as the manifest says and the last page is actually going into the storefront and not to the ware house.

I go over this with you and ask if you understand this..........you say oh yea I got it down and don't worry it will be done as asked....... I say you sure now because I Leave This In Your Hands.........which means you have the power to make it right or the power to make it wrong.......

It is the same in this scripture............
Our words have the power to bless or curse and are life and death.

So the words we chose to release.......either have power to work for us or the power to work against us. I mean.........
Curse would be against us and Blessing would be for us.
Life would be for us and death would be against us.

So through the hand of the tongue we release the power of words to either work for us or against us.

Step Back for a moment and think about this one thing..........if this were Not So then why Did the Father Our Creator make such a deal about words and the tongue through out His written word ? If it was simply about speaking non cuss words and such then He would have addressed this accordingly .

However God has gone to great lengths to show us the tongue or words are power and work for or against us. It really does not matter if you or i believe this or think it says something else.........all that matters is what God means by it or another words how things work...........

Therefore..........When applying Faith - you need to speak Faith words.
If words have the power to bless or curse.........Then really what would you want your words to be doing as you are standing by Faith ? Working for you or against you ?

Any word contrary to the written word of God spoken as you stand in Faith will go to work against your faith. Such as I don't know how God can heal me of this cold I feel coming on......You know me and mamma always get the death of a cold and i don't see why it wont be this way this time too. I am standing in Faith the God will heal me of this cold..........

No ! You need to be speaking Faith into your situation. I don't care what it feels like..........I am healed ............This is called fighting the good fight of Faith...........

Now satan has gotten in here over the generations and worked hard to convince us that words are just words and mean nothing.........Why ? So he can have an open door unto your words or be the Hand or Power of Your Tongue..............Think about it........ satan is behind all the religious beliefs about what is truth in Gods word and what is for us today and so forth........
he is trying to keep you a crippled ol has been sinner who has no power or authority over him and can cause him no harm..........then he can govern your life and even get you to think it is Gods will for you...........

Back to Proverbs 18 :21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

You will eat the fruit of your words no matter what they are.........
Gods words.........Gods fruit..........idol or words opposed to the written word of God will bring you Results or Fruit opposed to Gods Blessing........

This is why satan has worked so hard to blind this from people..........
when satan can influence your words - yea he can and does do this.......
any word or thought opposed to the written word of God was directed to your thinking by no other then Your Enemy the devil..........

I am stopping here for now...........but have much more to say about words and Gods directions to us through out His written word about Our Words...
.......Greek reference came from the APB bible and the Letter and number references found as well in the attachment are to Strong's Concordance
IMG_20151016_235221.JPG

God Bless
Jim

Proverbs 18:21

We see that in the Greek text the word Power - is Hand
And they that Love it - is Holding It

So then the verse can read...........Death and life are in the "Hand of the tongue" and they that "Hold the tongue" shall eat the fruit there of.
Before we even look into what James has said - I want to expound on this one verse for a while.

Lets look at it is in your hands..............
I ask you to help me out down at the store. I tell you that I have a truck coming in and the manifest was printed wrong and do not have time to change it.

I explain to you that the first 5 pages go in truck number 2 and not truck number 22. I also let you know that everything but the last page is going to the back ware house and not on truck 33 as the manifest says and the last page is actually going into the storefront and not to the ware house.

I go over this with you and ask if you understand this..........you say oh yea I got it down and don't worry it will be done as asked....... I say you sure now because I Leave This In Your Hands.........which means you have the power to make it right or the power to make it wrong.......

It is the same in this scripture............
Our words have the power to bless or curse and are life and death.

So the words we chose to release.......either have power to work for us or the power to work against us. I mean.........
Curse would be against us and Blessing would be for us.
Life would be for us and death would be against us.

So through the hand of the tongue we release the power of words to either work for us or against us.

Step Back for a moment and think about this one thing..........if this were Not So then why Did the Father Our Creator make such a deal about words and the tongue through out His written word ? If it was simply about speaking non cuss words and such then He would have addressed this accordingly .

However God has gone to great lengths to show us the tongue or words are power and work for or against us. It really does not matter if you or i believe this or think it says something else.........all that matters is what God means by it or another words how things work...........

Therefore..........When applying Faith - you need to speak Faith words.
If words have the power to bless or curse.........Then really what would you want your words to be doing as you are standing by Faith ? Working for you or against you ?

Any word contrary to the written word of God spoken as you stand in Faith will go to work against your faith. Such as I don't know how God can heal me of this cold I feel coming on......You know me and mamma always get the death of a cold and i don't see why it wont be this way this time too. I am standing in Faith the God will heal me of this cold..........

