Is Christmas Truly A Christian Celebration?

Well you made a claim that is false about you being a witness that is the end of the matter. Just as your apologist Ahmed Deedats is on record avowing that he would only speak to his audience in English and then immediately praying ?? out loud in farsi or what ever other language he uses, one not understood by the majority of his audience. Veracity rating = zero.

Is Christmas truly a Christian celebration? Christmas is intended to be a Christian celebration. For many, it still is. For some, it half is. For others, it isn't it all.

But even if 99% of the world celebrated Christmas in the most sans-Christ way, would that mean Christmas is no longer a reasonable celebration?

Mohammed, what you fail to realize is that Jesus Christ is God manifested in the flesh. He is not 'just a prophet' He took His own life and raised Himself back up after three days. He will be coming back to deal with those who denied Him. You can say what you want, but 'allah' will not save you on the day Jesus returns. You must allow Jesus Christ to take over your heart now or be cast into the lake which burneth with fire for eternity when He returns to judge. Eternity is a long time to be wrong...Consider that.

To answer your question about 'Christians' who celebrate 'Christmas'...They are not Christians. They are worshipping a god that they have created in their own minds and bellies. These traditions are acts of the flesh. They are not of the Spirit...What would Jesus say? 'Christians' lie to their children about an imaginary man, teach their children to practice covetousness and idolatry, go into debt, get into fights over material items, and spend hundreds of dollars on their fleshy desires, while there are people homeless, lacking food and many are to poor to buy a Bible...American Christianity is no longer of Jesus Christ. The American churches are not living by the Word of God and are no longer salt and light... hence the condition of the country. Jesus Christ will be coming back to judge the people of 'Babylon the Harlot' and when He does, the rest of the world will know that the Bible is true and is the ONLY word of God. Again, eternity is a long time to be wrong, I implore you... Give up the false god 'allah' and humble yourself before the God of the Bible while there is still time...

TC

Mohammed, what you fail to realize is that Jesus Christ is God manifested in the flesh. He is not 'just a prophet' He took His own life and raised Himself back up after three days. He will be coming back to deal with those who denied Him. You can say what you want, but 'allah' will not save you on the day Jesus returns. You must allow Jesus Christ to take over your heart now or be cast into the lake which burneth with fire for eternity when He returns to judge. Eternity is a long time to be wrong...Consider that.

To answer your question about 'Christians' who celebrate 'Christmas'...They are not Christians. They are worshipping a god that they have created in their own minds and bellies. These traditions are acts of the flesh. They are not of the Spirit...What would Jesus say? 'Christians' lie to their children about an imaginary man, teach their children to practice covetousness and idolatry, go into debt, get into fights over material items, and spend hundreds of dollars on their fleshy desires, while there are people homeless, lacking food and many are to poor to buy a Bible...American Christianity is no longer of Jesus Christ. The American churches are not living by the Word of God and are no longer salt and light... hence the condition of the country. Jesus Christ will be coming back to judge the people of 'Babylon the Harlot' and when He does, the rest of the world will know that the Bible is true and is the ONLY word of God. Again, eternity is a long time to be wrong, I implore you... Give up the false god 'allah' and humble yourself before the God of the Bible while there is still time...

TC

Why would God lower Himself by coming to us in the form of a man?

Why did He send prophets at all If He could come himself?

Do you not remember the people of Moses? They told Him they would not believe in God until they see Him themselves, So God destroyed them and brought them back to life, but rather then submit themselves to their lord they continued to doubt and disbelieve.

Why would God deny them seeing Him yet hundreds of years later change his mind and come down Himself to theimost r decesdants? Why would He punish them when they were with Moses, for asking from Him something He was more then willing to do?

God the almighty does not lower Himself to the body of His creation nor does He reveal Himself before judgement day. Why would He only come in person to one nation? and not the rest? Why send Joseph and Noah, Adam and Seth, Lot and Ibrahim only to come Himself to one nation bringing a teaching that He did not preserve over time?

Nah, God is one, incomparable and unimaginable. He is outside the laws of His creation as the very rules of reality bow to Him in prostration.

It is below His majesty to lower Himself to a human form, were He to come down and reveal Himself the universe in of itself would prostrate to His majesty.

Jesus was no more then a Prophet, created similar to Adam, Adam with no mother and father but Jesus had a mother.

He use to eat food, breathe, use the bathroom, sleep, He use to prostrate on the ground worshiping God. Do you claim he worshiped himself?

The signs are clear for those who are sincere, and this is enough for the people of knowledge.

More so I'd think it would be a matter of not putting effort into separating yourself from
ancient pagan rituals.

The reasoning behind doing so is to stop "Bid'a" which means innovation, it is an arabic word.

This is what the Prophet Mohamad Peace be upon him use to say of innovation

The worst of affairs are the newly-invented matters, and every newly-invented matter is an innovation. And every innovation is misguidance. And all misguidance is in the Fire.”

