Immaculate Conception

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Eve was the first person to sin, why Adam's sin was the one which brought

I don't know if that is a fair way to look at it.. I don't think God has revealed anything extra after Apostolic age.. We still have the same scripture which was used by early Church.. We are seeing the prophesies being fulfilled.. It is not a fitting term to say we have more revelation..
Most prophecies point to God doing more than the previous ages, by increaseing knowledge, grace and the like. The life of the Church is like the dawning of the day. It keeps getting brighter, and brigher unto that perfect day.

When we talk about original sin and Mary being sinless, we should consider this.. The first person to sin was Eve. But it was Adam's sin which brought the fall.. Hypothetically speaking, if Adam had not sinned fall would not have happened.. So sin is not genetically transfused (don't know if that is a right term for this context).. There is no need for us to think Mary had to be sinless for Jesus to be sinless.. Jesus was conceived by Holy Ghost.. Why He had to come in the form of flesh?

14Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, 15and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.

Most prophecies point to God doing more than the previous ages, by increaseing knowledge, grace and the like. The life of the Church is like the dawning of the day. It keeps getting brighter, and brigher unto that perfect day.
We don't have any new prophesies on plan of God.. Everything until eternity is written in the Word of God.. Agreed? If so, we are seeing fulfillment of such prophesies.. Certainly we are blessed to see them come to pass.. But people in early Church had the exact same revelation on what was going to happen.. The early Church was in last days.. We are in last days.. I don't think God is dealing with us any differently than what He was with early Church..

We don't have any new prophesies on plan of God.. Everything until eternity is written in the Word of God.. Agreed? If so, we are seeing fulfillment of such prophesies.. Certainly we are blessed to see them come to pass.. But people in early Church had the exact same revelation on what was going to happen.. The early Church was in last days.. We are in last days.. I don't think God is dealing with us any differently than what He was with early Church..

As knowledge increases so does revelation.

Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

I repeat the question I asked earlier: On whose authority did you discard church teachings and sacred traditions, which were given equal footing with the Bible?

What are the point of these sacred traditions? Is my salvation is jeopardy because I don't follow past traditions?

Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
May be we are just using words differently.. I would say understanding is better.. Does not mean there is extra revelation on Scripture..

I repeat the question I asked earlier: On whose authority did you discard church teachings and sacred traditions, which were given equal footing with the Bible?
We are not going to come to an agreement on this in a discussion forum.. Is only going to increase the heat.. Ultimately, sola scriptura or not.. That's it! Effectively that is your question.. How can you claim sola scriptura.. Isn't it?

What are the point of these sacred traditions? Is my salvation is jeopardy because I don't follow past traditions?
You have made a decision to become a Bible-only Christian. That's fine. But why then do you assume EVERYONE has also become a Bible only Christian? You ask questions like "Where is this or that found in scripture" knowing full well that not everyone uses the Bible only. Is that fair to Christians who believe differently than you do?

May be we are just using words differently.. I would say understanding is better.. Does not mean there is extra revelation on Scripture..

Revelation is simply like you said is understanding which is Wisdom. Revelation is understanding that which is already known of God.

We are not going to come to an agreement on this in a discussion forum.. Is only going to increase the heat.. Ultimately, sola scriptura or not.. That's it! Effectively that is your question.. How can you claim sola scriptura.. Isn't it?
My issue at the moment is that there is this belief that because one person is a Bible-only Christian, that everyone else must also be. So it's very annoying when Catholics and Orthodox Christians are constantly being asked to request Biblical justification for things which either the Bible is silent on or are referenced in church teachings/traditions.

Oh, 100% yes. Can you show me the verse that teaches the Bible's exclusivity?

Acts 4:10-12
"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole...Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

1 Thessalonians 2:14-16
:
"...ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost."

John 14:6:
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

That is not necessarily the case IMO.

The context of that verse is speaking to the time of the end after the Rapture when men will be wanting to know where everyone went and what is actually going on. Then men will be seeking knowledge from the Bible to answer their questions.

Acts 4:10-12
"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole...Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

1 Thessalonians 2:14-16
:
"...ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost."

John 14:6:
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
Major, EXCELLENT verses that point to Christ being our one and only savior. Though they don't address Sola Scriptura

Major, EXCELLENT verses that point to Christ being our one and only savior. Though they don't address Sola Scriptura

I know but I was address the post that stated..... "verses that show the Bible's exclusivity".

They were the first ones that came to my mind...(what there is left of it).

But I can do that if you like.

1 Cor 4:6: Jesus said, "upon this rock I will build My church" and Paul warned: "in building the church, do not exceed scripture!"

Luke 1:1-4: Luke begins by mentioning uninspired gospels by Christians, then the oral tradition of the apostles and concludes that scripture alone will allow Theophilus to know for certain what the truth is.

Matthew 4:1-11. Three times Jesus was tempted by the Devil and each time Jesus replied exactly the same three dangerous words that defeated the Devil: "IT IS WRITTEN" Read it for yourself! If any one could have used oral tradition, it was Jesus, yet he chose the only safe and sure way to defeat Satan: Scripture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back