No ! You need to be speaking Faith into your situation. I don't care what it feels like..........I am healed ............This is called fighting the good fight of Faith...........

Now satan has gotten in here over the generations and worked hard to convince us that words are just words and mean nothing.........Why ? So he can have an open door unto your words or be the Hand or Power of Your Tongue..............Think about it........ satan is behind all the religious beliefs about what is truth in Gods word and what is for us today and so forth........
he is trying to keep you a crippled ol has been sinner who has no power or authority over him and can cause him no harm..........then he can govern your life and even get you to think it is Gods will for you...........

Back to Proverbs 18 :21

You will eat the fruit of your words no matter what they are.........
Gods words.........Gods fruit..........idol or words opposed to the written word of God will bring you Results or Fruit opposed to Gods Blessing........

This is why satan has worked so hard to blind this from people..........
when satan can influence your words - yea he can and does do this.......
any word or thought opposed to the written word of God was directed to your thinking by no other then Your Enemy the devil..........

I am stopping here for now...........but have much more to say about words and Gods directions to us through out His written word about Our Words...
.......Greek reference came from the APB bible and the Letter and number references found as well in the attachment are to Strong's Concordance
View attachment 2018

God Bless
Jim
Amen!!!! I will be keeping this to meditate on.

Amen!!!! I will be keeping this to meditate on.
That is always a good thing. I know I went kind of alll over the board but wanted to touch on many things and not write a book. lol - However there is somuch more and somany more scriptures to go with this one.

I have been putting a lot of time in this one area as God leads over the last couple of years and let me tell you this one thing.........it seems like it it easy at first but let me tell you as time goesmon and God starts drawing attention to things ( words and word sayings ) it does not take long at all to grasp you need to learn how to talk all over again..

I would think - hey I am getting a handle on this........umm hmmm sure I was - lol - that was the easy beginning to all of this. He just keeps going deeper and deeper. Now with that said I must also say it is rewarding and so worth it. It really truly changes things or the out come of things and gives God an ample place to work.

I tried to do this several times before but the same ol members would just run ity into the ground and I would have it closed.........Not this time...... I am going to keep this threrad going if I have to talk to my self.

Just as much as Love and Forgiveness is a vital part of Faith so are Words.
Proverbs 4:20-24
20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.

Any way thank you very much and there is much more to chew on.
God Bless
Your Brother in Christ
Jim

Proverbs 18:21King James Version (KJV)
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Matthew 12:36King James Version (KJV)
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

There is power in our words, as you see this topic has been brought up in both old, and new testament. our word have the power to build, and at the same time destroy. Remember our words are a part of our testimony, people are listening to you. the words that leave our mouths are apart of our character, so always speak life

Proverbs 18:21King James Version (KJV)
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Matthew 12:36King James Version (KJV)
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

There is power in our words, as you see this topic has been brought up in both old, and new testament. our word have the power to build, and at the same time destroy. Remember our words are a part of our testimony, people are listening to you. the words that leave our mouths are apart of our character, so always speak life
Nathan Allen Hello,
Thank you for your reply and yes our words are part pof our tesimony and people do hear them And Yet our words do so much more then that.

As we have seen life or death are in our words....... our words dictate the direction our lives go. Our words influence greatly the situations we find our selves in. Our words will usher in Victory or Defeat. Our words are Life and death blessing and cursing - Gods words are life and health to them that find them...........so speak His words.....see His results and see abundance and health in your life.
Blessings
Jim

I would think he might!
God cares about our every action, so I don't see why our every word might be different!

Before you speak think to yourself "Is this the sort of speech Lord Jesus would wish to hear?"

Words go way past is this the sort of speech God woulod want to hear.
Words work for or against us.
Just as much as God is searching for His word to be spoken and released by us - the devil is after our every word as well. See the devil understands ther power of words and he uses this against you.

Our words can give him a shot at us that he did not have coming or give him an area to work against you or your prayers etc. Words asrelife and words are death and blessing and cursing.

The problem that people dont see - when we sspeak Gods word we must stand and fight the good fight of faith because our enemy the devil comes right then and there to steel, kill and destroy for the words sake. The devil fights against our words of faith.

No then on the flip side - we are the ones who have to fight against wrods we say that arte opposed to Gods word. The devil will jump on them in a heart beat and that is why James3:6
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

The word course can be changed to Wheel so we read the wheel of nature.
This means our words set things into motion and what James is showing us is that any woird opposed to Gods written word - begins the "wheel of nature" and it is set on fire of hell.

This area is my next area I am going to cover Soon !
God Bless
Jim

Back