Irresistible Grace & People "falling Away" From Christianity. How Does This Happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is already known to God, but not to you! God knowing what you are going to do does not change what you are going to do. You are free to do anything you want, nobody is making you do anything. You can change what you do anytime you want, but the Lord already knows what you are going to do. He is not making you do anything! You are!
It doesn't matter if I know or not because I didn't make me. If God made me knowing that I was going to hell but made me anyway then I was created to be damned.

Okay. Can I do this? Dare I do this? This is a pet peeve of mine, I admit, a Great Big one!

"Jesus died for all men!!!!" Did He die for women, too?

"All men can be saved if they choose to be saved." May women be saved, too?

Oh, I am going to hate myself in the morning. People don't start writing these things to be mean, but . . . .

It doesn't matter if I know or not because I didn't make me. If God made me knowing that I was going to hell but made me anyway then I was created to be damned.

But both Arminians and Calvinists believe that God knew which ones will be damned before creating them. God knows everything from the start.

I believe in the doctrine of predestination. I don't know if that makes me a Calvinist or not.

Alright. I don't have an issue with predestination. I just don't believe that God creates a child in the womb and just because He knows that child will be an atheist doesn't give them the opportunity to be saved.

Okay. Can I do this? Dare I do this? This is a pet peeve of mine, I admit, a Great Big one!

Oh, I am going to hate myself in the morning. People don't start writing these things to be mean, but . . . .

"Men" means "mankind". Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalene first, and then to the apostles. This has to mean something, in my opinion.

God made you to have a free will to choose your destiny. He did not predestinate you to hell. If you do go there it is because you choose to not believe the truth that you can be saved.

I typed out a joke and then deleted it thinking it may offend someone.

God made you to have a free will to choose your destiny. He did not predestinate you to hell. If you do go there it is because you choose to not believe the truth that you can be saved.

I have no issue with that. I just don't think that God ignores people because He knows they'll be atheists.

Alright. I don't have an issue with predestination. I just don't believe that God creates a child in the womb and just because He knows that child will be an atheist doesn't give them the opportunity to be saved.

The opportunity is there for everyone, but most people choose to reject it. Those who choose to accept it did this only because God changed their minds. That's the way I see it. Why God doesn't change everybody's mind? Because he has chosen to demonstrate his power and justice on those who are disobedient.

Interesting thought! Maybe a new thread for it? :)

Men is plural for man. A woman is a man with a womb. hence wo-man. it is not referring to the male species but to mankind. male/female

The opportunity is there for everyone, but most people choose to reject it. Those who choose to accept it did this only because God changed their minds. That's the way I see it. Why God doesn't change everybody's mind? Because he has chosen to demonstrate his power and justice on those who are disobedient.

So God decides not to save some people just show how mean He can be if they disobey which they are only doing because God denied them Christ? That sounds pretty evil to me. Calvinism makes God the author of evil, and I don't worship an evil author.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back