1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by joyinhislife, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Hey, does anyone else out there work out??? I was using The Firm videos, and decided to add the Insanity dvd's to the mix. Wanted to keep up with the muscle confusion. I purchased it after a friend lent me hers. The harder the workout, the better I love it.........within reason!!!! o_O

2. joyinhislife:

Well, I use the exercise bike (less than I should do) but not to rock music. There is some good Christian rock around, though.

3. Hey hey, I work out! :D I've been doing it for about 30 years (thank You, Lord)! Basically, I walk/racewalk for about 4 miles and then I lift weights 4 days a week. Yes, the harder, the better!!! ;)
  4. Sparrow:

So you do it a lot, then. Do you sometimes use rock music as a background to workout? a lot of people do, anyway.

5. Yep! Contemporary Christian works! :D
    farouk likes this.
  6. So you have maybe a favorite Contemporary Christian band that works for a workout?

7. I did the first week and then never finished. I would really like to give it another go.
  8. christianvolume: Kind of hard to keep up sometimes, right?
  9. There are WAY many that work. :D
  10. Haha, it's effective and probably the most vigorous workout I've ever done, but I eventually opted out and went back to the ol' meat and potatoes, mom and pop gym workout and lap swimmin'.
  11. Sparrow:

I think you're more into Christian soft rock, than hard rock, but it all works, I guess...
  12. I used to listen to Skillet when I was younger, but I broke off with them a few years back...
  13. I work out and watch what I eat. I don't work out as much as I would like, but I try!

I'm not a big fan of Insanity. I like Jillian Michaels :)
  14. I did T25 and lost 26 pounds. Still 11 pounds shy of my goal weight, but it was a lot easier to keep up with since it was only 25 minutes a day. Still not easy, but was easier to stick to than insanity was
  15. 3 days a week, every other day with a two day rest until I start over again. All of my workouts are strength training workouts because I want to stay healthy and get bigger. I was always the super skinny kid growing up. I take protein shakes and creatine along with a daily vitamin. I also do quick aerobic workouts for my core and play soccer for cardio.
  16. Insanity! I used to love these workouts, and I do think they are great. However, I was disappointed to learn that the trainer Shaun T is openly gay. I do not approve of homosexual tendencies, and knowing about it just kind of puts a different spin on the DVDs. I have since moved on to the P90X series, which is wonderful! (y) In the meantime, I will pray for Shaun T.
    ramblingvagabond likes this.