Im Getting Discouraged : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear sister, I know you are sincere, but I have to question God leading you to Lauren Cunningham, if you will do the research you will find he was in rebellion to his elders of the AoG when they told him NOT to start YWAM, ...I know it started out with the right intentions because I know personally and worked with Dallas Moore, one of the first YWAMers along with Larry Hendricks, both from my hometown of Bakersfield CA, but today it is filled with all kinds of false teaching (if you will look on the internet you will find testimonies from the kids of being taught New Age Eastern Mysticism and occultic practices) , even the director Danny (L--I've forgotten his name) has admitted it, I know they are all over the globe, but that doesn't make it correct or of God, ...just like the YMCA, on his deathbed Moody told his elders it was not of God and to close it down, ...just look where it is today.

In His Love,

Gene

I'm curious. What does God sound like when he talks to you? Does he have an accent?

How did you come to know that he speaks to you before you realised?
I hear the holy spirit mostly through prayer. My prayers tend to be jumbled and would make no sense to anyone but me and God, and a lot of the times barely make sense to me. When the holy spirit talks to me it is usually when I am praying for insight or guidance in my life or to a debate I can't figure out the answer to, etc... Literally their are countless things I pray for. Anyways, in these moments I will literally have no clue what the answer is or what I should do in my life, etc... And that is when, similar to what MichaelH said, the holy spirit talks to me and gives me the answer, and the solution just becomes so clear. Even though this is all happening in my head, I know it is not me but the holy spirit. It is really hard to explain other than that because you have to experience it to know what I mean. I am not always answered so quickly though, but when the time is right I can hear the holy spirit talking to me just like in my prayers. God bless you.

I hear the holy spirit mostly through prayer. My prayers tend to be jumbled and would make no sense to anyone but me and God, and a lot of the times barely make sense to me. When the holy spirit talks to me it is usually when I am praying for insight or guidance in my life or to a debate I can't figure out the answer to, etc... Literally their are countless things I pray for. Anyways, in these moments I will literally have no clue what the answer is or what I should do in my life, etc... And that is when, similar to what MichaelH said, the holy spirit talks to me and gives me the answer, and the solution just becomes so clear. Even though this is all happening in my head, I know it is not me but the holy spirit. It is really hard to explain other than that because you have to experience it to know what I mean. I am not always answered so quickly though, but when the time is right I can hear the holy spirit talking to me just like in my prayers. God bless you.
I've never suffered from hearing voices in my head and I would be a bit concerned if I did. If it works for you though..

He sounds just like you. A much wiser version, but he speaks with the same language and accent you do.

I said something dumb and obvious to the Lord (one of the times) and he said ,"you think?"

Other times its very serious and scripture sounding.
So essentially, when God speaks you hear him in your own voice. You realise how odd that sounds to someone like me.

Our Creator would NOT want to speak to us? When you consider our intelligence levels, do you not realize how dumb that sounds?

You want your Creator to speak to you on your terms / jump through your hoops and not follow His word given us / scriptural path leading us to hear from Him...do you realize how arrogant and dumb that is?

Our Creator would NOT want to speak to us? When you consider our intelligence levels, do you not realize how dumb that sounds?

You want your Creator to speak to you on your terms / jump through your hoops and not follow His word given us / scriptural path leading us to hear from Him...do you realize how arrogant and dumb that is?
I just don't understand how hearing voices in your head works, I may well seem dumb to you but that's how it is. I don't see what intelligence has to do with it whatsoever.

I just don't understand how hearing voices in your head works,
You have never talked to yourself in your head? I don't discredit anyone who claims to hear God literally speaking to them in the head. But for me, I know it is God if a scripture is placed in my head. It happens amazingly often and when needed.

God speaks to us with scripture, thoughts and dreams...all this is computed in our heads. All this can be computed in our heads because IQ>10. No intelligence = no discernment of God's voice / God can't talk to us.

Dear sister, I know you are sincere, but I have to question God leading you to Lauren Cunningham, if you will do the research you will find he was in rebellion to his elders of the AoG when they told him NOT to start YWAM, ...I know it started out with the right intentions because I know personally and worked with Dallas Moore, one of the first YWAMers along with Larry Hendricks, both from my hometown of Bakersfield CA, but today it is filled with all kinds of false teaching (if you will look on the internet you will find testimonies from the kids of being taught New Age Eastern Mysticism and occultic practices) , even the director Danny (L--I've forgotten his name) has admitted it, I know they are all over the globe, but that doesn't make it correct or of God, ...just like the YMCA, on his deathbed Moody told his elders it was not of God and to close it down, ...just look where it is today.

In His Love,

Gene

LOL! We don't blame the founders of Christian enterprises for Satan's infiltration. He sticks his nose in everywhere. Loren Cunningham is not the devil. Neither was Moody.

I've never suffered from hearing voices in my head and I would be a bit concerned if I did. If it works for you though..

