Is Getting Baptised Needed?

Still not sure what you are referring to? Folks can turn New Covenant "laws in the Spirit" back to the "letter" or legalism. There are "divine" laws of God that are fulfilled by faith working by love... obedience from the heart, not obedience to the "letter"...
Everything bound by the spirit of the law. The new covenant. The things Jesus told us to do.

Huh? Yes, I still succumb to sin from time to time. That is why I depend on the Lord's convicting and keeping power---and His promises. Why did you jump to such a conclusion?
I thought you were suggesting that Christians don't sin. You are right in saying we can depend on the Holy Spirit, but it is a choice to follow what is right, and sometimes, as sinners, we fall for what is wrong, even knowingly so.

Everything bound by the spirit of the law. The new covenant. The things Jesus told us to do.
Still a little confused about what the "spirit of the law" means to some? Its not a biblical term..and I think some would attempt to make it mean that we are under the law of Moses, but we don't really have to keep it? That is exactly not what the scriptures teach! If a person is under the law? They must keep every jot and tittle according to the highest standards of the law. To "uphold" the law, is to uphold its highest standard, just as the Lord did when He said adultery was not sleeping bodily with a woman but lusting in the heart. And the purpose was to make all guilty, not to justify anyone! So still not sure about what your trying to say?

Can a man out sin the grace of God? "Where sin abounds grace does much more abound" Grace does not match sin it supersedes it. The new nature of a Christian is the nature of Christ, and this nature can not sin because he is born of God, and his seed remains in him. When a Christian sins it is because of his flesh not his heart. Sin resides in the flesh of man as the Apostle Paul tells us that when we sin it is not "I" that sins but sin that dwells within me. A Christian can not sin and not feel it effects on his heart, and conscience. Confessing sin is the only way to clear ones conscience from its agitating guilt and shame which is torment. The divine nature of Christ which is our life can never be tempted to sin as God can not be tempted. The only part of man that can be tempted is that which is common to man, which is his human nature. Every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed.

No man can out-sin the grace of God...but a man can reject the gift of grace.

That's right. We are not saved by our good behaviour. If we sin, we may fall out of relationship with God, but because we are blood-bought, we cannot lose our family status with God. We may lose certain rewards, but we will not lose heaven as our home---that is, unless one really never had a relationship with the Lord in the first place.

God's grace is all God's and all His doing.
So you are saying that if a person, say maybe Hitler was fully saved a year before he started being power hungry and mass killed all of those people that Hitler might not have any rewards, but he would be in heaven? I really don't see that happening, especally when the bible says that God can and will erase your name from the book of life. Which means it was in there at one point, as we know the only way it can be in there is being saved. So that contridicts with what you are saying.

Still a little confused about what the "spirit of the law" means to some? Its not a biblical term..and I think some would attempt to make it mean that we are under the law of Moses, but we don't really have to keep it? That is exactly not what the scriptures teach! If a person is under the law? They must keep every jot and tittle according to the highest standards of the law. To "uphold" the law, is to uphold its highest standard, just as the Lord did when He said adultery was not sleeping bodily with a woman but lusting in the heart. And the purpose was to make all guilty, not to justify anyone! So still not sure about what your trying to say?

It's an idiom. Let me word it differently; We are first told to repent and believe. After that, what must we do? Nothing?

Last edited:
So you are saying that if a person, say maybe Hitler was fully saved a year before he started being power hungry and mass killed all of those people that Hitler might not have any rewards, but he would be in heaven? I really don't see that happening, especally when the bible says that God can and will erase your name from the book of life. Which means it was in there at one point, as we know the only way it can be in there is being saved. So that contridicts with what you are saying.
Comon dude, it's common sense hitler wasn't saved. Your hypothetical scenario would never exist. Why are you trying to question God's grace with silly scenarios?

I don't think there's anything controversial in saying as Christians we MUST obey Christ. Isn't that what this boils down to?

Well, we obey Christ by simply believing his Word. That is the only work we are to, anything else would be iniquity. Since we died on the cross with Jesus, it is no longer "I" that liveth, but Christ liveth in me. The big "I" is the problem, this man is supposed to be taken off, and we are to put on the new man which is not "I", but Christ. We can if we want to struggle and take control back from Christ, and let the "I" rule once again if we want. There is no way the "I" can be obedient to God, and that was the reason he came
to did for man what he could not do, and that was to be obedient. This is what trips up most believers today, they think it is "I" that is to be doing the works of God. We have already tried that method, and it does not work. This is why scripture tells us, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Did you notice who is the one doing the work? It is Christ! We have this treasure in earthen vessels so that the excentancy of the power may be of God and not of ourselves.

