Instagram resource as online support for real ministry - your thoughts and suggestions?

Discussion in 'Evangelism' started by AndreiA, Sep 30, 2017.

?

As it is now, how useful my I-account is as a support tool for group/church?

1. Very useful (75-100%)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Somewhat useful (50-75%)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Somewhat useless (25-50%)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Completely useless (0-25%)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 AndreiA, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2017
    Hi everyone,

I'm bearing a plan of opening a church in a financial district of my city, designed for unchurched/uncommitted people of privileged backgrounds. As I'm entering the financial industry myself, finding first visitors through various means of solicitation and seduction will be done personally during professional and networking events, to which I'll have access.

It's initial purpose will be to divert young guys/girls with much money from their usual ways of spending their after-hard-work evening/night hours into the venues more agreeing with Christian values (as ensuing addictions are the direct result of so-called crowd effect, when many people do stupid things not because they really want to but due to peer pressure and lack of better opportunities, my point is to create another crowd for them to spend time with - only better:)

So the church will start as a bigger-than-small discussion/fun Christian group functioning 3 times a week (let's say, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays) in the mode/style/fashion of a private club located in a nice, spacious apartment equipped accordingly...

Because people of privileged backgrounds can be very cautious about whom to join for discussions of such personal topics as faith and growth - and choosy about whom to have as their teachers - I also want to have an online resource that they can visit whenever they want, on their own, without any pressure from me or anyone else; read my own thoughts and my personal summaries of teachings on various topics of God, faith, and life in general; and make their mind whether my intellectual and spiritual levels are up to theirs and whether they would get involved or not...

I've begun developing Instagram account for this purposes. It already has my posts on a few topics (such as summary of gospel, guide for prayer, and primers on rewards, goals, decision making...) made in different colors; and it will be regularly updated with new ones about other concerns and challenges facing these people.

If you're on Instagram, I'll greatly appreciate your taking a look, skipping through a few - and giving your feedback, thoughts, suggestions either here or directly where my posts are. Also, I'll greatly appreciate your sharing my account/posts with your Christian friends on Instagram that they would do the same. (As I'm relevantly new to this kind of ministry, I really hope to find pearls of wisdom in your thoughts and suggestions that might benefit the idea.)

Andrei

P.S.: Please do not participate in the poll if you haven't viewed the contents of my Instagram account! Thank you for understanding!

2. Welcome to cfs AndreiA

As we ask of all new memers,
    Please look over the Following and Familiarize yourself with them, this will help you to have a safe and joyful time here in the forum.

Again this is just forum procedure and nothing else.

1. Forum Policies and Procedures
    2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.

If you have any questions or issues with the forum, please feel free to contact a moderator or helper and we will do what we can to help.

Again Welcome to cfs
    Blessings
    FCJ

Cturtle likes this.
  3. Welcome-Color-Splash-Picture.jpg

Welcome to cfs Andrei, it's good to have you here to fellowship with all of us.

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance

Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  4. Better check your local zoning laws and occupant laws where this spacious apartment is concerned.

Sounds like the lost or unsaved and how do you expect to have a Christian atmosphere where they will stay ?

Sounds more like a business adventure then a Christian ministry or church.

If God called you to this then He will direct your steps and provide everything.

If this is of you then you have struggle and toil to look forward to.

There is a huge difference between
    Being Called and just Went.

Now then if I am simply not grasping this then I ask of forgiveness.
    Blessings
    FCJ

5. On your "Sounds": they're businessmen to the marrow of their bones - as well as I'm - so I'll be speaking to them their language and catching them on diluted gospel (enough to save, but not enough to scare away) tailored to their needs and wants... They will do what I'll say them to do because I'll be the chief organizer and tax payer - or they're out! Many of them will participate even if they won't like some of the rules because I believe it'll be interesting, engaging, useful experience - and mostly free for them... Once caught, I'll be cooking them further: my purpose is not, and will not be, to turn businessmen into ministers, but into Christians willing to bear fruits of the Spirit through their professional works and sharing of their wealths with less fortunate people...

On "calling": were you right in putting forth your criteria, we had no choice but conclude that Jesus himself and all apostles "just went," for no one on the face of the earth so far has struggled and toiled for gospel more than they did. I got equipped before being called! So it's not he, but my mind - my free will to distinguish right from wrong, to choose one option over another, to plan and execute - directs my steps in accordance with Jesus' word and will - as I know and understand it! You describe your understanding of following Jesus as if he is your Pride Power Wheelchair (check out what it looks like:) carrying you wherever you want with a push of the button... Purely American mentality of freedom in Christ!

6. Be cautious about diluted gospel. It will cause people to be lukewarm and it will not produce within them the drive to do what God has called them to do. To take what the Word of God says and impliment it/weave it into every fiber of their businesses, to God's glory and purpose.

Preaching the truth in love will go further than watered down, lack of spiritual nutrients gospel. If you don't feed the spirit... your not doing the flesh any good.

If your doing what you believe your called to do.... then you will preach the pure Word of God and leave the conviction and development/direction of each person up to the Holy Spirit where it belongs.

Your job is to obey God at all costs and leave the outcome/consequences up to God

God bless

AtomicSnowflake likes this.
  7. No I speak of learning to be Spirit Led and relying on Him for directions and everything else.

From what I read in all your replies it's all about you. What You want and what you think and what you feel.

I will do this and they will obey and do what I say...
    Yep that's totally operating on self and relying on human understanding.

Blessings
    FCJ

AtomicSnowflake likes this.
  8. The Holy Spirit rules by Love not force. So if your not loving these people... you will be of the wrong spirit.

