Is God Concerned with our every word we speak ?

This God looks to our heart is the most mis-used scripture around - it is used like a get out of jail free card as if it were a game. Motives......our Motives is where God looks to the heart. Another words why we did something - the reason inside us........Dont kid your self....good intentions do not always make things right.
Yes lol I agree. Only because we lie to ourselves and others. God looks beyond all the lies.

And Also the written word of God is Seed. It takes this seed ( His Word ) to be planted (received) into our hearts and Watered or as Luke describes it keep it moist which means keeping His word flowing and in and through you.

Seed always grows down before it grows up. It must take root and it only can if you continue keeping His written word before your eyes and in your mouth.

Now Then Here Is Where Many Miss It
Many Christians think they can simply allow anything into their minds and no harm is done.
Once something gets into your mind then it becomes a part of your thinking and once it becomes a part of your thinking then it heavily influences your believing.
Then you got to "Root it Up" or another words remove all this stuff out of your being and get Gods word in there.

Word of God is seed
Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God
So Faith is planted in us.........Faith must be developed and grown through the written word of God.

God plants a seed of faith in each of us-
It takes Gods word to develop your faith - ( Life Long Process )
So if you fill your head which leads to your heart or core being with junk out side of Gods word then your faith ( Gods WORD ) in you can not grow and produce the fruit that it should.

Just so you know.........your very own words - play a heavy and most important part on what you beleive. Try this little test........begin to spell your name inside your head ( quietly ) then out loud with your mouth - speak the alphabet........What happened to the spelling of your name in your head ?

That is how our brains function.......it does not matter if you beleive this or if you do not - it does not change how the brain works........Your Very Own Words gains your brains full attention - even if you dont see this. You speak something enough and it becomes rock solid in how you beleive.

You can tell a lie bragging you did something day after day and eventually - you will truly beleive you did it and forget it was a lie.........it is the way the brain works........

Blessings Kj.............
Jim, this '''begin to spell your name inside your head ( quietly ) then out loud with your mouth - speak the alphabet........What happened to the spelling of your name in your head // You speak something enough and it becomes rock solid in how you beleive'' has nothing to do with Christian faith.

All you are proposing in the second half of your post is brainwashing. Faith is something that can exist in isolation. You are right on that. Placebo effects prove it.

Christian faith is faith in Jesus. Faith that Jesus saves us, is diety, was raised from the dead and will keep us for eternity. This is a gift from God. We cannot believe in Jesus this way unless the Holy Spirit reveals Him to us 1 Cor 12:3. Our words have absolutely nothing to do with that. Christian faith can also be seen us a knowing that God / Jesus and the Holy Spirit are there. Only unseen by the human eye. Words again have absolutely nothing to do with this.

The purpose of studying scripture / renewing our mind is simply to grow closer to God. Like two spouses in a marriage. Words can influence a marriage. But if I curse my wife everyday it is because I do not love her like I should in my heart. You have the cart before the horse. Are you proposing my wife will love me more if I compliment her more? Or I will love her more if I compliment her more?

It seems to me that you are not liasing with God as your Father. You are treating faith as one thing and Christianity (relationship with God the Father) as something else. It is how the Jews related to God.

The only scripture that I feel is worth discussing on words related to our faith is Rom 10:9 ''Confess with your mouth and believe in your heart''.

Paul is not proposing that the words alone carry any weight. He wants us to be fully convinced in our mind and our heart.

Last edited:
17 Jesus replied,“Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood,but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church,and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keysof the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

Jesus Predicts His Death
21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter,“Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Yes this passage is interesting. Especially vs 19 and 23.

I do believe we have power to bind and loose. We have God's ears and as we know Moses was able to get God to halt / delay His punishment on those worshipping the golden calf. So scripture definitely points in the direction of God taking our requests seriously. A crystal clear sign of His respect / love / concern for us. He is such a good God.

We just have to ensure that the glory for the power all goes to God. My only gripe is if we somehow propose we have any power. There are Christians that say ''leave sickness'' with no ''in Jesus name''.

All power belongs to God .
and if you was the Lord then You do not need to say or do anything in "Jesus name"
When the serophonecian woman kept crying unto the Lord in irritation they said to the Lord she crieth unto us send her away .
They of course were quite wrong. She was not crying unto the disciples but unto the Lord .
It is not me or us that people need so much but the Lord.
When Peter and John went up to the temple via the beutifull gate they came across a man lame from birth .
Its worth a thought that Jesus must have passed him by often so why was he not healed before?
But Peter said look on US and when the man did so thinkign he was going to receive some coin . He got rather the words "in the name of Jesus Christ rise up and walk "
The effect was instant and he took him by the hand and helped him to his feet and as he rose up he was healed .
But when one and all began to praise the disciples they said "why look on us!?"
It is faith in His name that healed this man .

in Christ
gerald

The only scripture that I feel is worth discussing on words related to our faith is Rom 10:9 ''Confess with your mouth and believe in your heart''.

