If You're Prayers Aren't Answered Does That Mean You Aren't A Christian?

Think about this for a moment. If god loves us all then why doesn't he try harder to save all of humanity from hell? He COULD come down to earth and tell us all which religion was right. He COULD answer ours prayers directly by speaking to us. He COULD. And HAS te power to do anything he wants but he doesn't. What kind of loving god would do that to his children? That's why I don't believe in god. If he's so "almighty" then why doesn't he help us in our time of need? Just think.....

How does a rich man find a wife? Now multiply the difficulty factor by a couple million and we can glimpse God's dilemma and reason for Earth and all that has transpired since Adam ;).

God takes care of us. David says it best in Psalm 37:25 I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

You need to understand that earth is God's time to use us. We submit to Him and His will, whatever that may be down here Psalm 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. We / our selfish will to gain Maslows hierarchy of needs died with Christ Rom 6:8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Heaven is where we get to take that tour to Israel or Jupiter that we can't afford (y).

Everything in Heaven works backwards. The greatest in heaven is whoever makes himself the humblest Matt 18:4
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Now lets take a guess, who is the greatest in Heaven?....drum roll....God. So who is the humblest in Heaven....drum roll... God. Heaven is going to be awesome (y). Hence Paul says this Rom 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

How does a rich man find a wife? Now multiply the difficulty factor by a couple million and we can glimpse God's dilemma and reason for Earth and all that has transpired since Adam ;).

God takes care of us. David says it best in Psalm 37:25 I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

You need to understand that earth is God's time to use us. We submit to Him and His will, whatever that may be down here Psalm 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. We / our selfish will to gain Maslows hierarchy of needs died with Christ Rom 6:8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Heaven is where we get to take that tour to Israel or Jupiter that we can't afford (y).

Everything in Heaven works backwards. The greatest in heaven is whoever makes himself the humblest Matt 18:4
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Now lets take a guess, who is the greatest in Heaven?....drum roll....God. So who is the humblest in Heaven....drum roll... God. Heaven is going to be awesome (y). Hence Paul says this Rom 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
Very vague answers with some bible verses thrown in don't act as a valid argument

Think about this for a moment. If god loves us all then why doesn't he try harder to save all of humanity from hell? He COULD come down to earth and tell us all which religion was right. He COULD answer ours prayers directly by speaking to us. He COULD. And HAS te power to do anything he wants but he doesn't. What kind of loving god would do that to his children? That's why I don't believe in god. If he's so "almighty" then why doesn't he help us in our time of need? Just think.....
One last thing...God is on earth in the form of the Holy Spirit. If you draw near to Him, He will draw near to you James 4:8.

God does speak to us John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Most leave Him outside Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

The problem is not with God, as much as you want to believe it is. Are you man enough to deal with your sin and rejection of a good God?

One last thing...God is on earth in the form of the Holy Spirit. If you draw near to Him, He will draw near to you James 4:8.

God does speak to us John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Most leave Him outside Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
The problem is not with God, as much as you want to believe it is. Are you man enough to deal with your sin and rejection of a good God?

I'm going to talk to you on the same level you're talking to me.

"Are you man enough to deal with your son and rejection of a good God?"

Here's my question

Are you intelligent enough to look into your own faith instead of blinding accepting it without any proof or evidence?

Very vague answers with some bible verses thrown in don't act as a valid argument

Mate there is no argument you can present that cannot be beaten and exposed...as trivial, mindless, circular tripe. You are not looking for any resolution. You are biased and you know why.

I have already asked you to share with us why you are biased so we can help you deal with it. But you refrain. If only you had better intentions. Honesty is a pill you need to swallow. It will help you! You are sick! We have all been where you are.

Are you intelligent enough to look into your own faith instead of blinding accepting it without any proof or evidence?

Yes of course. Can we deal with one thing at a time though. I don't like blurring issues.

God = intelligent design all around us. As Sir Isaac Newton says ''In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God’s existence'' http://realtruth.org...03-science.html

Jesus = God, well that requires you to open the door to your heart to Him...Him who knows / tests your mind and heart Jer 17:10. 1 Cor 12:3 is crystal clear ...Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

You are not hearing from God because God is not a fool. Duh? No mate, God does not jump when you say jump and no mate, God not jumping when YOU say jump, does not mean God does not love you. God doesn't ''talk'' to you as you don't want to hear His voice. But He does show you His love by hanging on the cross for YOUR sins.