In an effort to push people away from changing the scripture of God or celebrating holidays and rituals and such that is not made by God Himself.

The belief is that innovation eventually misguides the people from the correct guidance, in an effort to preserve the scripture (Qur'an) and the teachings of the Prophet (Mohamad Peace be upon Him) innovation is seen in a negative light.

Would the same apply to Christianity? How many people call themselves Christian yet do not know the first thing about the life of Jesus (peace be upon him) ? and innovation also leads to misguidance and fabrication.

For instance, let us say the book of God known as the Bible had a chapter, speaking of worshiping God by prostrating and reciting verses of the bible (pretty much like the Jews and Muslims do, and Jesus use to do as I believe can be found in the bible)

and now that has been removed/changed over the years leaving Christianity incomplete as one piece of the religion has been permanently changed or removed.

Would it not make more sense that God sends another messenger with a religion in which he preserves and protects from said changes and fabrications as seen from the Hadith?

would it not make more sense that the Scripture be preserved and unchanged as well as the Hadith/Gospel seeing as they are the pillars of the religion in of itself and without them no one can truly say that the religion is being followed correctly.

If the bible has been tainted by the hands of man overtime, and much has been changed and removed. How do we know that our correct information/belief system and understanding of both God and Jesus is accurate?

Did Jesus come only to the descendants of Israel? Or was he a Prophet to the whole world?

Was he only a Prophet ? Or was he both a Prophet and Messenger? A messenger comes to a people who completely forgot/lost the teachings of God, A Prophet comes to remind people of the proper laws of God undo any changes made by those who wish to misguide others and are in a sense a reminder.

If Jesus came to all of mankind he would be referred to as a Messenger, and not just a Prophet.

The important thing is, Is the belief system of God an accurate guidance to live life in the best way possible?

Or does God only wish us to worship and believe in Him and to do good deeds, but does not in a sense guide us to what is Good/Great.

In Islam all the actions of the Messenger of God (peace be upon him) is an example on how to act/live

As God says in the Qu'ran to Mohamad (peace be upon him)

"and you are on the highest form of manners"

Taught by God Himself (through the Angel Gabriel also believed to be the Holy Spirit that is referred to in the Bible) How to behave.

So his life and actions are an example to us, like, do not get angry unless it is righteous anger (someone was raped/beaten and you get mad, that's okay) That your mothers should be your best friends, then your fathers.

To never disobey your parents unless they tell you to disobey God.

To never force anyone to marry who they do not want too.

To sleep on your right side when in bed.

To never EVER harm an animal, and not to unnecessarily kill animals/insects unless the are dangerous (like scorpions)

To never cause self-harm (cutting yourself, smoking etc)

To never be unclean (Always wash your hands, wash your backside after using the bathroom on top of using toilet paper etc)

To not eat anything not slaughtered in the name of God (In contrary to the sayings of paul)

To be kind to everyone and to never be rude even If the one you are talking to is extremely disrespectful, If they are then you should leave and ignore them. God is with those who are Patience, show patience and God will reward you in the afterlife for your restraint.

So on and so forth, these are all taught in the Qur'an and the Hadith, mostly in the Hadith (The sayings and actions of the Prophet Mohamad Peace be upon him)

So, is that a better and more detailed guidance on how to please God, avoid sin and things that lead to sin, or is there something similar in Christianity that I do not know of?

The Christian mindset compared to that of modern Judaism and Muslims are in a dichotomy. The Christian believes in saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Eph 2:8). The Muslim and the Jew lean toward a saved by works theology--to live a life that is pleasing to their Creator in order to gain paradise.

The Christian view point is that the bible teaches that sin is disobeying Gods laws (1 John 3:4), that the penalty of sin is death (Rom 6:23) and that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God(Romans 3:23). Because of this simple fact, we cannot free ourselves out of receiving this penalty by our good deeds (Titus 3:5) anymore than a criminal can for breaking the law. We need a redeemer (John 3:16) and the only one qualified to redeem us must be the one who created us (John 1:1, 14).

The result? Instead of works that brings about forgiveness, we have forgiveness that brings about good works (Jer 31:33). We live in way that is pleasing to God not because of what we can do for Him but what He did for us. We love because He first loved us (1 John 4:19) We live not for the reward of heaven, but for the vindication of Gods character (Exo 32:32). His character is loving because He is the very thing we call love (1 John 4:8).

Tying this back to your point, while there is a proper way to worship God, formalism is not important to God (Psalms 40:6) but he desires true worship (John 4:21) that we may worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:23)--that is from the heart.

