Interpreting Dreams.

I have to ask: was the person who attacked you large? Or did the person look cowish? What was that book we read in high school . . . Madame Bovary! Did the attacker remind you of her? Hm-m-m-m. Did the person attack you physically or verbally?

Seriously, since you remember the dream, perhaps you can think about the elements of the dream and decide what they mean to you. Also, consider colors, numbers, and numbers of objects in the dream; these add to what the dream may mean to you. THink about where you were in the dream. Were you in a building? Outside a building? In a particular place? On the sidewalk or in a street? Were you wearing something in particular? Did you fight back? Did you leave? If you can't remember something, let it go; trying to recreate what may have happened in the dream will only muddy what you truly remember.
I don't remember everything. I was outside. The cow just kicked me. I can't remember anything else that night. That morning I got slapped. I don't want to go into detail about it. It was my fault though. :(

That you would dream about a cow is just humorous to me, having always lived in cities. :D

Also, it is not my business, and I don't need to know what happened, but why in the world would you think it your fault that someone slapped you?? (Forgive me!) NO ONE has the right to slap you, to abuse you, etc. I'm sorry, but that anyone would do that to you really bothers me, unless the one who did it is not, in general, responsible for their actions! I sure hope that never happens again.

That you would dream about a cow is just humorous to me, having always lived in cities. :D

Also, it is not my business, and I don't need to know what happened, but why in the world would you think it your fault that someone slapped you?? (Forgive me!) NO ONE has the right to slap you, to abuse you, etc. I'm sorry, but that anyone would do that to you really bothers me, unless the one who did it is not, in general, responsible for their actions! I sure hope that never happens again.
I agree. The person didn't have that right. But the person in their own way apologized. It happened a few years ago. I was just curious about how one interprets dreams, recently. Hence, the starting of this thread.

I had a great dream a couple years after I was excommunicated. I dreamed I went down into the rabbit hole (think Alice). In the hole was a place we used to go to every summer with church members: the tall trees, the cabins, the people. I was carrying on my back a very strong but sickly, bony, pitiful, demanding child whose name was the one I was given at birth, a name I had not used in decades. She gripped me around my neck and by her skinny legs around my waist, and she heckled me, demanding that I keep her, carry her, never let her go. As I hurried down the path, groups of people looked at us, whispered, and called to me, also demanding that I keep and care for the child. I kept hurrying until I came to the bottom of the rabbit hole, where was a white miniature of the Washington Monument. I grabbed her legs and wrenched her off me, sitting her down in front of the monument while she screamed and raged through her gritted teeth, grasping at me, while I jumped back from her grip. She could not move without me, so she was stuck there. Many of the people started screaming at me, demanding that I pick her up and care for her, but I hurried past them, up, and out the rabbit hole . . . then I awoke. (y)

I had a great dream a couple years after I was excommunicated. I dreamed I went down into the rabbit hole (think Alice). In the hole was a place we used to go to every summer with church members: the tall trees, the cabins, the people. I was carrying on my back a very strong but sickly, bony, pitiful, demanding child whose name was the one I was given at birth, a name I had not used in decades. She gripped me around my neck and by her skinny legs around my waist, and she heckled me, demanding that I keep her, carry her, never let her go. As I hurried down the path, groups of people looked at us, whispered, and called to me, also demanding that I keep and care for the child. I kept hurrying until I came to the bottom of the rabbit hole, where was a white miniature of the Washington Monument. I grabbed her legs and wrenched her off me, sitting her down in front of the monument while she screamed and raged through her gritted teeth, grasping at me, while I jumped back from her grip. She could not move without me, so she was stuck there. Many of the people started screaming at me, demanding that I pick her up and care for her, but I hurried past them, up, and out the rabbit hole . . . then I awoke. (y)
Whoa. That's scary. But it's good since you got her off. I've had some creepy dreams my self. One in which, I was in a shop with some other ladies. Don't remember how many, say two? And this guy came in and we got scared. I went to go fight him, but. I couldn't win. I callers out to Jesus and he gave me the strength to beat him. It seemed so real.