Hmm an atheist, you came pretty late..you skipped over where I #remembered# all the times He did answer my prayers. : /

I think i more than anyone here..maybe knows how its like to be like ... " leah", or other underdogs in the Bible. I have more downs than ups..when I try to seek God He seems to hide despite my efforts toward Him. Even yesterday,no Monday ...I felt so horrible and abandoned ...He didnt comfort me..no words of advice ..nothing.
Sometimes days I love Him( when he does what I want :p) and hate Him ( when He seems to be MIA in my life..but right on time in others).....

Idk what you think #an atheist # what happens when you become a Christian. ... but one thing that is certain, all your dreams dont come true.

And you are right atheist, God does treat some differently than others..some have more sorrows or joys... you can even see it in the Bible.

Abraham had a silver spoon in his mouth lol ..he lied and God confronted abimelech! Instead of abraham lol

Yet when David sinned He got punished immediately: child died..ect.

BUT))))))) {im going somewhere pll :p}

The reason I haven't just "cursed God and died" is because. ... well ..even though God hasn't answered my prayers as much as I want, He has been there for me. Not all the time,but when I needed it... most times.
And He has made efforts in my life to show me, He is real ... and I can see Him in others lives.
And when you compare Jesus to most other "gods" he really is more merciful. I remember reading Zeus punishing villagers bc the didnt give him presents, and in the bible the isrealites ,when they forgot lol, would sacrifice theyre kids to molech....making them pass through fire.
And God said ..something like that never crossed his mind...I know you might bring up isaac..but before abraham even had a chance to gut him,God said stop. It was only a test.

And lastly, one thing my cousin said that I truly love..... was... " if God never did anything for me again, he is still good"
Nd He's right.

Alot of times..and I mean ALOT xD I keep forgetting, God is God not me..He can do WHATEVER He wants whether I like it or not...and most times...i do not.but He doesn't need my permission. ..
When Jesus was on earth..God didn't answer his prayer for His cup of suffering to pass..and on the cross He asked " why have you forsaken me?"
And that was God's son.

So if that hhappened to God's son..and John the baptist who he spoke so highly of was beheaded.....

What should I expect? :/ definitely not to be pampered.

And like david said " what is man.. that you think so much of him?"

Were nothing really and my problem is, I think of myself more than i ought :s

But I hope this helps, in a way..and I mean a slight way lol.. im a bit glad , bc from talking to other atheists and agnostics. ..i know they didnt all start out that way.
One gave up after praying for 10yrs and getting no answer.... another after her kids wete taken from her...yet my member who has six kids..kept hers from being taken

That's hard

and I understand hat... and I feel b/c of this i can be ore empathetic to those who dont believe.. instead of just attacking them... idk I hope thi helps yah an atheist ::)

Well Pancakes, Where is the Messiah has such an excellent post I don't think I need to add anything. I am thankful that you know you are saved and I will await your response to his post before saying more except, since anxiety is what you say you have a lot, it sounds like lack of faith is the issue. May you be blessed with great peace, joy, wisdom and blessing.
Pancakes why did you mark this disagree? Anxiety is a lack of faith. You don't agree with that? You are the one who says you have anxiety issues. I didn't claim it for you.

olivia i disagreed b/c i don't think thats always true...jesus was anxious before his death...he sweated grape drops of blood... and thatwas God....

I do undertsnad some..even alot of anxiety is a lack of faith..but were humans and we arent perfect..

and why does it mattr that I don't agree/ you say alot of things i do agree with, its just with this I take a different stanceon.

how much harder does God need to try then to demonstrate the greatest love of all .. that being to die for you .. he did come down and told us .. and He had the Apostles write it down for you, me and everyone since then .. and He does answer prayer directly .. not always, but when it is in accordance with His will ..

your time of need is now .. all need salvation .. and He already did do what was needed by making atonement for sin possible .. heck he even has a BIG eraser He breaks out if you sin further and repent .. what else you want from Him .. to cook your dinner ???

how much harder does God need to try then to demonstrate the greatest love of all .. that being to die for you .. he did come down and told us .. and He had the Apostles write it down for you, me and everyone since then .. and He does answer prayer directly .. not always, but when it is in accordance with His will ..

your time of need is now .. all need salvation .. and He already did do what was needed by making atonement for sin possible .. heck he even has a BIG eraser He breaks out if you sin further and repent .. what else you want from Him .. to cook your dinner ???

