Insanity

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by joyinhislife, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Hey, does anyone else out there work out??? I was using The Firm videos, and decided to add the Insanity dvd's to the mix. Wanted to keep up with the muscle confusion. I purchased it after a friend lent me hers. The harder the workout, the better I love it.........within reason!!!! o_O

2. joyinhislife:

Well, I use the exercise bike (less than I should do) but not to rock music. There is some good Christian rock around, though.

Blessings.

3. Hey hey, I work out! :D I've been doing it for about 30 years (thank You, Lord)! Basically, I walk/racewalk for about 4 miles and then I lift weights 4 days a week. Yes, the harder, the better!!! ;)

4. Sparrow:

So you do it a lot, then. Do you sometimes use rock music as a background to workout? a lot of people do, anyway.

Blessings.

5. Yep! Contemporary Christian works! :D

farouk likes this.
  6. So you have maybe a favorite Contemporary Christian band that works for a workout?

Blessings.

7. I did the first week and then never finished. I would really like to give it another go.

8. christianvolume: Kind of hard to keep up sometimes, right?

9. There are WAY many that work. :D

10. Haha, it's effective and probably the most vigorous workout I've ever done, but I eventually opted out and went back to the ol' meat and potatoes, mom and pop gym workout and lap swimmin'.

11. Sparrow:

I think you're more into Christian soft rock, than hard rock, but it all works, I guess...

12. I used to listen to Skillet when I was younger, but I broke off with them a few years back...

13. I work out and watch what I eat. I don't work out as much as I would like, but I try!

I'm not a big fan of Insanity. I like Jillian Michaels :)

14. I did T25 and lost 26 pounds. Still 11 pounds shy of my goal weight, but it was a lot easier to keep up with since it was only 25 minutes a day. Still not easy, but was easier to stick to than insanity was

15. 3 days a week, every other day with a two day rest until I start over again. All of my workouts are strength training workouts because I want to stay healthy and get bigger. I was always the super skinny kid growing up. I take protein shakes and creatine along with a daily vitamin. I also do quick aerobic workouts for my core and play soccer for cardio.

16. Insanity! I used to love these workouts, and I do think they are great. However, I was disappointed to learn that the trainer Shaun T is openly gay. I do not approve of homosexual tendencies, and knowing about it just kind of puts a different spin on the DVDs. I have since moved on to the P90X series, which is wonderful! (y) In the meantime, I will pray for Shaun T.

ramblingvagabond likes this.