1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Ready Meals

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by boltardy, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Products from companies like Kohinoor and Gits. We find them a quick and easy way to something tasty and my mother usually cooks basmatti rice to go with them - Tilda is maybe the nicest we've had.

A couple of my own favourites are Aloo Saag, Aloo Matar and Palak Paneer. My mother is very fond of Mutter Paneer.

I (who am not Indian, just I find there are some interesting tastes and who's occasional curiosity started from coming home from a football match where we stopped at an Indian restaurant in Sale, near Manchester - first taste of a biryani and of okra when I was about 10) wouldn't know how authentic they are but think they are great for maybe a once a week meal. Just boil in the bag for a few minutes and they are done.

Any one else here use these things?
  2. Well, I certainly don't use them. Because we cook them at home :) I am from India! They are pretty close to being authentic.. The only thing is, they add so many different things to keep it good for a long time.. Preservants.. That does spoil the taste a lot.. And my wife never likes them.. I used to eat a lot of them when I was single.. Not anymore.. Home cooked food is a lot different though.. Some of them are really easy to cook.. If you are interested, may be you should start trying to cook some of them at home :)
    boltardy likes this.
  3. OK, it may be a week or two before I try it but what would you suggest as a really easy cook from home recipe?
  4. Would you like chicken or something else? Gravy or dry items?
    Jeffin and boltardy say Amen and like this.
  5. For a family item (I'm not myself but) it would need to be (lacto)vegetarian. A sauce/gravy I think would be nice.
  6. Oh how much I miss tandoori chicken and samosas! Oh and the naan bread! Yum!
    Ravindran likes this.
  7. I love Tandoori too. Yumm..

Ravindran likes this.
  8. Lust of the eyes!!!! Forgive me Lord!!! Yumm!
    Jeffin likes this.
  9. If you intend to eat with naan or roti (bread), then aaloo gobi (potato & cauliflower) or aaloo mutter (potato and peas) are a good choice.. They are simple to make as well..

10. Those would be ideal for us so if you can give how you/your wife cooks one, we would like to try your recipe.