It isn't in our head. It is in our spirit, where God loves, which communicates with our mind. Those who do not have Jesus have vacant, dead spirits---as yet.

the voice of God is NOT as you may think it is ..
if you don't grasp what Paul is saying, I will explain it if you wish ..

1Co 2:13
which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.

does God give direct & specific replies .. indeed ..
this is what "if anyone has ears, let him hear what the Spirit is saying" means ..
and what I call "your God ears" ..

Last edited:
the voice of God is NOT as you may think it is ..
if you don't grasp what Paul is saying, I will explain it if you wish ..

1Co 2:13
which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.

does God give direct & specific replies .. indeed ..
this is what "if anyone has ears, let him hear what the Spirit is saying" means ..
and what I call "your God ears" ..
I'm quite happy for the spirit to come and talk to me but so far, in 46 years, nothing.

I am very regimented in my reasoning process and rely much on logic ..
when God speaks to me, it is clearly not from my reasoning methodology I receive ..
as well as when a person has a thought "that comes to them" it is because it is an answer to their mind searching and you can trace the procedure in your mind ..

God's answer are often unrelated or unexpected direction from the ones our minds are looking in .. and the key here, is you must be "in the spirit" to hear the HS .. you can call that "being in prayerful worship with your all (mind, heart body & soul) for God"

those who hear demonic voices will tell you that the voices have a tone .. meaning even though they hear it in their head, they could recognize the voice .. not so with the HS .. you cannot say "He sounds like this" because you hear in more then just your head (as Paul was trying to convey, it is a spiritual thing) when He speaks, it is more similar to mental telepathy .. as "in the spirit" YOU HEAR AND KNOW in your mind, heart and spirit simultaneously .. it is a "truth" and you recognize it as such .. I post to help people .. the HS often gives me the verses .. He says to me: X verse .. X verse .. & X verse .. faster then I can look them up and see what they are (always 3 verses that bear witness to each other) in a matter of seconds .. but the HS does speak as to lead us where He wants us to go and what He wants us to do .. and will answer direct questions at times also ..

I will ask the father to send ANOTHER HELPER ..
Jesus was our helper by making A WAY TO BE REDEEMED ..
the HS is our helper by leading us IN THAT WAY ..
so the HS does have purpose when He speaks ..

In 46 years, Holy Spirit has spoken to you, and He does so often, here, but you are tuning him out and are allowing your own thoughts to dominate.
I got home from work today, sat out on the patio with a cold beer and plonked the Bose speaker down and played some Paul Weller. A songbird has just appeared nearby and seems to be singing along, does that count?

I got home from work today, sat out on the patio with a cold beer and plonked the Bose speaker down and played some Paul Weller. A songbird has just appeared nearby and seems to be singing along, does that count?

in a sense .. not the HS directly, but directed by the Spirit of God ..
"Behold the Birds of the Sky" ..
Jesus was saying "His truth is also in nature" ..
so what truth from God does your heart tell you is being taught ???

I never considered that you were prideful or chauvinistic, friend.

I was intensely seeking God's face concerning this very topic several years ago, having come from a wonderful denominational church (C&MA, founded by A.B. Simpson), that loved and appreciated women in ministry but always blocked them when it came to certain leadership roles. My mother was one of the first who actually did in the entire Canadian denomination, given the title "Assistant to the pastor" rather than assistant Pastor, which lessened the opposition. She was the very first female elected in her district's DEXCOM, the district executive committee for pastors and served as a pastoral counselor, and as counselor TO pastors. She pioneered the way so that now in that denomination, there are now ordained women in ministry. I became privy to much of the negative hoopla concerning her God-given appointments, which was very hurtful and divisive for some, so that when my husband and I and our children moved and became members of our local non-denominational church that the Lord led us to, which had 8 pastors, 4 of whom were women, I wanted to know for sure what God actually had to say to me about that, so that I would not be hindered in my walk or my attitude or my own service to God.

God led me to this wonderful book, called, "Why Not Women?" written by that wonderful man, Lauren Cunningham, the founder of YWAM, and David Joel Hamilton, a scholar with regard to languages. I studied it voraciously, and the Lord spoke to me through it that we---both men and women---have all been victims of the erroneous Greco-Roman cultural influence that continues even today. I no longer have an issue, and I thank the Lord for His leading to bring me understanding and freedom in this area.
So you can assume i am objective to this topic then. Are you sure you are not making your decisions off bias though? Studying a book other than the bible seems like a recipe for trouble. I am actually surprised you would be content about this topic if you are being led to believe that the majority of society is being deceived. That would make most people quite angry. The devil lays very divisive traps that even the most careful people can fall into. Do you experience any ill-will towards men because of your belief? If you do then it is probably a sign that you are being tricked by the devil into hatred. Anger is good, it can motivate us to stand up for what we believe is unjust, hatred on the other hand is a poison. I'm not accusing you btw, I am only assuming by putting myself in your shoes as much as I possibly can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back