Would it be true to say that each year muslims celebrate and honor a different pagan rite? Take 2013 for example...July 9 (in Australia) July 8 marked the start of ramadan..it also started the celtic pagan rite of the Holly tree. (not Holy tree). Then in June 2014 ramadan begins June 29 coinciding with the pagan rite called Moon cn>le. Need I go on? As I said at the outset, every day someone somewhere is doing something. I suppose by tying to a lunar month, it affords a good way of disguising the true purpose.

Why would God lower Himself by coming to us in the form of a man?

Why did He send prophets at all If He could come himself?

Do you not remember the people of Moses? They told Him they would not believe in God until they see Him themselves, So God destroyed them and brought them back to life, but rather then submit themselves to their lord they continued to doubt and disbelieve.

Why would God deny them seeing Him yet hundreds of years later change his mind and come down Himself to theimost r decesdants? Why would He punish them when they were with Moses, for asking from Him something He was more then willing to do?

God the almighty does not lower Himself to the body of His creation nor does He reveal Himself before judgement day. Why would He only come in person to one nation? and not the rest? Why send Joseph and Noah, Adam and Seth, Lot and Ibrahim only to come Himself to one nation bringing a teaching that He did not preserve over time?

Nah, God is one, incomparable and unimaginable. He is outside the laws of His creation as the very rules of reality bow to Him in prostration.

It is below His majesty to lower Himself to a human form, were He to come down and reveal Himself the universe in of itself would prostrate to His majesty.

Jesus was no more then a Prophet, created similar to Adam, Adam with no mother and father but Jesus had a mother.

He use to eat food, breathe, use the bathroom, sleep, He use to prostrate on the ground worshiping God. Do you claim he worshiped himself?

The signs are clear for those who are sincere, and this is enough for the people of knowledge.

Mohammed...to you it is foolish, but to God it is His way of doing things.

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

You suffer from the same problem the Jews did...They did not believe Him, but He is written about in the Law and Prophets..

Your 'religion' does not provide you with the life changing power of grace in which you need to be saved. That grace only comes from Jesus. You better go get some grace before He returns to Judge the world in righteousness...

TC

Would it be true to say that each year muslims celebrate and honor a different pagan rite? Take 2013 for example...July 9 (in Australia) July 8 marked the start of ramadan..it also started the celtic pagan rite of the Holly tree. (not Holy tree). Then in June 2014 ramadan begins June 29 coinciding with the pagan rite called Moon cn>le. Need I go on? As I said at the outset, every day someone somewhere is doing something. I suppose by tying to a lunar month, it affords a good way of disguising the true purpose.

Islam in of itself follows a lunar calendar. Muslims in general follow a lunar calendar. Making this year 1435

Each year the months of the lunar come 10 days before the previous year. Plus, over time there is probably a pagan celebration for every day of the year. Nonetheless, the difference between lunar and solar is enough to make Islamic holy days exempt from any pagan ritual that uses the solar calender.

Mohammed...to you it is foolish, but to God it is His way of doing things.

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

You suffer from the same problem the Jews did...They did not believe Him, but He is written about in the Law and Prophets..

Your 'religion' does not provide you with the life changing power of grace in which you need to be saved. That grace only comes from Jesus. You better go get some grace before He returns to Judge the world in righteousness...

TC

Oh no I believe in Jesus, but only as a Prophet not unlike Moses and Ibrahim was.
(peace be upon them all)

Anyway, I believe in God through logic and reason and lastly faith and emotion. Thus I am unwilling to change my belief's until the reason and logic is revoked. but I will never stop believing in God. Due to my faith and emotion.

Islam in of itself follows a lunar calendar. Muslims in general follow a lunar calendar. Making this year 1435

Each year the months of the lunar come 10 days before the previous year. Plus, over time there is probably a pagan celebration for every day of the year. Nonetheless, the difference between lunar and solar is enough to make Islamic holy days exempt from any pagan ritual that uses the solar calender.
Ohh so a muslim celebration/right coincides with pagan practice but that is OK because it is done by the light of the silvery moon?
Christians worship God in truth and in spirit by the light of day, but that is not good?
Jesus spoke of making full use of the day, because the night is not so good for working. Yet note that the moon was set in the sky to rule the night.
Gen 1:16 And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars.
John 9:4 We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work.
Muslims follow the moon, they follow the realm of darkness.

There will be a day of judgment. There will, on the one hand be the wronged namely God. On the other side will be the wrong doers..mankind. Now who will represent God? A goat perhaps?, no, well maybe a 'good' man? No I can't see such a one existing, no not even Moses. Well what about someone to represent men? Would a cute little bunny rabbit do? No, what about a herd of sheep or maybe a few million Oxen? Could any of these represent mankind? No we need something better. There is a way.
Jesus the son of Mary who was also the Son of God is the only possible representative of both parties. As fully God, Jesus is 100% qualified to represent God. As the son of man, Jesus is 100% qualified to represent mankind. So, instead of a court room full of barristers, we have one advocate...Jesus.

