Is fear a sin?

I agree that CS Lewis was a very intelligent man an excellent writer and had some excellent insights but he was wrong about somethings pertaining to the Word of God. Also, I would to read the work you are referring to. Which book is it in....do you have a link?

don't remember which book title it was under, but you can google (CS Lewis Jesus and anxiety) and I think that will bring it up. Many look that up.

When someone takes a belief paradigm so far that they say Job sinned from fear when God Himself said he did not, then I see someone with the audacity to say God was wrong. This is pride. Placing a belief paradigm over God's own Word is challenging God just the same as Satan did regarding Job. Thats where I walked away from this. If one is willing to wield that sword against Job and , in effect , pile on Job in the face of God.....Man ...what's to stop one from wielding that against anyone here or anyone else?[/QUOTE

Dan please do not twist what has been said.
Job got into trouble because he got over into fear which took him out of faith.
Job did not sin by cursing God. Youhave to understand that words have meaning and produce results. Faith words or fear and doubt words....

You do not have to agree but please do not twist what was said.

That makes for a great emotionally based reply, but it still is not the intelligent rebuttal of CS Lewis' account of what Jesus experienced in the garden before His arrest.

CS Lewis doesn't know any more than any of us do about Jesus and the great burden that was placed on Him. Jesus, being the perfect image of God, and still human, knew how to live without fear. We need to emulate Him, and not identify with something that someone thinks He suffered to make us all feel somehow better.

I am encouraged always by the fact that in the face of fear, Jesus chose not to indulge.

Read Bonnke's entire article: http://www.bonnke.net/cfan/en/was-jesus-afraid

@dan in the lion's den
How about answering this.... it is to what you replied to me.
Ok so the doctor says you got cancer. You pray and believe God for your healing. You go back and the doctor says oh no you did not get healed for it is worse and you will die in 3 weeks.
Ok here comes fear..........is this fear sin ?
Thanks Brother
Jim

King Soloman was regarded as the wisest man of his time, but in the end he succombed to idolatry. Does that make everything he said, wrote and did null and void? He was wise for a season then drifted away. CS Lewis do the same? Dunno. Don't care. I don't worship him, only my Lord. He had great insight on many a topic and the anxiety Christ was afflicted with was one of them. Did he then drift off into paganism afterward?

King Soloman was regarded as the wisest man of his time, but in the end he succombed to idolatry. Does that make everything he said, wrote and did null and void? He was wise for a season then drifted away. CS Lewis do the same? Dunno. Don't care. I don't worship him, only my Lord. He had great insight on many a topic and the anxiety Christ was afflicted with was one of them. Did he then drift off into paganism afterward?

Solomon was inspired by Holy Spirit to write what he wrote....it is scripture. That is a far cry from a modern day novelist and lay theologian.

Was he ever inspired of the Holy spirit ?

Once you got into the Job bashing business with Satan and Job's "friends" then I don't feel obligated to become a hypothetical victim of a hypothetical situation so you can wield your paradigm. I see pride in you. Not humility.

You see only what you want to and that is ok. However if you are going to say what I said then please keep what I said in context and not how you want to take them.
Blessings

Um hold it, Job did say he did all those righteous things out of fear that if he didnt do them, God would take away his blessing. He was so afraid, that he even sacrificied for his children.

That does not sound like Job really trusted God. Satan then exploited this.God wanted to know if Job really loved him or was just boasting of his blessings. Satan bet he only loved God for what he could do, God, confident Job did love him, allowed Satan to wreck havoc.
To Jobs credit, he didnt curse God when all those bad things happened, but he really did wonder why. He didnt see God for who he really was, almighty, he was focused on himself.

Job then repented in sack cloth and ashes when God really did show up.
And God saw that Job prayed for his friends..then gave him more than he had before. Cos Job was humbled from being self righteous.

Who are you to say he wasn't?
Did I say that ? NO !! I asked you this ? You go with what he wrote so I explored things he wrote and others who studied him and wrote. I find no value in what he wrote.

Dan it does not matter to me if you want to believe how other men see things. I have no say or concern. When you twist my words and say I said things that I did not then yea I have a say. If you do not understand the power and authority of words or walking in faith and being under His blessing and what removes you from this area to where satan has right to enter into the situation then I understand why you feel the way you do about job.

I have not accused you of anything but we can not say the same about you now can we but I do not hold this agsainst you. I do ask that you would seek understanding is some areas and not bash something just because you do not like it or believe it is true or have understanding.

Now then will you continue in this converstation with respect or just run a muck ? Just aksing.
Have a wonderful night

Have you considered myservant Jobthat there is nonelike him on the earth, a blameless and upright manwho fears God and shuns evil?

Why do you guys act like Job's "friends" and insist on basically challenging the very God you claim to serve???? At least Job's friends dealt with this situation out of ignorance...but you have the inside story and yet you STILL demand God satisfy your reasoning.

Did I say that ? NO !! I asked you this ? You go with what he wrote so I explored things he wrote and others who studied him and wrote. I find no value in what he wrote.

Dan it does not matter to me if you want to believe how other men see things. I have no say or concern. When you twist my words and say I said things that I did not then yea I have a say. If you do not understand the power and authority of words or walking in faith and being under His blessing and what removes you from this area to where satan has right to enter into the situation then I understand why you feel the way you do about job.

I have not accused you of anything but we can not say the same about you now can we but I do not hold this agsainst you. I do ask that you would seek understanding is some areas and not bash something just because you do not like it or believe it is true or have understanding.

Now then will you continue in this converstation with respect or just run a muck ? Just aksing.
Have a wonderful night
And your NOT other men? Then who are you....really?

Back