Paul is not proposing that the words alone carry any weight. He wants us to be fully convinced in our mind and our heart.

There has to be a solid foundation for what we believe .
You can be convinced in your mind and believe in your heart that I am going to give you 50 pounds. But if I have not promised it or given any words to indicate that I will, your hope is in vain.
Words do carry weight and they do a "work"
If the seed is the WORD of God then the seed of the serpent is the word of the devil.
The words the serpent spoke or whispered in the ears of Eve did in very truth did a work.
If what we so so also shall we reap .Then words also can be sown , For is not the Word of God as a seed?
What then do we sow?
or what manner of conversations do we have?

The devil sows tares when men sleep . It is not unreasonable to think that while the serpent was speaking to Eve ; Adam was in one way or the other asleep .
It is often the case when we should be awake we are asleep .
In the garden of Eden the Lord said the spirit is willing but the flesh weak pray ye that ye fall not into temptation "
ALL temptations are designed to get you I and all to work or function in the flesh in some way where it si the flesh that rules and not the Spirit .
If the Lord had gone to sleep and not prayed he would have died in the garden. Instead of on the cross .
if the disciples had been awake rather than asleep they would have been able to face what was to come with faith and confidence .
But thanks be unto God almighty .The Lord was as faithful in the end as he was in the beginning .
and where as Adam failed in the garden of Eden. Jesus Conquered in the garden of gethsemane.

"With the mouth confession si made unto salvation"
if we confess Christ before men .The Lord will confess us before the Father .
If we deny the Lord before men .He will deny us before the father .

It is not what goes into a mans mouth that defiles us but what comes out of the mouth from the heart that defiles men.
said Jesus .

I once talked to a young Muslim man and asked him "did he not believe that Jesus was a true prophet of God ?
He said yes .I then said did he not know that Jesus taught that if you look at a woman with lust in your heart you have committed adultery already?
To his credit he allowed the words to sink into his heart and shine a light there. His face sank and he confessed "then we are all guilty then" I replied "thou said it " He then ruined himself by seeking to justify himself and deny the truth and witness of his own heart and words "but its the womans fault "

In Christ
gerald

Are we not called or made to be priests and kings unto God?
of what order of priesthood?
Not of Levi , for I am not of the tribe of Levi and a priesthood of the flesh needs must be of the tribe of Levi to be acceptable to God .
But they were given for our ensamples.
Jesus as it is laid our in Hebrews is our high priest who ever intercedes for us as high priest .
Who speaks on our behalf to God as he speaks to Men on Gods as it were.
The high priest of old had an ephod on his chest or heart ,upon which was the precious stones symbolic of the tribes of Israel.
When he went into the Holy of Holies he therefore aproached God for the people . as well as Himself .
If we are made priests unto God did they not of old, enter into the holy place to administer the things of God also for the people?
To ensure the alter of incense (prayer) was continually lit as a sweet offerign unto God?
Did not Samuel reply to the people of God after ; under God, rebuking them for seeking a king like other nations "that shall I sin to stop praying for you?"
Then I would suggest to you that "OUR father" has more meaning to it than you suppose .
and that when we pray we should as far as it is possible to be in us be aware we are part of a body and when we may with boldness into the presence of God ..
I would still argue that into the Most Holy place only ONE may still enter .
In that it is In Jesus name of the same mind and purpose at its most highest .
For are we not called to climb the hill of the Lord? With tears if needs must if oft with joy and thansk giving.
What do you see as you climb a hill? if not more than you did at the bottom of the hill?
and at the bottom of the hill we see little and only what we see as it were . Nothing wrong with that .
But we have the privilidge to climb the hill of the Lord and become partakers not only of the divine nature but also "co-workers with God" and as we climb we may from time to time stop and rest and look back and their laid out before us in some measure is how God sees things .
and the more we climb the more we see . To pray in Jesus name is not to simply add his name to the end of our prayers .
But it is to see things as God would have us see things and pray accordingly in Jesus name .
To be gathered geographically together in Jesus name does not mean at all that all who are so gathered are of the same mind or see the same things .
In the book of acts they all prayed with ONE voice . meaning of the same mind expressed in prayer .
They were in very truth praying in Jesus name . Beign not only geographically in the same place but in a "unity of the faith" or understanding also .
When Jesus thus taught us to pray after this patter n "OUR father ....." It is more than simply being geographically all in the same place. But to be aware as much as we are able like at the Lords supper of the Lords body.
and thus to pray on our bretherens behalf for him . As much if not more than ourselves.
For what is a brother? If not one of the same household and of the same father .
and what then is a nieghbour if not of another household and of another father .
Are we not then to good to all men expecialy to the household of faith ?
and to love our neighbour as ourselves?
in Christ
gerald

I fail to see how this follows as a response to my post. Thanks, anyway!