Every believer, regardless of their profession... is a minister in their own way, and one cannot minister wealth to others or bear fruits of the Spirit without their spirits being fed with pure spiritual food.

What you have described in the above quote... is not preaching, but is ministering God's grace where He desires it to be ministered.

You need to teach them to be spirit led, or all their works and efforts will be wood, hay, and stubble (1 Corinthians 3:12) .. And when they stand in judgement, if what they have done is of those three... it will be burned up and not produce the rewards that God desires to give them for eternity.

9. Screenshot_20171001-145915.png

According to Matthew 12: 34b - 35a, 36-37

Every word spoken is a container, and within these words contains prophecy for the future weather good or bad.

Because every person has the Holy Spirit within them at the time of salvation... He is the Spirit of truth (John 14: 16-17), and unto us it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God (Luke 8:10a)

What God's grace has already provided must be possessed by faith (2 Peter 1:3). We just have to know our authority and how to get it here. :)

10. Screenshot_20171001-151320.png

The steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step]. Though he falls, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord grasps his hand in support and upholds him.
    Psalm 37:23‭-‬24 AMPC
    http://bible.com/8/psa.37.23-24.AMPC

But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.
    Matthew 6:33 AMPC
    http://bible.com/8/mat.6.33.AMPC

1Jo 5:14 — 1Jo 5:15 (KJV)
    14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Every Believer who seeks first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness (ways of doing and being right) will have all these things added unto him. And is in right standing with God (as long as they have no unrepentant sin or unforgiveness).

That believer is the one with Whom God delights and guides their steps.. ps (quoted above) says He (God) busies Himself with their every step.

When God busies Himself with our every step... And we pray in accordance with His Word.. we have a confidence that says that we have whatsoever we ask for. For His Word is alive and powerful (Heb 4:12) and the one who has confidence (1 John 3:21) in what God has already provided (2 Peter 1:3).. will receive those things that He is believing for... for faith is the Substance of things hoped (expectant/fully persuaded) for (Heb 11:1) the evidence of things not seen. For faith is the currency of heaven and how we get those things that are already provided for us here.

But the clincher is that faith works only by love (Galatians 5:6) So anyone who is not walking in love, will not receive those things for which they are believing (mark 11:22-25), until they have repented and received the cleansing from all their unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). For what light has anything to do with darkness.

For repentance breaks the yoke of the sin that we have yielded our bodies and emotions to to (1 Peter 5:8)

AtomicSnowflake and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  11. You see, we don’t go around preaching about ourselves. We preach that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.
    2 Corinthians 4:5‭-‬7 NLT
    http://bible.com/116/2co.4.5-7.NLT

12. With all respect to your efforts, let me use an example of a grown-up child trying to pick pieces from different puzzles and fit them together just because they look suitable to each other - when I read your sentences, they sound right if taken individually, but once you try to arrange them into one picture you can't, for they belong to different places of the Scripture discussing different things and pointing to different applications in practice... I'll give just few ideas in general terms. First, as it is, you have no power from God at all, neither great nor negligible. Your power is not from God; your great power is God. It's not something that I can/may activate within me to make an influence/impact on the world around me. God himself is my power: his Holy Spirit within me is the power, which in response to my faith and prayers and actions does something according to His will in order to either promote, extend, amplify my effort or diminish, or even block it... When you're a nice kid, your mom and dad go a long way to please you and make your life easier and your desires fulfilled; when you're not, you're grounded. Similarly, when you build your personal relationship with Jesus on obeying his word, seeking his will, doing his works, his Holy Spirit opens for you one door after another; otherwise, you just live your own life... Second, "great treasure," "fragile clay jars," "light in heart," "face of Jesus" - boy, what kind of language is this? have you ever been in the real world; have you ever talked to real people; have you ever sympathized and empathize with their real life problems; have you ever walked in their shoes like Jesus did - or your own church, your own family, your own denomination, your own chat, forum is the only place where you open your mouth about your faith? Real Jesus you're talking about was kicked out, or at least attempted to, of every church of his times as soon as he was opening his mouth - have you:) To conclude: that's exactly what you're doing - PREACHING ABOUT YOURSELVES and ABOUT THEM !!! My advice: do it not ABOUT them, but FOR them - that they might see use of your talk and apply to their life and see good results and say to themselves - after that - wow, Jesus can really change my life! That's the way of the Holy Spirit to open others hearts and minds - and not the way around - otherwise, why would Jesus summarize his teaching before his crucifixion in the way that only when people see you loving each other and them will they know and believe that you're disciples and want to follow to...

13. Hello, AndreiA,

I hesitate to extend this topic, but I must say that I do understand your enthusiasm for sharing your feelings with others.
    However, I have learned that providing what seems like a wonderful meeting place without an already eager group of attendees is not the way to do it. This is borne out at present in my local situation. It is easy to think that one can attract and lead others like this, but it never seems to succeed.
    Even when one is able to supply an attractive centre, when guests realise why they have been invited, they will feel they can "go off some people".

It needs humility and a lifestyle of Christian living to attract others sharing the daily tasks, which will open up "co-incidences" leading to the suggestions of others that there may be an opportunity to meet together with a definite purpose, and that is where you can help.

In your case, because humility is the way ahead, it won't be easy because of what Jesus told the rich man, but you will be shown the way to successfully walk and hopefully work with Jesus through the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

May you be blessed indeed.

14. Staff Note: It has come to the attention of the staff that the person that started this thread has been involved in scamming persons for money.

This person has been banned from CFS and we caution all CFS members to be alert to this type of scheme and report anything that does not seem right under Christian values.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.