Rom 8:3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,
Rom 8:4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Last edited:

If Hitler was a Christian, he would not have been overtaken by Satan to do the things he did.

As for the eraser, Jesus will not be using it on people who are truly His.

I reiterate: those whoa re truly saved and have experienced regeneration---adoption as sons into God's forever family---will never lose their Father. Have you ever read the story about the prodigal son? the real title of it should be "The Love of the Father". That son never lost his sonship.

Last edited:

Brother Thomas, when a person comes to Jesus Christ they receive a new heart. Along with that heart comes a new nature. This new nature which is Christ can never sin, because Christ can never sin. Everything we used to do that was evil and wicked we now hate, and the things we use to hate we now love. Everything changes, yet we still have a human nature that still loves to do that which is wrong. Learning to but off the old man takes time through the years, but it does come, because God who started a good work in you will bring it to completion. (thank God) This is why we hate evil and wickedness to our core, and why we become so discouraged when we struggle and fall at times.

1Jn 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.
1Jn 3:10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

I don't think Hitler was loving the Jews.

Well, we obey Christ by simply believing his Word. That is the only work we are to, anything else would be iniquity. Since we died on the cross with Jesus, it is no longer "I" that liveth, but Christ liveth in me. The big "I" is the problem, this man is supposed to be taken off, and we are to put on the new man which is not "I", but Christ. We can if we want to struggle and take control back from Christ, and let the "I" rule once again if we want. There is no way the "I" can be obedient to God, and that was the reason he came
to did for man what he could not do, and that was to be obedient. This is what trips up most believers today, they think it is "I" that is to be doing the works of God. We have already tried that method, and it does not work. This is why scripture tells us, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Did you notice who is the one doing the work? It is Christ! We have this treasure in earthen vessels so that the excentancy of the power may be of God and not of ourselves.

Rom 8:3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,
Rom 8:4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

But doesn't that suggest salvation by faith alone?

If Hitler was a Christian, he would not have been overtaken by Satan to do the things he did.

As for the eraser, Jesus will not be using it on people who are truly His.

I reiterate: those whoa re truly saved and have experienced regeneration---adoption as sons into God's forever family---will never lose their Father. Have you ever read the story about the prodigal son? the real title of it should be "The Love of the Father". That son never lost his sonship.

Was not Judas a Christian?

Brother Thomas, when a person comes to Jesus Christ they receive a new heart. Along with that heart comes a new nature. This new nature which is Christ can never sin, because Christ can never sin. Everything we used to do that was evil and wicked we now hate, and the things we use to hate we now love. Everything changes, yet we still have a human nature that still loves to do that which is wrong. Learning to but off the old man takes time through the years, but it does come, because God who started a good work in you will bring it to completion. (thank God) This is why we hate evil and wickedness to our core, and why we become so discouraged when we struggle and fall at times.

1Jn 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.
1Jn 3:10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

I don't think Hitler was loving the Jews.
Your making some really good points, but that is not a accurate translation of 1 John... That is a translation made by someone who does not understand the gospel and cannot believe what is clearly written in the Greek.

1Jo 3:4 ¶ Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

John is describing the righteousness we have in Christ...or the "Spirit" man..... And the "righteousness" he is speaking of is the righteousness of faith! He is saying a "believer" cannot sin against the law of Moses...ITS IMPOSSIBLE!

He uses Cain as the example of a "FALSE" righteousness ...righteousness by dead works!
Able was RIGHTEOUS by faith in the BLOOD!

Was not Judas a Christian?

Did Judas live long enough to have the blood of Christ applied to his sins? I don't believe Judas had salvation. He is called "the son of perdition."

John 17:12 (NLT)
During my time here, I protected them by the power of the name you gave me. I guarded them so that not one was lost, except the one headed for destruction, as the Scriptures foretold.

Did Judas live long enough to have the blood of Christ applied to his sins? I don't believe Judas had salvation. He is called "the son of perdition."

John 17:12 (NLT)
During my time here, I protected them by the power of the name you gave me. I guarded them so that not one was lost, except the one headed for destruction, as the Scriptures foretold.
Jesus called Him a devil at one point....I cant see it biblically...

Back