Oh no I believe in Jesus, but only as a Prophet not unlike Moses and Ibrahim was.
(peace be upon them all)

Anyway, I believe in God through logic and reason and lastly faith and emotion. Thus I am unwilling to change my belief's until the reason and logic is revoked. but I will never stop believing in God. Due to my faith and emotion.

You don't believe Him because He said that He is God and is Spirit and will destroy those who He does not live in...

When you deny the words of Jesus Christ,, you deny Him it is that simple.

Jesus said even the demons believe and tremble...what makes you different from the demons? Only the Spirit of God in you...

TC

Great, but making the Holy Spirit out to be some angel (servant class) is not the right track to take if you plan to please God.

the depends on your own belief's on what pleases God

@calvin

The Prophet Mohamad (peace be upon him) will represent mankind on the day of judgement.

and God will represent Himself.

You don't believe Him because He said that He is God and is Spirit and will destroy those who He does not live in...

When you deny the words of Jesus Christ,, you deny Him it is that simple.

Jesus said even the demons believe and tremble...what makes you different from the demons? Only the Spirit of God in you...

TC

Demons fear God but nonetheless disobey Him and misguide mankind.

The difference is I misguide nobody nor do I disobey my Lord.

the depends on your own belief's on what pleases God

@calvin

The Prophet Mohamad (peace be upon him) will represent mankind on the day of judgement.

and God will represent Himself.

The problem is the Rules of this particular Web site are these.

Statement of Faith
1) The Holy Scriptures, in it's original form, is the inerrant Word of God.
2) There is only one God who reveals Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3) We are separated from God due to sin.
4) God's Son, Jesus Christ, was born of the virgin Mary, died on the cross for our sins, and rose again on the third day.
5) We can only be saved by repenting of sin, and accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior by faith as stated in John 3:16. (The faith mentioned here will produce actions)

Mohamad is not mentioned in there.

So, we have to talk about God within these rules or we violate the terms of the website. I don't agree with the Oneness position, but oh well.
So any "Truth" would have to keep within the bounds of the rules out of respect for the webmaster.

it sort of limits bringing any other religious icons into the picture.

We don't go to the Harley Davidson Website and tell them Honda's are better. It's a total lack of wisdom if we do that.

The problem is the Rules of this particular Web site are these.

Statement of Faith
1) The Holy Scriptures, in it's original form, is the inerrant Word of God.
3) We are separated from God due to sin.
4) God's Son, Jesus Christ, was born of the virgin Mary, died on the cross for our sins, and rose again on the third day.
5) We can only be saved by repenting of sin, and accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior by faith as stated in John 3:16. (The faith mentioned here will produce actions)

Mohamad is not mentioned in there.

So, we have to talk about God within these rules or we violate the terms of the website. I don't agree with the Oneness position, but oh well.
So any "Truth" would have to keep within the bounds of the rules out of respect for the webmaster.

it sort of limits bringing any other religious icons into the picture.

We don't go to the Harley Davidson Website and tell them Honda's are better. It's a total lack of wisdom if we do that.

Okay. If that's the rules of this website.

Matthew 7:15-19

True and False Prophets

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Matthew 7:15-19

True and False Prophets

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

I believe he liked dates, and honey.

I'll be honest, as a moderator, I'm not entirely sure what to do with you or this topic. According to the rules, you shouldn't be allowed here, but I'm more concerned with the spirit within which a rule is designed and the purpose for which a rule was created. So, I don't always apply the rules in the strictest sense because I find very little use for legalism. Rules over love is never a good policy.

There are a few things I know. If you are here to convert us, you shouldn't be here. If you are here to learn, then I welcome your attempts to understand how we see God. I find no more worthy purpose to fellowship with us than to see God through the eyes of others.

The other thing I know is how Christianity is treated in many of the Islamic forums. What you are doing here would not be tolerated in even the most liberal of Islamic forums, even those that welcome and encourage Christians to join. We would be permitted to join and clarify our beliefs, but never to directly call Islamic beliefs out. I'm of the mind that the same rules should apply here, as we have applied similar rules to Atheists who have joined us.

I guess what I'm saying in short is, if you are hear to learn and to understand, then you are welcome. If you are here to proselytize, mock, or Blaspheme, then you must understand that it is our job to protect the flock.

We don't hold a Oneness position. In fact, we left this definition vague intentionally so that too much weight was not added to a doctrine that often serves to confuse rather than unite. It was intended that neither Oneness nor Trinitarian paradigms would be alienated unnecessarily since we are a multi-denominational site.

since the above by Aha was a quote of Jesus', and you have just been both deliberately flippant and wrong.
Reading your profile information, it is very clear that you are not here to learn. Reading your OP is clear you are here to cause strife.
I vote for your removal. You are offensive.

Last edited:
Back