Lol remins me of that phrase" whatdoes he want..blood?" he gave that and most people...myself included want more....idk I think dying takesthecake XD if you don't know he loves you from that..than...idk lol.

olivia i disagreed b/c i don't think thats always true...jesus was anxious before his death...he sweated grape drops of blood... and thatwas God....

I do undertsnad some..even alot of anxiety is a lack of faith..but were humans and we arent perfect..

indeed .. Jesus anxiety was not a byproduct of a lack of Faith ..
anxiety is a human emotion felt by humans .. and being incarnate (so as to be a just judge) He experienced all that we do (even temptation) .. however whether or not we "overcome it" is another thing .. we (like Jesus) must then say "not as I will but you will" and accept it .. therefore anxiety is a byproduct of not obtaining our own will .. which as a human, we should seek to submit that to God ..

Last edited:
thats what Ive been getiing at, it is a human emotion.. but i do agree whether we overcome it or not is up to us....
and i do think ..maybe constant fear..dik maybe a lack of faith..
idk, all i know is i just need a closet to pray in right now XD lawl.

thats what Ive been getiing at, it is a human emotion.. but i do agree whether we overcome it or not is up to us....

I do attribute guilt feelings (after repentance) to a lack of faith .. because God clearly tells us in scripture that if you sincerely repent (mean it) then he is JUST TO FORGIVE ALL SIN .. that means guilt after that point means you do not believe what God said (lack of faith) ..

I do not disagree with you or Ixoye on this. I am talking about not trusting God with your anxiety. When we trust God with everything He gives us peace that passes understanding that overcomes the anxiety.

I do not disagree with you or Ixoye on this. I am talking about not trusting God with your anxiety. When we trust God with everything He gives us peace that passes understanding that overcomes the anxiety.
Also, I don't think we can really compare ourselves with Jesus who had to bear all of humanities sins at once and pay for those sins that He never committed. I don't even think this can be comprehensible in any way for any of us.

I would concur .. but do you think man is entirely capable of that while on earth ???
even Jesus (incarnate) asked for the cup to be removed .. so He understands very well that being human and working within the perishable isn't easy ..
I point to Peter .. "Peter, step out of the boat and walk on the water to me" ..
the guy had GREAT faith/trust .. he got out and started walking on the water ..
so why do you think he began to sink ???
doubt aka lack of faith ??? .. and WHY would that be ???
because he felt anxiety over his own fate ???

but you see, Jesus said IF we had faith as small as the smallest seed, we could do even greater things .. so Jesus told us, our faith IS restricted because of being in the flesh (less then the smallest seed) and that is because we are just people, and what limits us is our own ego for self that creates that doubt (destroys faith) .. but we are born with it, and it is all about "overcoming" ..
Jesus reads hearts .. so it is IF that desire to overcome is in your heart, that's what matters .. Peter DID get out of the boat and had some success .. as the Apostles grew in faith, so did what was possible to them (thus we pray to God to increase our faith, which happens when we embrace humility aka surrender our will in lieu of His) .. we are ALL works in progress .. just like running the good race (give it the best shot you have)(love God with your all) and by giving it the best shot you have, is all God has ever asked .. and He will help you, and ultimately in turn put His righteousness over yours if that is your true desire of the heart to do His will ..

God Bless you Olivia .. for He surely loves you ..

When I was a very young Christian, I would ask God for things all the time. I wanted to know everything, and I wanted it now! I had a vision back then, and in this vision I saw the Lord walking around with a tray, and on this tray were horderves. There were many people around, and every one was taking one. But when the Lord came to me I said, "Lord, take what you want, and I will take all the rest." I was not being selfish, but bold in what I wanted. The Lord does not like timidity , he likes when someone has boldness in their asking, because that carry's faith.
I have always wanted to know the things of God with great earnest. Well, being so young in the Lord there were things that took years before I got answers for. It was not because I could not hear the Lord, the problem was I would not be able to understand if he did tell me. You can not teach a kindergarten student algebra until they first learn how to add and subtract. I was the problem in my understanding. Now that years have gone by, and I have learned a lot of the basics of God's Word, it much easier to ask the Lord and receive answers almost immediately because I am no longer a child in my understanding.
Unanswered prayer is a answer, to wait until we learn the basics so that when the Lord does speak back we will understand what he says. :)

Back