But praise God for helping me out!

Oh my. He doubted your gift? Or the interpretation was too hard to accept?
Well I guess he didn't like the interpretation...but God clearly showed him I had a gift to discern dreams...but God is full of patience and mercy and I do not take offense...I know these things are hard to accept and understand. The truth is if a person rejects the clear reading of the scriptures, they are likely not to receive things that are not as clear as well.

Hello all. I was wondering, how does one interpret dreams and visions? So, I guess I should share one of my dreams. I was outside my house, and I got attacked by a cow! And guess what? I got attacked by a person that morning! I don't want to talk about what happened after that...

But looking back, had I understood that dream, maybe I could have avoided it. So can anyone guide me or is there a topic on this already?

Thank you.
Scriptures tell us not to cast our pearls before swine. Man without the Spirit of God are like the beasts of the field. Many times people act like animals in their lusts, and non reasonable ways. They just acts on their unholy impulses to satisfy their urges, without considering the consequences of their actions. These people would be called "violent" persons.

Scriptures tell us not to cast our pearls before swine. Man without the Spirit of God are like the beasts of the field. Many times people act like animals in their lusts, and non reasonable ways. They just acts on their unholy impulses to satisfy their urges, without considering the consequences of their actions. These people would be called "violent" persons.
Hmm. Never thought about that.

I agree with TezriLi, in that you are often the best interpeter of the symbols as used in your dreams. For me, the dreams that are most vivid and "important" to me, are generally on 3 levels: personal, local or those around you, or global/for everyone. When they are surely just for me, they tend to be quite literal. IE: one time I dreamt I had an IV going to me from a bucket of (well - grin) crap. Translation: I was putting into myself alot of....you get the picture. Was I? Yes. Did I stop? Not for awhile.

I also agree that not true/bad things can enter your dreams. It may be silly but I try to remember when I pray - for God to protect me and my dreams from those bad things.

Hello all. I was wondering, how does one interpret dreams and visions? So, I guess I should share one of my dreams. I was outside my house, and I got attacked by a cow! And guess what? I got attacked by a person that morning! I don't want to talk about what happened after that...

But looking back, had I understood that dream, maybe I could have avoided it. So can anyone guide me or is there a topic on this already?

Thank you.

Hello Patricia and I hope you are well. have you had an interpretation for your dream personally or on CFS yet?

Hello Patricia and I hope you are well. have you had an interpretation for your dream personally or on CFS yet?
Well this happened a long time ago. I just asked to get info on how one interprets dreams. I had a an idea on how. For instance, my mom would say animals are bad signs, except dove( cause the Holy Spirit descended on Jesus like a dove). I just wanted to know others point of view.
And what I've read here confirms what I know. Dream symbols mean different things to different people.

But believe you me, I got the interpretation the following morning, when I got that slap. Again I don't want to talk about that incident.

Well this happened a long time ago. I just asked to get info on how one interprets dreams. I had a an idea on how. For instance, my mom would say animals are bad signs, except dove( cause the Holy Spirit descended on Jesus like a dove). I just wanted to know others point of view.
And what I've read here confirms what I know. Dream symbols mean different things to different people.

But believe you me, I got the interpretation the following morning, when I got that slap. Again I don't want to talk about that incident.

Hi Patricia and apologies for the late reply. I was just wondering about your dream and then an event occouring, could it be that the Lord wants to develop your own prophetic gift (that's if He hasn't already of course). ?

Last edited:
Hi Patricia and apologies for the late reply. I was just wondering about your dream and then an event occouring, could it be that the Lord wants to develop your own prophetic gift (that's if He hasn't already of course). ?
He hasn't revealed anything yet. I haven't been to church in so long. I need to go back. My pastor said I need disapline. But then I have second guess about my church. (That too I don't want to talk about).

Back