1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Iranian Missiles And Isaiah 54:17

Discussion in 'News and Articles' started by jerusalemgifts, Mar 8, 2014.

1. It’s amazing to me that I’ve had the privilege to live in Israel for almost forty years. And even though I’ve been here that long, I have never gotten over the sense of wonder at being able to call Jerusalem ‘home’! Over the years that I’ve been here I’ve seen many miracles as God has kept His promises to His people in so many ways…and yesterday, we as a nation experienced yet another, directly related to His promise that “no weapon formed against you will prosper…” (Isaiah 54: 17).
    We have seen it so many times in the past! The Gulf War was a major example, when 39 Scud Missiles landed in Israel, primarily in the highly populated city of Tel Aviv, and yet not a single person was killed! That was impossible apart from the hand of God! Yesterday we witnessed yet again the miracle of His protection when the Israeli navy intercepted a cargo vessel in the Red Sea thereby thwarting a well-planned Iranian attempt to smuggle weapons of destruction into the Gaza Strip. As the Israel Broadcasting Authority reported, “It was a well-executed commando raid carried out to perfection like a Hollywood action film!”

Read full article at News from Jerusalem

SergioL and Where is the Messiah say Amen and like this.
  2. Gods hand is indeed with Israel and her people! Deuteronomy 7:6 :D

jerusalemgifts likes this.
  3. thank you for sharing this and for your testimony.(y)

4. Thank you for posting! Can you please keep posting about Israel? We don't get a whole lot of 'worthwhile' news in the U.S. about Israel and if we do, it's anti-Israel or riddled with bias and political slants. May God continue to bless you and the rest of Israel!

5. Shalom Brian - Yes, we shall - You are a blessing to the nation of Israel

Apologia likes this.
  6. I do love Israel, and rejoice that Gods promises for Israel are sure. I must say that it seems odd to me to hear someone relate to Isa 54 as a promise given to (earthly) Israel? I would accept that Israel (according to promise) might in some way qualify for the things written in Isa 54 but I cannot get past the first and last statements of this chapter. The first being used in the New Testament used to describe the "Church" who are not the Israel of the flesh, but of the Spirit.

Ga 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
    27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

And then the last passage of this chapter qualifies these promises that where made in this chapter, as belonging to those who have by faith in Christ received Gods Righteousness.

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

I assume you are a believer in Christ Jesus (and maybe Jewish?) How do you reconcile some of these things?

7. Thanks for sharing! Do you know of any news sources you could recommend for getting updates about Israel.

ElliDV likes this.
  8. CBN.com

9. Where is the Messiah likes this.
  10. http://www.thejerusalemgiftshop.com/israelnews/a-blessing-or-a-curse/ may help

11. When you read the word do not forget the Root of your faith and that God promised to the Jewish people a Messiah. God doesnt break His promises especially not with His people. If you are a believer you should thank God for grafting you into the His people and all their promises. Key word in Isa 54;17 "Heritage" a heritage come from somewhere and is passed down to all that become part of it. The origins strengthen the "Heritage" and if you remove the foundation you have nothing of any substance left. Look at church History and what happened as a result of regulating Gods 'Torah" to be the "OLD" Testament. Jesus did not have a New Testament nor did the Disciples. They were Torah loving believers in the promised messiah. The first 'church' would have been very observant Jews who studied and loved Gods word and the teachings of their promised messiah. Nothing has changed since then besides peoples ideas and choices. Gods word remains unchanged since Sinai!

12. amen,. agree with that brothers and sisters regarding jerusalem

13. You can choose to believe as you wish but there is only one Truth.......Maybe ask God what He thinks about it all.... Is it not enough for you to be grafted in?

14. It is Holy Land indeed and a single beacon of light on the muslim sea so no wonder it is protected by the Lord.

15. Amen keep it coming