Where do you get that from?

I have to point out that I said more than just that .
But i will expand on what I said before .

Math 26:14 "Watch and pray lest ye enter into temptation: the spirit is indeed willing but the flesh is weak"

ALL temptations from what ever direction they may come from are designed to get the flesh to rule and reign to obey it in the lusts thereof . "The lust of the flesh of the eye and the mind and the pride of life "
When Jesus replied to his mother " Woman what hast thou to do with me ?,seeing that mine hour is not yet come " It was not till the end of the gospel of John does he say "Now is mine hour come " and in another place for this hour came I into the world.
What hour? The hour when wicked men would take Him at their will and do as they would will. according to the scriptures .
The evil hour was upon him ,The weight of the sin of the whole world was bearing down upon his flesh and all the host of hell were bearing their teeth so to speak.For 3 and a half years he had "endured the contradiction of sinners" he had refused to compromise with the world the flesh or the devil. he had overcome every temptation first in the wilderness "for a season" and through out those years of ministry when men by another sort of inspiration if they did but know it , had sought ways to ensnare him and finally sought ways to kill him.
The Lord had walked through this world unspotted undefiled incorruptable and the freest man alive .Who did the will of God and went about doing good despite all opposition and misunderstandings and unbelief . In the very night he was betrayed the cruelest of all by one who sat at table with him at the same night of greatest betrayal he sougth the deepest fellowship. and to the one who was to be tray him he extended still his own bread dipped in his own wine a great honour to the one it is offered to by the Lord of the feast .
It is almost like a man extending his hand in love and fellowship still ,with the knowledge that it is going to be cut off .
By it he showed that nothing would stop him doing the will of the Father .
When it came to the garden he took the 11 and entered into the garden . ALL true born children of God do or can in some measure enter that garden with the Lord with all its suffering and fellowship in prayer "thy kingdom come ,thy will be done .."
But havign taken the 11 he then took Peter James and John a little further . and then he himself went a little further still apart. and prayed .
But not before he had warned them to WATCH and pray .........." Its amazing how often we are able to stay awake to see a film or read a book .But to kneel down to pray we fall asleep or are drowzy in a moment .
"I keep my flesh under" or in subjection said Paul. To what ? His will? No not really but to the Spirit by the Spirit .and kept the flesh in its proper as it were constitutional position.
Why did eh say to watch and pray? Lest ye enter into temptation...." We overcome temptation b y prayer before during and after .
Jesus was a man he had the body of a man it was not corrupted by sin but it was still flesh . The flesh cannot do the will of God .
The flesh cannot overcome temptation and nor could it withstand the monumental pressure that was now upon the Lord .
If the flesh 'ruled ' he would die in the garden . It is reported that for a man to sweat blood you are close to death.
he knew that the spirit is indeed willing but the flesh is weak . For eh also knew "the arm of flesh will fail you" So he prayed that deaths cup would pass from him. With tears and strong crying unto God said Peter .
It was not as some have said that he was now afraid of the cross and death and wanted it to not. he had said nearly from the beginning he had come to die" for the sin of the world " He knew this hour would come and rebuked Peter when he tried to dissuade him of it .
He also knew by the scriptures he could not die in the garden but for the scriptures to be fulfilled he had to die on the cross .
Thus he prayed agonising prayers that the cup of death would pass from him . and Peter sorry Paul said "in the days of his flesh when he ahd offered up prayers and supplications, with strong crying and tears, unto him that was able to save him from death , and was heard in that he feared."
He prayed according to the known will and word of God that the cup of death would pass from him . and it was that knowledge that gave him strength to pray as he did .
If he had not prayed his flesh would have succumbed to death.
But even then though HIS will was to do the will of Him that sent Him. The will of man cannot do the will of God and nor could the Lord endure what had to be endured by his own will.
So he said nevertheless not my will be done but thine .
Meaning that his will was in submission to the Fathers will who was IN him. and thus it was the will of God that was done and could be done not his own.
What sayeth the scriptures? " It is GOD that worketh with in us both to will and to do the will of God ."
The disciples had their own temptations and challenges . But where as the Lord stayed awake and secured the future . The disciples fell asleep and were neither ready or able to face what they were about to face because of it .
The Lord did indceed tread the wine press alone .
If the devil whispers in someones ear well that means he COULD have failed . Then simply reply. But he did not ,Glory to God .

in Christ
gerald

I have to point out that I said more than just that .
But i will expand on what I said before .

