Im Getting Discouraged : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you can assume i am objective to this topic then. Are you sure you are not making your decisions off bias though?

Absolutely sure I am not thinking with my flesh. Holy Spirit has taught me what I asked Him fervently for.

Studying a book other than the bible seems like a recipe for trouble. I am actually surprised you would be content about this topic if you are being led to believe that the majority of society is being deceived. That would make most people quite angry. The devil lays very divisive traps that even the most careful people can fall into. Do you experience any ill-will towards men because of your belief? If you do then it is probably a sign that you are being tricked by the devil into hatred. Anger is good, it can motivate us to stand up for what we believe is unjust, hatred on the other hand is a poison. I'm not accusing you btw, I am only assuming by putting myself in your shoes as much as I possibly can.

A book written by godly men that God Himself led me to is all good.

There is a lot of deception in the Body of Christ regarding this matter. I am happy to be among many who have broken free of it. As I said before, I find that men and women caught up in this male domination mindset are to be pitied and prayed for. God has placed me among hundreds of men and women who have been emancipated from it, so I don't have many opportunities to experience any sort of vexation about it.

Absolutely sure I am not thinking with my flesh. Holy Spirit has taught me what I asked Him fervently for.

A book written by godly men that God Himself led me to is all good.

There is a lot of deception in the Body of Christ regarding this matter. I am happy to be among many who have broken free of it. As I said before, I find that men and women caught up in this male domination mindset are to be pitied and prayed for. God has placed me among hundreds of men and women who have been emancipated from it, so I don't have many opportunities to experience any sort of vexation about it.
Set yourself free girl!

"LOL! We don't blame the founders of Christian enterprises for Satan's infiltration. He sticks his nose in everywhere. Loren Cunningham is not the devil. Neither was Moody."

What you say concerns me, did you even read what I said and prayerfully mediate on it?

So what you are inferring is Cunningham was in rebellion to the authority over him and God blessed that?

Did God change His mind about rebellion or authority since He inspired the writers of the Word to record what His thoughts/position are/is on them? What's next, is God going to change His mind about the finished works of His Son and is my salvation going to be in jeopardy?

I hope you can see how ludicrous it is when we start judging the Word, we can assume all sorts of false doctrines, the Word was given to us to judge the thoughts and intentions of our hearts Heb 4:12, the Word judges us, we don't judge the Word, ...how sad it is to see so many brothers and sisters in the Lord who started out with the Word judging them as sinners, received Salvation and then think because the Holy Spirit is revealing some portions of the Book to them they can start judging with what little knowledge they posses and begin judging what He is telling them as to whether it's right or wrong.

"Loren Cunningham is not the devil. Neither was Moody."

Careful sister, may I humbly suggest you go back and reread my post, I never said or inferred that, you are doing the same thing your great grandmother did, ....adding to what was said.

And for those following this discussion, that was the reason Paul gave for not allowing a woman to have authority over a man, Eve was deceived by the devil into thinking she would become more spiritual towards God and in her quest for more spirituality she added to what God had originally said, ...unfortunately, as we have seen so clearly here.

Sis, I love you with the Love of Christ and I'm trying to be kind and gentle with you, ...like I have already stated, I believe you have been taught some profound Truth by the Holy Spirit because the Spirit in me testifies with what He has taught you, but not in this matter, please take it before Father and meditate on James 3:1, ...we who teach are not only given the gift to us by Him, but along with it comes that precious Agape Love He has for His people, that is why we are judged more severely, becasue we are responsible for feeding the Lord's flock, ...there must be first and foremost in our hearts the desire to not stumble one of His precious children.

IN His Love,

Gene

Loren Cunningham's book is an important work, and it is not the product of rebellion.

My great-grandmother has nothing to do with this.

This matter separates many Christians, but the Body of Christ has been following the culturally erroneous interpretation of Paul. He is greatly misunderstood.

Beloved, we must seriously evaluate this, isn't the title of the his book, "Is that really you God?" or something questioning like that (it's been years since I read it), but the title is presented with doubt which to me means Cunningham wasn't really sure he was hearing from God about his vision (not to mention it is unscriptural to send out debutantes on missionary journeys, just look how many years Paul was in preparation before the Holy Spirit sent him and Barnabas out), ...and, you have not answered my question how a 20 year old man can go against the authority of his church elders and believe God would bless his rebellion, on top of that YWAM went three decades without being in subjection to any authority until in the early 2000's they came under the umbrella of Calvary Chapel Honolulu, but it's my understand they didn't stay there long.

My great grandmother reference was to Eve and how she added to what God said, which is a character trait that you (and all women) have inherited from her that must be kept in subjection by the power of the Holy Spirit.

It has nothing to do with culture, I'm confused with how you could think the man that penned we are new creations in Christ, everything is new and the old has passed away, and I count everything of my Jewish culture as dung could say those things and then still believe in and teach about our culture (which incidentally is one of the major false teaching in YWAM today, ...people must return to their culture and the YWAMers here are teaching the Tahitians their supreme god Tanaroa is the same as the God of the bible)?

Jesus said, I Am the Truth, He didn't say I'm one of many truths, He also said He would send the Comforter and He would teach us all Truth and bring to our remembrance what He (Jesus) had said, that means His Truth is Universal, the Holy Spirit teaches the same Truth in all parts of the Body of Christ where ever they might be placed in the world, ...what you believe is not universal truth in the Body of Christ, but is confined to a small minority who are saying, ...we have new revelation from God!

Dear sister, I sure hope and pray you can see this, not that I'm trying to win an argument, but rather in Love I want to see you stand before the Bema Seat of Christ and receive all the rewards the Lord has for you, rather that see your works of and in the flesh be burned up.

In His Love,

Gene

Beloved, we must seriously evaluate this, isn't the title of the his book, "Is that really you God?" or something questioning like that (it's been years since I read it), but the title is presented with doubt which to me means Cunningham wasn't really sure he was hearing from God about his vision (not to mention it is unscriptural to send out debutantes on missionary journeys, just look how many years Paul was in preparation before the Holy Spirit sent him and Barnabas out), ...and, you have not answered my question how a 20 year old man can go against the authority of his church elders and believe God would bless his rebellion, on top of that YWAM went three decades without being in subjection to any authority until in the early 2000's they came under the umbrella of Calvary Chapel Honolulu, but it's my understand they didn't stay there long.

My great grandmother reference was to Eve and how she added to what God said, which is a character trait that you (and all women) have inherited from her that must be kept in subjection by the power of the Holy Spirit.

It has nothing to do with culture, I'm confused with how you could think the man that penned we are new creations in Christ, everything is new and the old has passed away, and I count everything of my Jewish culture as dung could say those things and then still believe in and teach about our culture (which incidentally is one of the major false teaching in YWAM today, ...people must return to their culture and the YWAMers here are teaching the Tahitians their supreme god Tanaroa is the same as the God of the bible)?

Jesus said, I Am the Truth, He didn't say I'm one of many truths, He also said He would send the Comforter and He would teach us all Truth and bring to our remembrance what He (Jesus) had said, that means His Truth is Universal, the Holy Spirit teaches the same Truth in all parts of the Body of Christ where ever they might be placed in the world, ...what you believe is not universal truth in the Body of Christ, but is confined to a small minority who are saying, ...we have new revelation from God!

Dear sister, I sure hope and pray you can see this, not that I'm trying to win an argument, but rather in Love I want to see you stand before the Bema Seat of Christ and receive all the rewards the Lord has for you, rather that see your works of and in the flesh be burned up.

In His Love,

Gene

You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how oblivious it is.

You don't have to worry about me standing before the Bema Seat. I am looking forward to it, and between the Lord and myself, my rewards are sure.

We will all have things that will burn away.

For a while.. I've been thinking. .. what's the point.

Last Sunday I think my pastor pointed out I was being religious. Which I agree, reading ( which I rarely do now) and praying and going to church can become routine when you lose your zeal.

She went to Rev ch 2, you know the church of Ephesus. .. they worked diligently and patiently....and Jesus himself warned that He'd remove their lampstand if they didn't turn back to their first love.

And it made me feel like..whats the point, if my best is religious?
I've tried to talk to God and chase Him ...but He rarely talks back..its a onesided relationship. ...
Yet my other members who left our church...hear Him crystal clear..

And are blessed by Him

Idk, it seems so backwards. .. I want to talk to God more than He wants to talk to me ..but He just won't. ..and Im tired of chasing someone who ignores me. : /

And, My life doesn't display His fruits...you know in Galatians...
I don't know what to do ..bc only God can bear the fruit..yet I can't hear Him...in someways I feel damned already...

Its so unfair I want to change but HE won't do it... idk Im just frustrated. .. and discouraged and want to give up.

= <
Don't focus on others or yourself, but Jesus alone. Take His word and hold onto it. Understand that the vast majority of "churches" don't have a clue what it means to BE a follower of Christ. Seek Him out and He will present Himself. It's a path certainly less traveled because it's not an easy one. People will call you out, ridicule you (especially "Christians"), and call you all kinds of things, but hold onto the Truth. Search out the Person of God, not just a figment of one's imagination, but hear Him, see Him, touch Him! He waits for you!