Only that caught my eye and still do not think the text says what you are saying it says.

No where do I read that had Jesus fallen asleep in the garden, then He would have died in the garden and not on the cross. I just do not see that anywhere and is truly the first time I have ever heard such a thing.

Only that caught my eye and still do not think the text says what you are saying it says.

No where do I read that had Jesus fallen asleep in the garden, then He would have died in the garden and not on the cross. I just do not see that anywhere and is truly the first time I have ever heard such a thing.

Thats fair enough ,
But when he told his disciples to watch and pray lest ye fall into temptation. Do you not think that it also applied to him?
Meaning if he did not watch and pray he too would have fallen into temptation.
The disciples did and they fell .
Jesus did not and conquered and was ready to face what lay ahead .

It was not if he had slept that he would have died so much but that he had not stayed awake "watchfull unto prayer "
The cup he prayed to pass from him was without doubt the cup of death.
If the nhe had not prayed earnestly that it pass him .he would then have died and for the reasons I have laid out .His flesh would have failed him.

in Christ
gerald

Thats fair enough ,
But when he told his disciples to watch and pray lest ye fall into temptation. Do you not think that it also applied to him?
Meaning if he did not watch and pray he too would have fallen into temptation.
The disciples did and they fell .
Jesus did not and conquered and was ready to face what lay ahead .

It was not if he had slept that he would have died so much but that he had not stayed awake "watchfull unto prayer "
The cup he prayed to pass from him was without doubt the cup of death.
If the nhe had not prayed earnestly that it pass him .he would then have died and for the reasons I have laid out .His flesh would have failed him.

in Christ
gerald

It is a bit dangerous to suggest that Jesus could have failed at any point in His life. Jesus is God, yet He was man, but He was incapable of sinning or failing.

It is a bit dangerous to suggest that Jesus could have failed at any point in His life. Jesus is God, yet He was man, but He was incapable of sinning or failing.

If you had read my post more carefully I had already anticipated that suggestion the devil whispers in peoples ears and answered it.
The Lord is called the LAST Adam. he is then likened unto the first .
Though the scriptures say that the first Adam was" a foreshadow of Him who was to come"
My answer to that whisper is the same I would give to you?
He did not and the reason he did not was he did what he asked his disciples to do .

The scriptures say "if we walk in the Spirit we shall NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh"
The reason why the disciples failed was because they did not watch and pray despite the warning .
The reason why Jesus over came was because he DID watch and pray and continued to do so till he got the asnwer from heaven and the cup of death passed him by till Gods appointed time not the devils./
So that the scriptures might be fulfilled.
He was tempted in all points as all men are.
That does not mean he was tempted with all the temptations that are possible.
It means that in all POINTS . "The lust of the eye , the pride of life ,the lust of the flesh and the lust of the mind"
ALL temptations are to that end .
Jesus showed us not only how to watch and pray but do so in the light of the Word of God to pray accordingly .
The will of God was that he should die as a lamb to take away the sin of the world at the time appointed.
He was dying in the garden of Eden .
His flesh was failing and had no strength to withstand the pressures coming upon Him .
As he said it "the flesh is weak"
So he prayed till God strengthened him,
it is not "dangerous" to think of the battle that was fought that night and no greater battle was ever fought or since.
What was won that night wrought the victory on the cross .
When the children of Israel were in a great battle with their enemies Moses sat on a rock and lifted up the rod in both his hands and while he lifted it up the battle went with isreal >But when he grew tired and hsi arms fell the battle went to the enemy . So Joshua (?) and another Arron(?) held up his arms till the battle was won .
I dont know why that had to be so But it was .
God is a LIVING God . He is what he is that he might be what he is .
Jesus is the incorruptable one .
But how do you know?
"His life was the light of men "

in Christ
gerald

If you had read my post more carefully I had already anticipated that suggestion the devil whispers in peoples ears and answered it.
The Lord is called the LAST Adam. he is then likened unto the first .
Though the scriptures say that the first Adam was" a foreshadow of Him who was to come"
My answer to that whisper is the same I would give to you?
He did not and the reason he did not was he did what he asked his disciples to do .