Thanks abdicate, i agree with what you said abt most not having a clue abt being a follower of Christ..

Idk, i just wish i could hear Him.

Thanks abdicate, i agree with what you said abt most not having a clue abt being a follower of Christ..

Idk, i just wish i could hear Him.
To hear Him you first have to trust what He's written. Then you have to be at peace so you can hear Him. Here's a great example:

1 Kings 19:11-12 (KJV)
And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; [but] the LORD [was] not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; [but] the LORD [was] not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; [but] the LORD [was] not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

God wasn't in the destructive wind. God wasn't in the earthquake. God wasn't in the fire. But He was in the still small voice.

Believe His written word and then you'll hear the Word - Jesus :)

Be patient and trust that He will. Jesus said:

John 10:27-30 (KJV)
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand. I and [my] Father are one.

I really don't know anymore.I struggle to hear his voice..maybe im not a sheep..ostrich probably : / .. I just I were someone else. Maybe then He'd speak to me and guide me..idk. I feel like a curse...

Sorry for being a dark cloud but.. its how I've been dealing.

It's called faith. When the devil comes and says "you're nothing" you reply "I am a child of God" when he comes and says "you're ugly" you say "in Jesus I am precious and beautiful"! You fight fire with fire. He shoots a fiery dart at you you throw the word of God at him.

Ephesians 6:12 (KJV)
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

You can either wallow in self focus and self pity, of you can rise up and believe the word of God and claim what is yours!

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Notice what Jesus healed in us: Discourage!

Isaiah 53:5 (KJV)
But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

It's called faith. When the devil comes and says "you're nothing" you reply "I am a child of God" when he comes and says "you're ugly" you say "in Jesus I am precious and beautiful"! You fight fire with fire. He shoots a fiery dart at you you throw the word of God at him.

Ephesians 6:12 (KJV)
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

You can either wallow in self focus and self pity, of you can rise up and believe the word of God and claim what is yours!

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Amen!

Here, pancake---take this in:

IN CHRIST…

I AM ACCEPTED
John 1:12; --------------------------I am God’s child.

John 15:15; ------------------------ I am Christ’s best friend.

Romans 5:1; ----------------------- I have been justified.

1 Corinthians 6:17; --------------- I am united in the Lord; I am one spirit with Him.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20; ----------- I have been bought with a price. I belong to God.

1 Corinthians 12:27; -------------- I am a member of Christ’s body.

Ephesians 1:1; --------------------- I am a saint.

Ephesians 1:5; --------------------- I have been adopted as God’s child.

Ephesians 2:18; -------------------- I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit.

Colossians 1:14; ------------------- I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.

Colossians 2:10; ------------------- I am complete in Christ.

I AM SECURE
Romans 8:1-2; --------------------- I am free forever from condemnation!

Romans 8:28; ---------------------- I am assured that all things work together for good.

Romans 8:31-34; ------------------ I am free from any condemning charges against me!

Romans 8:35-39; ------------------ I cannot be separated from the love of God.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22; ------------ I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.

Colossians 3:3; -------------------- I am hidden with Christ in God.

Philippians 1:6; -------------------- I am confident that God will perfect the good work begun in me.

Philippians 3:20; -------------------I am a citizen of heaven.

2 Timothy 1:7; --------------------- I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind!

Hebrews 4:16; ---------------------- I can find grace and mercy to help in time of need.

1 John 5:18; ------------------------- I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me!

I AM SIGNIFICANT
Matthew 5:13-14; ------------------- I am the salt and light of the earth.

John 15:1,5; --------------------------I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life.

John 15:16; -------------------------- I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.

Acts 1:8; ----------------------------- I am a personal witness of Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:16; ----------------- I am God’s temple!

2 Corinthians 5:17-21; --------------I am a minister of reconciliation for God.

2 Corinthians 6:1; ------------------- I am God’s co-worker. (1 Corinthians 3:9)

Ephesians 2:6; ----------------------- I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm.

Ephesians 2:10; ---------------------- I am God’s workmanship!

Ephesians 3:12; ---------------------- I may approach God with freedom and confidence!

Philippians 4:13; --------------------- I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me!

Last edited:
@ just passing, do you say this BC my pastor is a female?

gender doesn't matter to God His spirit falls on whomever...

But She teaches the truth, which is what's in the bible

But I want to thank you all for helping me in my time of need....

I won't waste anymore of your time...someone else may need more help..so
I have to learn, as someone said, use God's word to pull me through,

So I justhave to know that I know ...

But thank you :)

If someone could close this thread that would be helpful..as Im discouraged no longer ^^ and so mods can attend to others needs and questions... thanks :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back