The scriptures say "if we walk in the Spirit we shall NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh"
The reason why the disciples failed was because they did not watch and pray despite the warning .
The reason why Jesus over came was because he DID watch and pray and continued to do so till he got the asnwer from heaven and the cup of death passed him by till Gods appointed time not the devils./
So that the scriptures might be fulfilled.
He was tempted in all points as all men are.
That does not mean he was tempted with all the temptations that are possible.
It means that in all POINTS . "The lust of the eye , the pride of life ,the lust of the flesh and the lust of the mind"
ALL temptations are to that end .
Jesus showed us not only how to watch and pray but do so in the light of the Word of God to pray accordingly .
The will of God was that he should die as a lamb to take away the sin of the world at the time appointed.
He was dying in the garden of Eden .
His flesh was failing and had no strength to withstand the pressures coming upon Him .
As he said it "the flesh is weak"
So he prayed till God strengthened him,
it is not "dangerous" to think of the battle that was fought that night and no greater battle was ever fought or since.
What was won that night wrought the victory on the cross .
When the children of Israel were in a great battle with their enemies Moses sat on a rock and lifted up the rod in both his hands and while he lifted it up the battle went with isreal >But when he grew tired and hsi arms fell the battle went to the enemy . So Joshua (?) and another Arron(?) held up his arms till the battle was won .
I dont know why that had to be so But it was .
God is a LIVING God . He is what he is that he might be what he is .
Jesus is the incorruptable one .
But how do you know?
"His life was the light of men "

in Christ
gerald
Uh...you're preaching to the choir, mate.

Jim, this '''begin to spell your name inside your head ( quietly ) then out loud with your mouth - speak the alphabet........What happened to the spelling of your name in your head // You speak something enough and it becomes rock solid in how you beleive'' has nothing to do with Christian faith.

All you are proposing in the second half of your post is brainwashing. Faith is something that can exist in isolation. You are right on that. Placebo effects prove it.

Christian faith is faith in Jesus. Faith that Jesus saves us, is diety, was raised from the dead and will keep us for eternity. This is a gift from God. We cannot believe in Jesus this way unless the Holy Spirit reveals Him to us 1 Cor 12:3. Our words have absolutely nothing to do with that. Christian faith can also be seen us a knowing that God / Jesus and the Holy Spirit are there. Only unseen by the human eye. Words again have absolutely nothing to do with this.

The purpose of studying scripture / renewing our mind is simply to grow closer to God. Like two spouses in a marriage. Words can influence a marriage. But if I curse my wife everyday it is because I do not love her like I should in my heart. You have the cart before the horse. Are you proposing my wife will love me more if I compliment her more? Or I will love her more if I compliment her more?

It seems to me that you are not liasing with God as your Father. You are treating faith as one thing and Christianity (relationship with God the Father) as something else. It is how the Jews related to God.

Kj first of all the spelling your name then talking was to prove a point on how the mind works. It always stops to listen to the words you are speaking...............

Your grasp on Faith is incomplete
Your view on why we renew the mind is incomplete as well. You really need to dig deeper into this brother.

Please participate in this thread with respect or I ask you to simply avoid this thread.
Thank you and God Bless
Jim

Kj that is fine for you however the written word of God has a lot more to say about words then simply what you want to acknowledge and they will be adressed in this thread.
If you would like to participate then please do and please be open to the chance there are things about the written word of God that you have no insight on.
God Bless
Jim

1. Kj first of all the spelling your name then talking was to prove a point on how the mind works. It always stops to listen to the words you are speaking...............
2. Your grasp on Faith is incomplete
3. Your view on why we renew the mind is incomplete as well.
4. You really need to dig deeper into this brother.
5. Please participate in this thread with respect or I ask you to simply avoid this thread.
Thank you and God Bless
Jim
1. I said words have nothing to do with our faith. You then reply with nothing but examples of how we can brainwash ourselves. You need to try again....as brainwashing is from the pits of hell....and I am not exaggerating...

2. How so? We are to have more then just faith in Jesus?

3. Please explain.

4. Dig deeper into what? Words having power? Like God?

5. Accusing me of this, being closed to correction / critical inquiry and proposing that I need to learn more are warning signs of a mind control leader.

Warning Signs of a Harmful Leader:

1. Totalitarian: Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
2. Little tolerance: No place for questions or critical inquiry.
3. Unreasonable fears.
4. Never good enough: Followers feel they can never be good enough.
5. No reason to leave: Former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

Last edited:
Back